• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If he really gets $76,000,000 to leave there have to be some people in administration who lose their jobs as well. People who sign off on these contracts have to have some ownership of them as well.

It was cricket season. So, as Sharp tells the story, he grabbed two handfuls of the insects off the ground and stuffed them in his mouth.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/10/02/john-sharp-tamu-chancellor/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Ran into an assistant coaches wife in Denver Airport. Guy currently works for Colorado but was at A&M for a couple years and even at Texas before that. If you can figure out who that is, Kudos.

Anyways, she said Aggies already have Dan Lanning in the bag.

Tim Brewster thinks the station is lit!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It doesn't really matter. They could harness all of their formidable scientific expertise responsible for such hits as maroon carrots and cold fusion and instead focus it on creating a Belichik-Saban love child. They could then develop a time machine to go into the future and bring the grown up version of that coaching wunderkind back to the present to lead the Texum bulldogs. And they would still go 8-4. No matter how much money they spend, they cant stop being aggy. 

The best thing to come out of that movie, no pun intended, was the gal who made the X-rated version of Alice in Wonderland.

• Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Ran into an assistant coaches wife in Denver Airport. Guy currently works for Colorado but was at A&M for a couple years and even at Texas before that. If you can figure out who that is, Kudos.

oh-sure-john-candy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

sign language bullshit GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There are incredibly precise limitations on how AUF money is spent.  In the end it still comes from UTIMCO's portfolio via the PUF.  Overall, A&M's athletics dept. is largely independent from the Campus' AUF expenditures, but there's simply no way A&M-College Station or its separate account for Aggie Athletics Dept. has this kind of money ready to cut.  Again, contract attorneys above have detailed knowledge about how this actually gets paid out.  I presume in mid-November, there'd at least be some elementary consideration given by Jimbo to taking part of it now and part of it in 2024.  Even annuity-basis, the money still has to come out and be earmarked.  This is accounting shitshow and UTIMCO ultimately has to figure out where to draw it from.  They obviously keep hundreds of millions in cash equivalents but it's for rotational purposes as investments are liquidated/deployed...it's not for a fucking one-off check the week of Thanksgiving.  Obviously this won't cripple an endowment the size of UTIMCO but for the next few quarters, this is a serious fucking problem for A&M's AUF account.  No current student or staffer will feel anything, but down the road---somebody's gonna feel a squeeze and not just the Corps.  

@PilotsError negged me though for bringing this up.  He must hold stock in A&M or something.  As much as I love to make fun of Aggies, the financial logistics behind this are not only an issue, but they set a fucked up precedent for stupid people playing with fire/firing.  You wanna do a private donor raise to buy out a shitty coach?  Fine.  I'd rather you donate it to academics, but it's your money-your call.  But this kinda cash has to come out of somewhere else, even if it's off-set by a decade of pledges by donors, in the here and now.  Plus, even if A&M tries to pretend that it'll all be paid back eventually by donors & sponsors & TV money, a few years from now when they are fatigued by their next hire...plenty of Aggies (at least the half-smart ones) will just re-neg on their capital calls and keep their money and say, "Meh, UTIMCO has more money than me...call them this time."  A&M purports to lead on and off the field, and as per usual, they're leading an awful lotta Texans into a seriously stupid financial cave.  What else should we expect from these morons?  

No worries, this time tomorrow, they'll put some shiny bullshit spin on it that is meant to assure Aggie Nation & the State of Texas that no public funds will be used.  And that in fact, the people of Texas will actually be making money on this buyout.  And a large portion will believe them because expensive stupidity is practically free.  

Governor should call a new special session just to piss off the lege and embarrass Aggy. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

gonna need at least a name, preferably a link.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0213374/bio/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Kristine DeBell

She later moved into acting and is known for starring in an X-rated film version of Alice in Wonderland . She was on the April 1976 cover of Playboy, photographed by Suze Randall, and appeared in the Helmut Newton pictorial, "200 Motels, or How I Spent My Summer Vacation"( August, 1976), from which 11 original prints were sold at auctions of Playboy archives by Butterfields in 2002 for $21,075 and three by Christies in December 2003 for $26,290.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, ChickenNuggets said:

Governor should call a new special session just to piss off the lege and embarrass Aggy. 

We laugh but that's about where we are as a state.  

"We're gonna build A&M a Wall to hang all their championship banners on!  And we're gonna get teachers to pay for it!"  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

It was cricket season. So, as Sharp tells the story, he grabbed two handfuls of the insects off the ground and stuffed them in his mouth.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/10/02/john-sharp-tamu-chancellor/

Most aggy shit ever.

"Rick Perry flipped off a gang of Bandidos (Narrator: he did not) and they parked and started walking toward us so we were probably going to die (Narrator: that didn't happen either), and so I picked up a handful of crickets and ate them to save all our lives (Narrator: Oh for fuck's sake...)".

• Haha 4

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

Most aggy shit ever.

"Rick Perry flipped off a gang of Bandidos (Narrator: he did not) and they parked and started walking toward us so we were probably going to die (Narrator: that didn't happen either), and so I picked up a handful of crickets and ate them to save all our lives (Narrator: Oh for fuck's sake...)".

was that before or after the governor shot that coyote while jogging?

21 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Landing is an NFL guy. aggy isn’t a job you’d take as a stepping stone to the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Of course this asshole would say this. 

"The Source" my ass. He got scooped by the national media for the school they're literally across the street from. 

Billy sat on it while continuing to allow his organization to pump sunshine. Any reasonable fan would stop giving him money after pulling shit like that, but A&M isn't known for its reasonable fans and Billy has made a very comfortable living because of it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they sold bonds for every dime of that spend

the only question is the source of the funds transferred to the bank account(s) used for the payments on those bonds

DOn't ever try to explain TRB's to Aggies.  Yes, eventually your stadium will have large crowds with big billboards and lotsa people buying expensive F&B in suites and bleachers alike.  And that money can pay back the bonds.  But long before that, as design and construction take place over many years...you'll need to pay debt service on the encumbered amounts (not all of it obviously, but a significant portion).  And guess where that non-operational money comes from?  

As fun as all this is to scoff at, next week they're going to actually try and legitimately explain this away financially.  Which will be entertaining as fuck, but also kinda sad because it's just a massive reflection of how fucking stupid the people of this state can be at times.  

Think of how many Sheep STD research funds will be frozen at their Vet School for the next couple years while they sort out their AUF budget.  I''m quite sure some dipshit legislators who are Aggies (I know that barely narrows it down) will propose in this special session that the rainy day fund cover part of the research/tuition assistance funds while A&M uses those monies to fill the gap on Jimbo's buyout.  They won't propose paying for directly but they'll want to cover the shortfall.  

What was with the timing? You fire him after a 51-10 win? Wtf? Are they trying to fuck with players' 30-day transfer window?

I think they wanted to make it official before the unlikely scenario of an LSU upset, which would have been even more awkward. If you know you want to fire the guy, get it over with.

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

What was with the timing? You fire him after a 51-10 win? Wtf? Are they trying to fuck with players' 30-day transfer window?

Just now, EuroHorn said:

Apparently it was decided at a board of regents meeting some time earlier in the week 

They blindly stumbled onto the smartest move they could make, here. If you want to fire him, make the decision before he can go 7-5 and make the majority of the fan base wanting to give him one more year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok, where is the idea coming from that this buyout is going to come directly or indirectly from the AUF?  There are strict requirements on uses, or maybe I'm confusing UT's requirements and oversight for PUF/AUF funds and projecting that on A&M's governance.  So maybe I just answered my own question.  Money is fungible and and people can rationalize all kinds of crazy things, but holy shit I can't imagine even A&M doing this. 

image.thumb.png.0d9b6d6c647fad15a3b153b57e6bb1fa.png

• Rage+1 1