Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

We were in Houston yesterday for a memorial service. Aggy BIL was in charge of the event and had way too much on his plate for us to even consider our normal good natured ribbing. We were there to support & help the family in any way we could. The service went better than he could have hoped for: short, sweet and drama free. Afterwards the family gathered to unwind w/ some food, beverages and football on TV. I told the BIL that he could give me as much shit as he wanted about Texas and I wouldn't anything more than smile and nod in agreement. To his credit, he barely said a word. Probably because he was operating on minimal sleep and oh yeah, Miami was donkey punching aggy at the time. The same couldn't be said about an aggy friend of his who was an insufferable prick and was trying to get under my skin the whole time. We left just before the Texas game started (listened to the first 3 quarters on SXM, was able to catch most of the 4th in glorious 4K at home). The aggy prick went off with "oh, run back to Austin with all the other liberal f---, Alabama's going to push your shit in," yada yada yada. The BIL told him to stand down. I wonder how that dude's feeling this morning?

You did it wrong. You tell your BIL “sorry for your loss,” and then you put your dick in his ear.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Watched jimbos post game presser and a reporter mentioned Miami had 140-something yards after the catch.

Jimbo responded with the usual coach speak…tackling better, leverage points, cover better, wrapping up. All the same shit we heard when Texas had the same problem. Looking back, there was never an easy in season fix, and the issues were more talent, scheme, coaching and culture, all things that required multiple seasons and coaching changes to address.  Fucking glorious to see Aggie having the same issues.  

Edited by destroya
  • Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

So what's their shortlist for their new head coach?  Traylor, Elko, Smith, DeBoer, Campbell, Sanders, but ultimately settle for McGuire?

Sanders? As in Deion Sanders? I don't see old army ever going for that . 

I'd say Traylor because he would be able to pander to that fanbase very effectively and come relatively cheap compared to the 9 figure disaster they're currently smack dab in the middle of. 

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

We need texags screenshots!

Jimbo's post game loosing pressers are all the same.  He filibusters by recounting various play sequences that didn't go aggies way.

The rambling, boomhauer-esque stream of consciousness post mortem that he begins every press conference with is my favorite part. lulz at giving that choad a $100M contract. hes a fucking moron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

IMG_1987.thumb.jpeg.185947a05755cb4fe6ec680a312bb8ad.jpeg

Holy shit… Is this real?

Fisher’s representatives were likely saying amongst themselves whether they (aggy) knew what they were doing because agreeing to these terms seemed incompetent.  This kind of aggy management wouldn’t  bode well for Fisher to do this job.  Ah, fuck it, our client and we will be rich (followed by much laughter).

This reminds me of my thinking of when aggy fucks up in business . . . Stick to farming.

18 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

What exactly is the "everything" he's referring to here?

All of it. Literally every aspect of the undeniable dominance that defines the SEC era Aggie dynasty. The 8- or 9-win seasons. The occasional shocking upset of a legitimate contender. The Gator Bowl appearances. 

Outside of the 4 to 7 games they lose each year, the Aggies have been invincible. Now with all of the unparalleled excellence they’ve built crashing down around them, the Aggies face the novel prospect of mediocrity.

Goodbye to fourth place SEC West finishes that the college football world had come to view as inevitable, as if an Aggie birthright. Hello to fifth place—or maybe fourth place, at best.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Sanders? As in Deion Sanders? I don't see old army ever going for that . 
I'd say Traylor because he would be able to pander to that fanbase very effectively and come relatively cheap compared to the 9 figure disaster they're currently smack dab in the middle of. 

Why would any coach (any decent coach) come cheap for them at this point? They’ve already shown they’ll pay out the nose for mediocre.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You know what the move to the SEC has done? For a long time, we all knew about the "weird" of A&M. Going to the SEC brought it national. It's now talked about throughout college football. Hell, the ad they did had to address it.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You know what the move to the SEC has done? For a long time, we all knew about the "weird" of A&M. Going to the SEC brought it national. It's now talked about throughout college football. Hell, the ad they did had to address it.

Holy fucking shit.  I saw posts about this but missed the actual ad.  Bad idea jeans.

Let's play a game where you take a shot for every minority featured in the ad.  Sad, lonely shot.  Just amazing.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

image.gif.bf03c5b2b11668d021c6faa95dc2203f.gif

Edited by South Austin
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, rungeflash said:

How many years have they been sec now? Have those fucks played Georgia yet?! 

They played Georgia in 2019. Don't see them on the schedule for this season or next. This is why mega conferences just suck.

25 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Fisher’s representatives were likely saying amongst themselves whether they (aggy) knew what they were doing because agreeing to these terms seemed incompetent.  This kind of aggy management wouldn’t  bode well for Fisher to do this job.  Ah, fuck it, our client and we will be rich (followed by much laughter).

This reminds me of my thinking of when aggy fucks up in business . . . Stick to farming.

his reps aren’t saying shit because they’re too busying laughing and sipping champagne, getting blown by hotties 

who the fuck gives a contract like that to a person not named nick saban 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

When things get tough, we stick around.

Appalachian State says “Howdy”!

F9FAA795-30F9-4771-AAD5-2666D7AB1049.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I know when patently weird people approach me with the line “We’re not weird”, I immediately take them at their word. 

These folks took PR lessons from the FLDS. 

• Haha 1

Somebody tell Aggie you actually have to be capable of critical thought and robust literacy to be a part of the Big 10.  Their weakest academic links are beyond most of the SEC's level of expectations.  Plus it's about as an elegant a cultural fit as a Qatari Wine Tasting.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, destroya said:

Watched jimbos post game presser and a reporter mentioned Miami had 140-something yards after the catch.

Jimbo responded with the usual coach speak…tackling better, leverage points, cover better, wrapping up. All the same shit we heard when Texas had the same problem. Looking back, there was never an easy in season fix, and the issues were more talent, scheme, coaching and culture, all things that required multiple seasons and coaching changes to address.  Fucking glorious to see Aggie having the same issues.  

Im waiting to hear a reporter ask Jimbo if he’s willing to walk away from A&M if they continue to fail. Or if they fail might be a more diplomatic question.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

This is a horrific student recruiting video.  aTm was one of many colleges we visited for my youngest last year.  I was pleasently surprised that NONE of the tour, videos, etc. were anything like this.  It would have turned off nearly 100% of the crowd.  The primary tour guides (aTm students) gave a single uninspired "whoop" during the tour as we stopped near Kyle Field.  Our engineering dept tour guide was one of the heads of admissions - and an Aggie alumnus.  He focused on the department, research, faculty, and facilities.  None of the foolishness I feared.

As an entity, though, they just cannot seem to modernize.  And maybe they do not feel the need.  They have record enrollment, which is good for business.  The penchant of their leadership to collossally screw up the management and handing of female and minority administrative and faculty talent should eventually lead to a major modernization.  Well, that's what I keep saying to myself...  And hoping for, as a Texas resident and taxpayer.

Edited by boilerhorn