• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Is “The Elk” a thing or is that just one guy’s attempt at creating a nickname for the coach?

They could have gone in so many directions here- Big Wapiti, Coach Cervus, El Koacho, but nope.  "The Elk" is the extent of aggy imagination.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TOR said:

They could have gone in so many directions here- Big Wapiti, Coach Cervus, El Koacho, but nope.  "The Elk" is the extent of aggy imagination.

I remember much discussion on Texags back in the day about what Reggie McNeal’s nickname should be. On a long-deleted thread over there, they had The Sheriff, The Real Deal, Loose Wheel, Banana Peel, and quite a few other suggestions. They finally settled on “Car Stereo Thief,” which doesn’t have a great ring to it but it was at least logical. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I remember much discussion on Texags back in the day about what Reggie McNeal’s nickname should be. On a long-deleted thread over there, they had The Sheriff, The Real Deal, Loose Wheel, Banana Peel, and quite a few other suggestions. They finally settled on “Car Stereo Thief,” which doesn’t have a great ring to it but it was at least logical. 

That thread must have been after beating Oklahoma in 2002, but before 77-0 in 2003. I need to read this thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Ah, I do remember fondly the days of McNeal > Young and Farmer > Benson

Never change aggy

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

My recollection is they nicknamed him...."Better than Vince Young". lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I guess it should be a given that at least once every 3-4 months that the fucking band nerds and another dumb fucking band discussion has to spring up on the aggie thread. We can’t let them dork out too far in front of us. Got to rein that shit in with some grade school band nostalgia and an argument about pace or whatever the fuck. Jesus. 

For $20 you could get a blow job.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I guess it should be a given that at least once every 3-4 months that the fucking band nerds and another dumb fucking band discussion has to spring up on the aggie thread. We can’t let them dork out too far in front of us. Got to rein that shit in with some grade school band nostalgia and an argument about pace or whatever the fuck. Jesus. 

We can talk about green beans instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had a busy day yesterday but it looks like it was relatively quiet on yesterday's as the gomer turns episode.  Still no DC announced wonder how long that will drag out...  Duke hiring _iaz brought the lulz but hey at least it will give the gomers a good solid talking point when he tanks and flames out in 3 seasons about how badass Elko was there.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

image.jpeg.4bfcf913517558bb78c68ac7f8b43c83.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TOR said:

drop the "The"

just "Elk"

it's perfect for the aggy fascination with plurale tantum infinitives, whereby a word can simultaneously function in every form and tense such that the word aggy is simultaneously a noun, pronoun, verb and adverb, singular and plural, past, present and future

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

drop the "The"

just "Elk"

it's perfect for the aggy fascination with plurale tantum infinitives, whereby a word can simultaneously function in every form and tense such that the word aggy is simultaneously a noun, pronoun, verb and adverb, singular and plural, past, present and future

you forgot adjective, preposition, subjunctive, gerund, noun-determiner, and dangling-modifier.  Lulz.

1 minute ago, orangebird said:

By the way, did you know his dad and Colt's dad were roommates at Abilene Christian?

(Got to break out all the greatest hits!)

You just know if they'd been Aggy Colt's and Ship's origin story would still to this day be the impetus for billion dollar expenditures on 100 ft statues and a whole new chapter of traditions and cult lore.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

You just know if they'd been Aggy Colt's and Ship's origin story would still to this day be the impetus for billion dollar expenditures on 100 ft statues and a whole new chapter of traditions and cult lore.

They would 100% bury Colt and Ship right in their pet semetery hoping to reanimate the glory days. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Khan also should have noted that RC cheated just like Jackie Sherrill. That also adds to their being unreasonable. Their only two coaches who have tasted success since 1939 were buying players.

And let's be honest, neither of those guys really achieved anything outside of dominating a dying, decrepit SWC. Jackie won two Cotton Bowls and RC was 0-4 all-time in the Cotton Bowl. RC's bowl record was 3-8.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

drop the "The"

just "Elk"

3 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

drop the "The"

just "Elk"

Nope.  aggy reserves this for only the most sacred of non-human events like  Bonfire, Pool, Yell, Jizz-Jar, etc....     People HAVE to have "The", The Marine, The Chief, The Elk.  Unless they go with the super creative, first initial-first syllable combo.   E-Rob, M-Sherm, C-Weg.   They MUST stick to their template.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Nope.  aggy reserves this for only the most sacred of non-human events like  Bonfire, Pool, Yell, Jizz-Jar, etc....     People HAVE to have "The", The Marine, The Chief, The Elk.  Unless they go with the super creative, first initial-first syllable combo.   E-Rob, M-Sherm, C-Weg.   They MUST stick to their template.  

There is also 'Old' status - Old Sarge, Old Army, Old Gloryhole.  Probably have to do something spectacular like beat 'bama and win 11 games though.

14 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Holy shit so true... 

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

drop the "The"

just "Elk"

Thanks for the suggestion, Mr. Parker.