Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

8 hours ago, utexas8 said:

List of coaches who will be getting raises, other than kk.

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

Any ACC head coach is fair game since they can't afford to keep up the arms race. aggy would be wise to take a swing at Dabo. He's about as aggy as you can find in a head coach. 

Dabo is the guy I see them going for.  Sitting NC coach, fake religious, coming off a surprising bad year.  

7 hours ago, NAVY said:

Aggy will go after briles 

Only place tone deaf enough to do it.  

I see their real list being Briles, KK and Dabo.  They have to have a candidate in mind and each of these would appeal to different fragile parts of the Aggy ego. 

I'll miss Jimbo with his hillbilly room temperature IQ and his ability to grift.  He's a true American and Aggy hero.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Vermin said:

aggy AD throws aggy under the bus, "It's was an institutional decision but I take full responsibility" for Jimbo raise and extension.

Taking full responsibility would be paying it and resigning.  But he won't so it's not full responsibility.  It's pretend responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

aggy AD throws aggy under the bus, "It's was an institutional decision but I take full responsibility" for Jimbo raise and extension.

Remember the bonfire report that blamed culture and the institution for those deaths? Yeah they didn’t learn. Baylor has rape culture and A&M has moronic group think idiocy culture. But I tell you, I’d hullabaloo in all yo faces for a buyout like that. Fuck yeah I’d fake aggy for that kinda scratch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

i don't even understand how this is a possibility 🤔 Oregon has a successful, winning culture, beautiful campus, rich af, nice climate, is progressive-minded, and some day they will have actual feathers on their uniforms! 

how tf aggy gonna compete with that? 🤨

And this:

2a37c-16979904781900-1920.jpg

vs this:

texas-am-head-yell-leader-tradition-orig

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Remember the bonfire report that blamed culture and the institution for those deaths? Yeah they didn’t learn. Baylor has rape culture and A&M has moronic group think idiocy culture. But I tell you, I’d hullabaloo in all yo faces for a buyout like that. Fuck yeah I’d fake aggy for that kinda scratch.

Told my wife this morning that I would walk out of our house with nothing more than the t-shirt and boxers I had on, leaving everything I own behind, to immediately take a guaranteed contract for half the money paid to Jimbo. No questions asked. Doesn’t even matter what job it is. Football coach. Baseball coach. CEO of Amalgamated Fasteners. Don’t make a shit. Fuck you, pay me.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Told my wife this morning that I would walk out of our house with nothing more than the t-shirt and boxers I had on, leaving everything I own behind, to immediately take a guaranteed contract for half the money paid to Jimbo. 

And you'd pretty much be dressed like Jimbo was at his recruiting visits.

• Haha 4

Bjork is a clown. He was the AD at Ole Miss for Hugh Freeze. He also pulled that stunt leaking the TX/OU SEC news at SEC Media Day. 

Compare him to Castiglione at OU. Bitter rival of ours, but NOTHING but respect for him as an AD. He’s sharp as hell, a strategic thinker, and long ago realized that a program has to work WITH its rivals for its future, because what you’re selling is games, rivalry, and competition…and you need other people and teams for all of that.
I mean, OU sucks…but I’d love to have a drink with Castiglione and learn some chess moves. He’s great at his job.
Aggy? They have the perfect AD for them.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I guess they can always come up with the money, but having to pay Fisher for the next eight years means they better get it right with the next guy. Because if they fire the next guy after 4 years, and will likely have to buy the next guy out, they’ll be paying three head coaches at once for a year or four.

didn't that happen during the first year of the rumlin hire?

• Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/20/sports/texas-a-m-signs-sherrill-to-richest-college-pact.html

This got me to thinking about when A&M signed Jackie Sherrill from Pitt.

Jackie Sherrill, head football coach at the University of Pittsburgh since 1977, yesterday was named coach and athletic director at Texas A & M and signed a six-year contract whose worth was put by knowledgeable sources at the College Station, Tex., campus at $1.7 million.

The contract apparently makes the 38-year-old Sherrill the highestpaid university employee in the nation. Though declining to comment on the total value of the pact, Sherrill confirmed in a farewell news conference at Pitt that it was for six years and said that his base salary would be $95,000 a year. But the addition of benefits - including a home, new cars, insurance policies and money-fund investments - brings the entire package, the sources in Texas said, to an average of more than $280,000.

According to the best estimates of several officials with a broad knowledge of higher-education matters, no other person has ever received so much in pay from an American university.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4