• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I can’t imagine Urban there. I guess I could be wrong. They have to make a splash though.  The only ones other than Urban that make sense are Kliff, Kiffy-kins and Deion.  I presume Deion will do one more year at CU until Shedeur leaves then hop somewhere better. 

Maybe

We thought the same damn thing after firing Herman though

6 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

kliff would make me laugh, maybe he's learned something but he's sucked everywhere he's went . he was fucking fired from tech , but hey he's available ! 

traylor would be solid , as would klieman, but neither move the flex needle 

then you have playoff contenders who aren't going to make any sudden moves 

kiffin, pretty sure he likes women too much to go to a&m 

and elko, who may be wise enough not to go back to a&m 

how about 1 used tom herman ? 

could be a long coaching carosuel 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

Imagine spending 76M to fire a coach instead of spending it on NIL for the program. Hahahahahahahahahahaha this is the end of Texas a&m football 

It seems like they're planning on the school paying the buyout so the bmd's aren't tapped out over NIL

1 minute ago, Fud said:

It seems like they're planning on the school paying the buyout so the bmd's aren't tapped out over NIL

Isn't "school paying the buyout" the same as "taxpayers of the state of Texas paying the buyout?"  

The "school" and the "athletics department" are hypothetically independent entities. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Oooh. Kliff was not a name that even remotely crossed my mind. As majorly bummed as I am about losing Jimbo in CS, hiring KK would be a pretty good bounce back. Any rational  person will quickly discount that possibility thinking no athletic department could be that fucking dumb. But the ability to reach new depths in stupidity is what sets  aggy apart. Come on Russ, you got this. 

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2 | Page 1789 | QuadraphonicQuad  Home Audio Forum

Kingsbury or Kubiak? Decisions, decisions...

• Haha 1

With all the names already thrown out you have to understand aggy psychology to know who it will actually be.

They're eternally insecure and desperate for recognition and acceptance, be it fraudulent wall plaques or fake championship plaques.

It will definitely be another splash hire. It has to be a big name so they can puff up their chests and assert, yet again, that they will finally be reaching the college football mountaintop.

Media is overlooking a proven big name winner who will likely be available soon and ready for a new challenge.

Bill Belichick Tea GIF by NBC Sports Boston

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If he really gets $76,000,000 to leave there have to be some people in administration who lose their jobs as well. People who sign off on these contracts have to have some ownership of them as well.

Did anyone take ownership of killing 12 students?  
No one will take ownership of this either. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

56 minutes ago, Fud said:

You don't pay 3.5xs the highest buyout ever to hire UTSA's coach

I hear your point, but you should go back and revisit Jimbo's contract through the lens of things rational people don't do.

aggy not only does them, they take pride in them like they've figured out some super secret path to guaranteed success that no one else thought of.

It would be shocking if they did all of this to hire Traylor, but the fact that it would be so shocking almost makes it more likely.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Keef said:

They better have a plan because their recruiting class and roster is about to get picked over.

The recruits weren’t signing up for Jimbo. If anything, they’ll likely hold on to most that would’ve been transferring out this offseason. 

Edited by EZ$
  • Like 1