Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 2/16/2024 at 8:47 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Speaking of aggy Galveston, here's a throwback from Mardi Gras 2014. It never gets old. I will always share this because it's too damn funny and is a perfect representation of aggy.

The fake Navy showed up late for the parade and still marched after it was over. Oh aggy, never stop being you! 

713efbe6c195937de9b2d38cb08eab6b--mardi-

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 hours ago, 83Horn said:

This reminds me, what ever happened to MrPhlegm?  Did I miss something?

People sure bitched about his crazy posting a lot and at some point, he may have gotten banned.

I’m concerned that he may have had a serious health issue…or worse. I appreciated that his crazy rambling was unique and had been a presence on Texas boards for a couple of decades. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

People sure bitched about his crazy posting a lot and at some point, he may have gotten banned.
I’m concerned that he may have had a serious health issue…or worse. I appreciated that his crazy rambling was unique and had been a presence on Texas boards for a couple of decades. 

It’d be fine if there was some originality but constantly spamming the board with the same dozen aggy gifs gets the banhammer. One of the few people I put on ignore.
  • Hook 'Em 2

The core issue is we get it aggy sucks but we dont need Tolstoy level verbosity in order to convey the point.

I will say that he would get a subset of the gomer population frothing at the mouth rabid mad more than made up for it though...

Edited by Pimphand

37 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The core issue is we get it aggy sucks but we dont need Tolstoy level verbosity in order to convey the point.

I will say that he would get a subset of the gomer population frothing at the mouth rabid mad more than made up for it though...

You’re thinking of RandolphDuke and that idiot is still here. 

The first thing I did when I got to this site, at least that I recall doing, was putting Phlegm on ignore.  Easily the most worthless poster in longhorn netdom for decades. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I just don't understand how folks get so bent out of shape over ANY posters' particular style. Dsmn, life's too short fellas.

And Phlegm was one of a kind. I didn’t love the 10 gif/pic posts, but I enjoyed that he hammered what he didn’t like and always had something witty to say. Or off the wall.

Surely someone here knows who he is/was IRL. He lived in Florida and had worked for cruise lines and Disney, IIRC. I remember that his wife drove him hours to eat at the nearest Whataburger for his birthday once. Seems like he had some heart trouble somewhere along the way. Just hope he’s still alive. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

And Phlegm was one of a kind. I didn’t love the 10 gif/pic posts, but I enjoyed that he hammered what he didn’t like and always had something witty to say. Or off the wall.
Surely someone here knows who he is/was IRL. He lived in Florida and had worked for cruise lines and Disney, IIRC. I remember that his wife drove him hours to eat at the nearest Whataburger for his birthday once. Seems like he had some heart trouble somewhere along the way. Just hope he’s still alive. 

Yeah, I remember he worked for Disney. Could have sworn he had some real health issues.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Modessit said:

Next people will start bitching about dangersnax. If you don't like it, ignore it. And quit bitching about people who don't just because you see it quoted.

dangersnax was fun. So's Futureman. Some people are just too buttoned up to appreciate or even tolerate something different.

I'd never come here if it were constant serious sports conversation. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I, for one, hate all of you exactly the same amount so your collective bullshit is really just trivial entertainment for me to giggle at when my ADHD flares up. My favorite past time here is watching the trolls get the stiffs all worked up over the dumbest shit they can muster up. 

*Occasionally*, there will be something worthwhile said on here but, for the most part, it's just shit flinging. And, I'm here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, bmbmd said:

Phlegm, RD, Derka-they made this joint hop back in the dark 6-7 years.  I always appreciated their efforts. Phlegm was an unapologetic hater of all things aggy, RD remains a fierce revealer of bullshit and apocrypha, and few if any of us burn with the passion for UT sports that Derka has.  IPhlegm's profile indicates that he went dark in September of 2022.   I prefer to think he's still out there, cutting and pasting and hating on aggy.

Just for clarification,  which 6-7 years were those? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I've met Randolph Duke in person and he's genuinely an all around good dude. He may suck at posting in other threads, but when it comes to shit talking aggy and exposing them with evidence and research to back it up the man knows his stuff. 

Phlegm was annoying, but entertaining at times. Funny thing is he's like 60 something years old but the way he posts would have you believe it was a 14 year old child. 

I mean- we are all getting older now even though you don’t think of it. Phlegm was retired and working at Disney (probably 60’s at the start of shaggy which was 15 years ago now. More likely he’s in his 80’s than 60’s. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markstanco said:

(Stolen from a reply)

“T stands for Texasaandmuniversity”

I get what aggy is trying to do. In no way, if seeing this hat in the wild, would I associate it with aggy. Plus, what are they doing to the “T” with the slight angles on the accents? Stupid and ugly. Looks like a knock off high school hat where they are changing the logo just enough to avoid copyright laws.

13 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Phlegm was annoying, but entertaining at times. Funny thing is he's like 60 something years old but the way he posts would have you believe it was a 14 year old child. 

Somehow that sounds familiar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I just don't understand how folks get so bent out of shape over ANY posters' particular style. Dsmn, life's too short fellas.

For me and plenty of others, putting guys like Phlegm on ignore is the opposite of getting bent out of shape. I never had a cross word with the guy. Just put him on ignore and moved on because, wait for it, life is too short to deal with that kind of unfunny idiocy. 

13 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I've met Randolph Duke in person and he's genuinely an all around good dude. He may suck at posting in other threads, but when it comes to shit talking aggy and exposing them with evidence and research to back it up the man knows his stuff. 

The amount of “he was a good dude” tags I’ve seen from posters on this site and shaggy as they’re referring to true pieces of shit is likely immeasurable. Not saying that about Phlegm, but I am saying that many a poster’s judgment of a “good guy” is dubious at best. 

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

dangersnax was fun. So's Futureman. Some people are just too buttoned up to appreciate or even tolerate something different.

I'd never come here if it were constant serious sports conversation. 

You’re not grasping any of these historically terrible posters on a deeper level. If your grandkids came over and showed you how to use the ignore feature, you’d have those rubes on ignore too. Stating that a bunch of posters you actually do interact with here regularly are just boring, serious sports dorks insults you as much anyone. 

15 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Phlegm would have been okay if all of his post wasn't the 10 gif/pics multiple times per page on every thread he posted in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

(Stolen from a reply)

“T stands for Texasaandmuniversity”

I don't blame their fascination with the Block T by itself. I would not want to be associated with the a & m in any fashion. It screams second rate.

"didn't start it". You sure about that bro?

Where did I say he didn’t start this thread? You said he invented the thread. This thread has been going for longer than surly has existed. Did he start it on TOS?

On 2/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, Pimphand said:

Here I thought the ags needed to do something stupid it has been a while.... NSIAP

image.thumb.png.eb13bb315d4cb8d5207d6fe6f8f4b611.png

I guess when you can't win your conference except for once 26 years ago you have to build a statue to your stupid milkmen cheerleader.....

I think my favorite part about this statue is that there's absolutely no detail around the guys FUPA/crotch. Just smoothly-flowing curves as if he were wearing a mumu. It's like the sculptor thought it would be too gay to sculpt around the dude's junk so he just decided to leave that part out.

3 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I get what aggy is trying to do. In no way, if seeing this hat in the wild, would I associate it with aggy. Plus, what are they doing to the “T” with the slight angles on the accents? Stupid and ugly. Looks like a knock off high school hat where they are changing the logo just enough to avoid copyright laws.

More manly than our faggy, dildo-y block T. Their T brings fear.

image.png.a0c28bbf11997339b96e4a8d489dd5f5.png

I didn't state what you say I do. I doubt you can write about the Longhorns and manage to be straight serious with no exquisite insults. Not many posters here are simply about serious sports conversation. It would indeed get boring pretty fast if most people didn't either successfully or unsuccessfully try their hands at wit. The spectrum should include a dry absurdist like Futureman or a would-be beat poet like dangersnax. 

1 I'm not burdened by directly descended grandchildren. My sad jumble of DNA ends with me. You're welcome. As for the ignore function, I've got a few people on it. They've mostly got themselves crowd sourced by now. I can scroll by a bad or trolling post with great ease.

2 I don't blame you for the projection, but I was neither trying to insult anyone nor do I believe that I did so. The post was serious as a heart attack. Plus, I can throw a decent barb here and there, but I'm not prolific enough to catch up with the best here.