• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

A 247 pic from their game today. 

IMG_0226.jpeg

Husker fan on right: “Did they sew a dick on that guy’s face as some sort of a transplant?!”

Wife: “No, that dick IS his face.”

Edited by Tex Pete

On 3/21/2024 at 12:46 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Our boy Graham is at it again.  This time it's the Trev hire.  And of course none of it make sense.  This guy is going to be good for a lot of laughs going forward.

Texas A&M hiring Trev Alberts shows they are still one step ahead of Texas, OU
The Texas A&M Aggies are showing that they won’t back down to anybody in the new era of collegiate athletics.

By Graham Harmon

https://gigemgazette.com/posts/texas-a-m-hiring-trev-alberts-shows-they-are-still-one-step-ahead-of-texas-ou-01hsc6ksf8yt

When news came down that Texas A&M was hiring Trev Alberts as their new Director of Athletics, shockwaves were sent throughout the collegiate athletics landscape. Alberts has been a leader in the industry for quite some time, and is an alum of Nebraska. For those reasons, Texas A&M’s hire was rightly seen as a seismic move.

I had a seismic move this morning after my second cup of coffee. 

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2024 at 9:41 AM, nnm said:

You linked the wrong album to get likes from Surlyites.  

Herb_Alpert_and__4f8cbb5ed603c.jpg

This is the correct answer.  Funny thing is Herb Alpert on Pandora is my go to early AM surf fishing music.  Interestingly a surf guitar medley from Junior Brown is part of that mix.

---------------------------------

But keeping on topic I had to return a rent car yesterday, and wanted to get to the body shop to get the wife's car.  And it takes the two people in front of me 25 minutes AFTER I walked in to get it all together.  Apparently it's not normal to not have your driver's license when renting a car, and you can use your mom's.  Not understanding the need to have more than simply the TDL number is not enough for them to give you a vehicle.  Guy was wearing  headphones the entire time bitching, and mom was concerned about the charges going on her card.  Was it going to be an actual charge, or just a hold?  When the guy asked where the car was being repaired, he said,  "Undecided." Then said , "Probably the Maserati dealership."  Which I thought was odd, given the Mom's concern about a $50 hold on her card. But after the calls to the main office, they could indeed put the car under her license.  So he could get something to drive, but she didn't want to pay extra for son without the license present to drive it...

But then it happened, and everything became clear when the guy turned around.  It wasn't a maroon wife beater the guy was wearing, it was a Texas A&M maroon basketball jersey style wife beater. 

As they went out to get their vehicle, I could see the poor customer service guy, as they let him know they did not want the Ford Edge they wanted the pickup truck next to it.  As the guy came back in to change out the keys, I said, "Let them know that the truck will likely cost them out of pocket."  After another couple minute discussion, Aggie Maserati son, and "don't charge my card" Aggie Mom get into the original Ford Edge.

So what should have taken 5 minutes on a normal day, with normal people at Enterprise took 30 minutes.  I was tempted to ask, "What kind of Maserati?" wearing my UT Columbia Fishing shirt, but instead I simply smiled inside thinking, "These fucking Aggie jokes write themselves."

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

An Aggie choosing a Maserati as their "high end" transportation is perfect.

Maserati, like BMW, Mercedes, and Jaguar, has figured out that they can make more money by pumping out entry-level POS cars that rubes snap up because of the perceived luxury label. Problem being that the entry level POS cars are even worse quality, with higher ownership costs, than a comparable Toyota or Ford. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2

Plus, Maseratis look like Buicks.  Or Buicks look like Maseratis.  Whatever.
image.png.c60f2c9ebf4fe722be8498f1281ba114.png

image.png.8659b16df0a6db5536f0f6193b1ef974.png
To be fair, the bottom car will last a lot longer while also being far less money upfront. Maserati is nothing more than a Fiat borrowing some Ferrari bits...and slapped together with all the same care and attention to detail as your average Burger King chef. (I had a friend who bought one brand new a few years back so got some good second hand experience)
WTH?
Johnny 8 ball with no aggy flair?
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lolol

This chick:

image.png.78e91f7ded223847c6fab4adf74bbe2b.png

looks a fair bit like Austin songbird Kim Longacre (of Zeitgeist / The Reivers).  She's not a dead ringer, but there is a similarity.  Pretty much every (straight) guy who used to go see late 80's early 90's indie rock in Austin had a thing for Kim.  Sorry for the threadjack, I just wanted to find a photo of her.  I'll be in my bunk.

image.png.4897e22b0e0b5888bc334a347597916b.png

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This chick:

looks a fair bit like Austin songbird Kim Longacre (of Zeitgeist / The Reivers).  It's not, but there is a similarity.  Pretty much every (straight) guy who used to go see late 80's early 90's indie rock in Austin had a thing for her.  Sorry for the threadjack, I just wanted to find a phot of Kim:

We saw them at the 1991 SXSW, really enjoyed their cover of “Shattered” (I think they played in the Texas Union). 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This chick:

looks a fair bit like Austin songbird Kim Longacre (of Zeitgeist / The Reivers).  She's not a dead ringer, but there is a similarity.  Pretty much every (straight) guy who used to go see late 80's early 90's indie rock in Austin had a thing for Kim.  Sorry for the threadjack, I just wanted to find a photo of her.  I'll be in my bunk.

Big ups for The Reivers reference - all so true. Saw them back in the day and their reunion a few years ago. What a voice!

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lolol

Dammit. That was what I posted above, and it didn’t show up. 

IMG_0226.jpeg.7d76f1f4488d08890b4b5a160492ec48.jpeg

Husker fan on right: “Did they sew a dick on that guy’s face as some sort of a transplant?!”

Wife: “No, that dick IS his face.”

Edited by Tex Pete

23 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Dammit. That was what I posted above, and it didn’t show up. 

IMG_0226.jpeg.7d76f1f4488d08890b4b5a160492ec48.jpeg

Wife: “No, that dick IS his face.”

image.png.efc6910d439749f1e078322727264023.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

3CD2D90F-DD52-4468-9F41-0AA3283252AD.thumb.jpeg.1818487c712ae57fe403bf7a5339361e.jpeg

The AD should take all of the blame for this consistent poor performance across multiple sports.  They need a change, but if only there was a way to get out from under his contract?  Not sure there is anyone out there stupid enough to help, but they can always hope.

• Haha 9

Went skiing over spring break... one thing I dislike about the average Texan skiers is how they show up and ski dressed like walking billboards for their schools... it looks goofy and fits the CO narrative of Texan skiers.  Anyhoo... I need to find a picture as my wife told me about and then I saw this family of four Aggies, all dressed in top to bottom aggy gear to go skiing... it was nauseating and it was perfectly on brand.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Went skiing over spring break... one thing I dislike about the average Texan skiers is how they show up and ski dressed like walking billboards for their schools... it looks goofy and fits the CO narrative of Texan skiers.  Anyhoo... I need to find a picture as my wife told me about and then I saw this family of four Aggies, all dressed in top to bottom aggy gear to go skiing... it was nauseating and it was perfectly on brand.  

Probably my in-laws.  Although, the oldest daughter is considering Tech now, which is even more heart-breaking for all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thank god aggy lost. If they had won we all know they would have been throwing the horns down and acting like bigger buffoons than normal even though they weren't playing Texas.

Yea but they were still playing in the tourney when Texas was already eliminated!!!!

I haven't kept up with this thread and I'm sure it's already been discussed but what was the appeal of Alberts? 
Looking at his history at Nebraska he didn't make a single good hire. I guess Rhule might have potential but finished 5-7 in year 1. 

Sounds familiar.

Rhule will be a good coach. He’s the type of guy that would struggle at a current blue blood taming 5 star players, but can take a bunch of 3s and make it work.

Sounds familiar.

Rhule will be a good coach. He’s the type of guy that would struggle at a current blue blood taming 5 star players, but can take a bunch of 3s and make it work.
The delusional corn fanbase won't tolerate too many recruiting classes filled with diamonds in the rough.