• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The buffet thing happened to me and my friends at Shanghai River on Anderson Lane in 1994. We would go every Sunday and stay for like 3 hours.
Finally the lady kicked us out and yelled at us for eating too much. "This is why you are fat! Too much eating!"

I went there with a few offensive lineman in 1996 when I moved to Austin.  We got roughly the same treatment.  I thought my two plates was impressive, these guys did about 4-5 each.  She was not amused.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

One of the most embarrassing things I ever witnessed was about a decade ago when a former astronaut who flew on 2 shuttle missions gave a presentation at my company promoting STEM. She obtained one of her degrees from Texas, and as she gave her presentation she showed a photo she'd taken of the sun rising over the earth & how the beautiful, burnt orange sun reminded her of home (or words to that effect). Two or 3 aggies in the audience hissed at her remark. Fucking hissed, like petulant little children. One started and the others joined in. Who would act like that in a professional setting when hearing a story from an actual astronaut?

Answer: aggy

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, F250 said:

lol half of these dork's wins are over New Mexico, Louisiana Monroe, Abilene Christian. The other teams all have losing records.

We would be undefeated and #1 in the SEC West with their cupcake schedule.

they had 7 wins.

• New Mexico (4-8)
  • UL Monroe (2-10)
  • Auburn (6-6)
  • Arkansas (4-8)
  • South Carolina (5-7)
  • Miss St (5-7)
  • Abilene Christian (5-7)

None had a winning record. 1 eeked into a bowl birth. And the SEC teams they did beat got most their wins from non-conf cream puffs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Look at how that sports coat “fits” him. That sad. When someone said he was 47-years old I was gobsmacked.

Why do these coaches let themselves get so fat? They don’t have access to the workout facilities?

chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

Jesus. I'm 58 and I look 20 years younger than that fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:

We? Ain't nobody but aggy proud of that shit. Every country has their little band of loonies, but ours seems to have stumbled upon some money and a national platform to display their lunacy.

Yes, and I'm so thankful for social media. Now the rest of the world is finally catching on to what we've known about the aggy delusion cult for a century.

Edited by wood

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

F_-DIW_WUAAiH8L?format=jpg&name=medium

Holy fuck, how does this genius manage to tie his shoelaces every day?

He does realize his team went 7-5 in a season where all seven wins came against teams with losing records, right?

Plus, if this scholar had managed to actually watch any of Texas's games, he would know that it is our DEFENSIVE line that is overpowering opposing teams, not our offensive line...though our offensive line is improved over past seasons.

Somebody get this guy's address, I want Amazon to send him a few more bottles of paste he can eat.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Same thing with the almighty aggy ring. Those idiots wear it as a badge of honor. Having worked with or in Fortune 100 companies for most of my  career, with people from all over the world, I can definitively say that any college ring is ridiculous. No one cares, and it is a sign of a small, provincial mindset. 

aggy thinks wearing their ring is an entry pass into an exclusive club guaranteeing continued employment, advancement, and perks. It’s not. It’s career-limiting. 

That’s fine if your ambition is to be the top insurance salesman in Katy. But if your ambitions are bigger than that, then take off the stupid ring and drop the whoops, sips, tu, and hissing. 

That's a good way to put it.  Rivalries and annoyances aside, they do seem to view their "Achievements" and "Aggie Culture/Community" as some massive leg up on the rest of society.  It can absolutely, positively open lots and lots of doors within certain industries in many pockets of Texas.  But outside of those, it's an inhibitor as opposed to an enabler.  Undergrad is supposed to expand your worldview, not narrow it.  They see this as a feature, not a bug.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But try telling that to a fucking Aggie.  these fucking morons can be in midtown Manhattan at GE Headquarters or on Wall Street or on Sand Hill Road and will open with, "As an Ag...my view of the markets is..."  Nobody talks like that, even cross-fitter vegans from Yale wait 60 seconds into the conversation before throwing that shit out there.  Read a fucking room.  

I once listened to a handful of guys who had gone to A&M for a year or two (but none graduated there) having a discussion over whether the aggie ring or West Point ring was the most identifiable to the rest of the world. Fucking tards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Look at how that sports coat “fits” him. That sad. When someone said he was 47-years old I was gobsmacked.

Why do these coaches let themselves get so fat? They don’t have access to the workout facilities?

chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

They should have an eating contest between Elko and Josh Huepel.  Mangino gets to eat the winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Same thing with the almighty aggy ring. Those idiots wear it as a badge of honor. Having worked with or in Fortune 100 companies for most of my  career, with people from all over the world, I can definitively say that any college ring is ridiculous. No one cares, and it is a sign of a small, provincial mindset. 

aggy thinks wearing their ring is an entry pass into an exclusive club guaranteeing continued employment, advancement, and perks. It’s not. It’s career-limiting. 

That’s fine if your ambition is to be the top insurance salesman in Katy. But if your ambitions are bigger than that, then take off the stupid ring and drop the whoops, sips, tu, and hissing. 

I wear my UT ring all the time.  I don't give a shit if it impresses anybody - I wear it for me.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

Whatever stoopid sip. Go back to tu. *hiss*....whoop!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

new sales guy right out of college in our office...was talking to him and he used the "tu".  I said you may want to break that ridiculous habit as you have no idea who you might be talking to.  the look on his face was priceless.

You should monitor Texags for the upcoming post about how he told off this t.u. bigwig at work. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Everyone needs to watch this 

Mike Leslie is a gigantic tool. (But he's not wrong.)

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The recent history of fatfuck college coaches is not great. Sam Pittman. Bret Bielema. That fat fuck that was at Kansas. They tend to have teams as undisciplined as their diets, and give their linemen days off when it’s hot, and let them skip leg days in the weight room.

That fat fuck at Kansas got the Jayhawks to 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl. He was a pretty good coach, unless you were the "towel boy."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I once listened to a handful of guys who had gone to A&M for a year or two (but none graduated there) having a discussion over whether the aggie ring or West Point ring was the most identifiable to the rest of the world. Fucking tards.

I think this is exactly why they have such high regard for the aggy ring. It's a pseudo-military college so it helps them complete the cosplay as a military man (or woman).

21 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I wear my UT ring all the time.  I don't give a shit if it impresses anybody - I wear it for me.

Wedding ring is the only ring I'll ever wear. Not a jewelry guy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think this is exactly why they have such high regard for the aggy ring. It's a pseudo-military college so it helps them complete the cosplay as a military man (or woman).

To them, it is just another thing that makes them "cool" and unique. The whole "from the outside you can't understand it" mentality. The rest of us laugh. It isn't cool and we don't envy it.

Honestly I appreciate the fact they all wear those rings. While Clem will usually let it be known where he went to school in the first few minutes of any conversation, scoping the ring out from a distance tells me all I need to know to avoid a conversation in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, orangebird said:

He does realize his team went 7-5 in a season where all seven wins came against teams with losing records, right?

Just like the covid season.  Beat all the teams with losing records, and the single team (alabama) with a winning record mudholed them.  

Also references SOS with the 3 star comment.  He is new to football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Elko is 46.

Sark is 49 for perspective.

Edited by yoladu
  • Haha 2

Holy fuck, how does this genius manage to tie his shoelaces every day?
Plus, if this scholar had managed to actually watch any of Texas's games, he would know that it is our DEFENSIVE line that is overpowering opposing teams, not our offensive line...though our offensive line is improved over past seasons.
Somebody get this guy's address, I want Amazon to send him a few more bottles of paste he can eat.

Dude, that was way back in the Jimbo Era. What’s that got to do with today?
  • Haha 3

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Dude, that was way back in the Jimbo Era. What’s that got to do with today?

You know, I should try that schtick with my boss sometime, just for shits and giggles.  I'll just make some shit up and start believing my own bullshit.

"I bring a five-star culture to this workplace and deliver unparalleled results.  Now pay me $75 million."

Anywhere outside of agroidville, that shit gets you laughed out of the building if not outright fired.

Reading about Elko (legit articles not hype on steroids) he truly is a mechanic type (made me think of the group Mike and the Mechanics) no frills guy. I say this to make the point that if he can’t get them there, no one can. In light of how this whole situation transpired with firing Jimbo and the “search” the type of HC that could possibly pull that off will not want that job no matter how much money is involved. I saw Leslie’s piece and loved it. We all understand. The lack of institutional control and the chaos and craziness that is aggy. He won’t be able to change the culture. He can, however, with legit success gain some more power over the crazy and try to harness it. But like I said, if this guy, who “gets them” and came back because of it…if he can’t get it done. No one can. My two cents. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Reading about Elko (legit articles not hype on steroids) he truly is a mechanic type (made me think of the group Mike and the Mechanics) no frills guy. I say this to make the point that if he can’t get them there, no one can. In light of how this whole situation transpired with firing Jimbo and the “search” the type of HC that could possibly pull that off will not want that job no matter how much money is involved. I saw Leslie’s piece and loved it. We all understand. The lack of institutional control and the chaos and craziness that is aggy. He won’t be able to change the culture. He can, however, with legit success gain some more power over the crazy and try to harness it. But like I said, if this guy, who “gets them” and came back because of it…if he can’t get it done. No one can. My two cents. 

TLDR:  All aggy needs is a miracle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is the athletics department going to saddle him with legacy coaches, or allow him to pick and choose his entire staff? If it's the former, then we already know everything we need to, regarding their potential for success.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

You do know nobody in Mike and the Mechanics was a mechanic?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3