• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

People who don't understand this, really just have no clue how the bowl games were viewed, at the time.  Notre Dame didn't attend bowl games from 1925 through 1968.  The Big Ten limited its conference allotment to only one single bowl team per season, until 1975.

You really can't look at college football 50+ years ago through a 2023 lens.  It's silly.

On the other hand, claiming a national championship for a year when nobody recognized you at the time, is just plain stupid.  Who on earth would do such a thing?

A fanbase desperate to look relevant and important.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Gomers versus Vols. I am sure there will be more overalls there than have ever been in one place ever. Hoping Smokey gets a chance to bang Rev while we at it. Last thought will the Tennessee outhouses have glory holes for the visiting gomers?

Yes, but they’re horizontal instead of vertical.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Speaking of that second best day, never forget this piece of gold in all its truly pathetic glory:

2a25769785a0447710ddccff541e4ac9.jpg

Please tell me these are just SECRant people going over there to just troll. Because if not, wow lmao

That's from the aggy 247 board.

On 9/10/2023 at 5:46 PM, Sir Ulrich said:

The historic 2022 A&M recruiting class has already set the record for most losses in year 1 and is currently pacing for the worst 4 year record for a #1 class. The 2010 Florida team went 8-5 in year 1 and 30-21 over 4 years. 

The average record of #1 classes is 47-7 and with a current record of 6-8 the 2022 aggie recruiting class has already achieved below average results. The commitment from Texas A&M to mediocrity is unmatched. 

Updating this to reflect the last 2 losses. The 2022 recruiting class is currently 9-10 and is one loss away from tying Florida with 11 losses through two years, the most by a #1 overall class. To match the gators win total of 15 through two years they'd have to win out including a bowl game. Not looking great. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Updating this to reflect the last 2 losses. The 2022 recruiting class is currently 9-10 and is one loss away from tying Florida with 11 losses through two years, the most by a #1 overall class. To match the gators win total of 15 through two years they'd have to win out including a bowl game. Not looking great. 
Was that 2022 class the one aggy hitched itself to as being one of the best ever and the one that will win them a national championship? Lulz if so. I don't see a lot of offensive talent at all from the games I've seen. Especially at QB. You aren't going to win much in today's football without a really good QB.

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Big enough to say "Fuck you" to the Cockrells. 

I might be confused with what you are trying to say, but it is still the Cockrell school of engineering.  They just changed the name of the Civil engineering department.

5 minutes ago, Yesh said:

I might be confused with what you are trying to say, but it is still the Cockrell school of engineering.  They just changed the name of the Civil engineering department.

This is correct

if one looks at the Cockrell School website there are many names departments in the school

https://cockrell.utexas.edu/academics/departments

Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, and now Civil Architectural Environmental are all named while Aerospace and Biomedical are waiting on one of you fucks to make some money and donate it

I am not sure why Cockrell is still a school and not a college at this point, but who knows

21 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The combination of “the players should be forced to join the corps” and “does the dog like Jimbo” may be the best 1-2 punch I have ever taken.  

The "Does the dog like Jimbo" post was from the day he arrived at the airport and they rolled out the maroon carpet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1