South Carolina - 5,372,002 
Alabama - 5,098,746 
San Antonio/Austin Metro - 4,786,143 
Louisiana - 4,553,384 
Kentucky - 4,518,031 
Oklahoma - 4,048,375 
Arkansas - 3,063,152 
Mississippi - 2,930,528 

I, uh, augmented you list to make it more accurate.

Judging from the augmentations, I'd think you meant "accurater".

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

image.thumb.jpeg.fc64f1e2c1e2c6fc134772f7c1d046dc.jpeg

Johnny Manziel is opening a bar at Northgate in College Station. Opening this fall. 115 College Main Street (which I believe is the building across from Social Lounge).

All jokes that can made aside, Johnny will probably make a good amount of dough during football season, and some during Spring. Northgate only gets slow during summers.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Forget it, he's rolling.   Is the Manziel bar a real thing?

Yeah, it's a real thing.  And yeah, like I ruined Kyle's pro-2A appearance at that other bar near there a few months ago...I already contacted TABC and tipped them off that they're going to sell tickets to meet 'n greet with a 20yo this fall which you can do for non-political charities at Johnny's bar.  But I embellished and warned the people on the TABC on-premise application that they're already in trouble with TABC for such an event booking.  Even though no event booking took place but they're already calling TABC sounding half-guilty with Kyle poking his head around.  And then rumors of being a money laundering front for drugs and some questionable NIL "all-you-can-drink" arrangements for 18-20yo aggie student-athletes.  Yeah, I kinda started some shit that isn't really true because I don't like Aggies or Johnny or Kyle who still wants to  go  to A& M one day for some reason.  And sometimes I just like fucking with them because it's so easy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

A&M faces accusations of sex discrimination, retaliation at Qatar campus

Dr. Sheela Athreya files a lawsuit against Texas A&M University, alleging a hostile climate for women faculty at its campus in Qatar. 
Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of...
Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of Arts and Sciences, has taken legal action against Texas A&M University, alleging sex discrimination and retaliation at the university’s Qatar campus.(Texas A&M photo)
Published: Aug. 1, 2023 at 9:43 PM CDT|Updated: 13 hours ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of Arts and Sciences, has taken legal action against Texas A&M University, alleging sex discrimination and retaliation at the university’s Qatar campus.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas on July 6, 2023, highlights a series of alleged incidents involving the campus’s treatment of women faculty.

According to the complaint filed in the Southern District of Texas – Houston Division, Dr. Athreya, was actively recruited by the Liberal Arts Program Chair at the Qatar campus. The Program Chair wanted her to teach a core curriculum course there, a required course for graduation, and wanted the campus to have more women faculty. At the time her contract began, Dr. Athreya alleges she was “the only woman serving at TAMUQ from the main campus, the only woman with tenure, only one of two women in research-engaged positions promoted past assistant professor and one of only four women in a research engaged position at any rank.

Her attorneys at Wiley Walsh, Wiley Wheeler, and Rob Wiley, P.C. says eight days after Dr. Athreya arrived in Doha with her family, the Dean told the Liberal Arts Program Chair that her contract would not be renewed though he had never met Dr. Athreya.

“The reasons for the non-renewal, based on the pleadings, were so unsatisfactory that the Program Chair filed a complaint of sex discrimination against the Dean,” said attorneys in a news release shared on Monday.

This is not the first time there have been complaints of sexism at the TAMUQ campus and against its Dean per the filing. Based on one witness statement quoted in the complaint, the Dean “makes women feel uncomfortable and unsupported. Eleven or twelve female faculty have left since his arrival and five or six specifically due to Dean Malavé's treatment.”

Dr. Athreya states that she is filing this lawsuit “to hold accountable the individuals who create a hostile climate for women, as well as those who shield them; because accountability is essential for change.”

Texas A&M University did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

Dr. Athreya’s lawsuit was filed the week prior to Dr. Kathleen McElroy’s employment fallout inside the journalism program at Texas A&M University’s flagship campus in College Station.

On Sunday, the Board of Regents authorized negotiations for a potential settlement of claims by McElroy, and directed a quick and thorough investigation, with the intention of releasing the findings to the public

….And the hits keep on coming for aggy….

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, it's a real thing.  And yeah, like I ruined Kyle's pro-2A appearance at that other bar near there a few months ago...I already contacted TABC and tipped them off that they're going to sell tickets to meet 'n greet with a 20yo this fall which you can do for non-political charities at Johnny's bar.  But I embellished and warned the people on the TABC on-premise application that they're already in trouble with TABC for such an event booking.  Even though no event booking took place but they're already calling TABC sounding half-guilty with Kyle poking his head around.  And then rumors of being a money laundering front for drugs and some questionable NIL "all-you-can-drink" arrangements for 18-20yo aggie student-athletes.  Yeah, I kinda started some shit that isn't really true because I don't like Aggies or Johnny or Kyle who still wants to  go  to A& M one day for some reason.  And sometimes I just like fucking with them because it's so easy.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470huit2va3z9gl41ky3

9 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

A&M faces accusations of sex discrimination, retaliation at Qatar campus

Dr. Sheela Athreya files a lawsuit against Texas A&M University, alleging a hostile climate for women faculty at its campus in Qatar. 
Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of...
Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of Arts and Sciences, has taken legal action against Texas A&M University, alleging sex discrimination and retaliation at the university’s Qatar campus.(Texas A&M photo)
Published: Aug. 1, 2023 at 9:43 PM CDT|Updated: 13 hours ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Dr. Sheela Athreya, a professor in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M’s College of Arts and Sciences, has taken legal action against Texas A&M University, alleging sex discrimination and retaliation at the university’s Qatar campus.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas on July 6, 2023, highlights a series of alleged incidents involving the campus’s treatment of women faculty.

According to the complaint filed in the Southern District of Texas – Houston Division, Dr. Athreya, was actively recruited by the Liberal Arts Program Chair at the Qatar campus. The Program Chair wanted her to teach a core curriculum course there, a required course for graduation, and wanted the campus to have more women faculty. At the time her contract began, Dr. Athreya alleges she was “the only woman serving at TAMUQ from the main campus, the only woman with tenure, only one of two women in research-engaged positions promoted past assistant professor and one of only four women in a research engaged position at any rank.

Her attorneys at Wiley Walsh, Wiley Wheeler, and Rob Wiley, P.C. says eight days after Dr. Athreya arrived in Doha with her family, the Dean told the Liberal Arts Program Chair that her contract would not be renewed though he had never met Dr. Athreya.

“The reasons for the non-renewal, based on the pleadings, were so unsatisfactory that the Program Chair filed a complaint of sex discrimination against the Dean,” said attorneys in a news release shared on Monday.

This is not the first time there have been complaints of sexism at the TAMUQ campus and against its Dean per the filing. Based on one witness statement quoted in the complaint, the Dean “makes women feel uncomfortable and unsupported. Eleven or twelve female faculty have left since his arrival and five or six specifically due to Dean Malavé's treatment.”

Dr. Athreya states that she is filing this lawsuit “to hold accountable the individuals who create a hostile climate for women, as well as those who shield them; because accountability is essential for change.”

Texas A&M University did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

Dr. Athreya’s lawsuit was filed the week prior to Dr. Kathleen McElroy’s employment fallout inside the journalism program at Texas A&M University’s flagship campus in College Station.

On Sunday, the Board of Regents authorized negotiations for a potential settlement of claims by McElroy, and directed a quick and thorough investigation, with the intention of releasing the findings to the public

….And the hits keep on coming for aggy….

Not defending aggy by any means because FUCK aggy, but in Qatar I'd be more surprised if this DIDN'T happen.  Sadly.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-am-diversity-settlement-kathleen-mcelroy-9408f1196417e4cc554ffc74a19956e2

AP) — Texas A&M University reached a $1 million settlement Thursday with a Black journalism professor whose hiring was sabotaged by backlash over her past work promoting diversity.

The nation’s largest public school agreed to pay Kathleen McElroy and apologized to her while admitting “mistakes were made during the hiring process.”

Texas A&M, which is located in College Station, about 90 miles (144 kilometers) northwest of Houston, initially welcomed McElroy with great fanfare to revive its journalism department in June. A former New York Times editor and Texas A&M alum, McElroy had overseen the journalism school at A&M’s rival — the more liberal University of Texas at Austin.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bmbmd said:

The nation’s largest public school agreed to pay Kathleen McElroy and apologized to her while admitting “mistakes were made during the hiring process.”

In other words, “we never should have made an offer to an African American journalist.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bmbmd said:

https://apnews.com/article/texas-am-diversity-settlement-kathleen-mcelroy-9408f1196417e4cc554ffc74a19956e2

AP) — Texas A&M University reached a $1 million settlement Thursday with a Black journalism professor whose hiring was sabotaged by backlash over her past work promoting diversity.

Texas A&M, which is located in College Station, about 90 miles (144 kilometers) northwest of Houston, initially welcomed McElroy with great fanfare to revive its journalism department in June. A former New York Times editor and Texas A&M alum, McElroy had overseen the journalism school at A&M’s rival — the more liberal University of Texas at Austin.