• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 4/7/2023 at 12:02 PM, closetojumping said:

X-posting from the aggie 2024 recruiting thread:

Might as well go ahead and post a spring update on ATM here. 

Some of my friends that know people and players in and around the ATM program have always called it straight on ATM. I know some folks that read my ATM posts regularly know that, but others that don't or think I'm wishcasting, I'll just point out that I foretold of what was coming from ATM in the 2022 class back in the winter of 20/21 when they starting pushing chips in, and it wasn't funny or happy shit for us. So do with this what you may, but this isn't fan fiction even if it reads like it. 

Fisher hasn't changed a thing with the offense. They're running the same shit and Petrino is being forced to learn the playbook so the illusion of him calling plays on gameday can exist. There have been no new installations of scheme whatsoever on either side of the ball.

Coaches are infighting, to the point that people are talking shit in the open at practices. Coley is completely iced from any relevance whatsoever and has no say in anything but is moneywhipped into shutting the fuck up, keeping his fancy title and worrying over tight end development. 

Blackwell is apparently shellshocked. I'm interested in seeing if he stays for more than a year. Addazio and Craig apparently hate each other. Petrino and Fisher aren't feigning to be friendly in front of others.

There are still a number of weed-smoking mercenaries on the team, some of whom may not make it out of the spring. Going to class is a bug, not a feature. Smoking weed before practice is a ritual among a portion of the players. 

One highly rated defensive player's parents thinks the program dysfunction is complete. But, hey, the money's right. For everyone. 

inject that shit directly into my veins GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Haha 3

On 4/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, UncleSonny said:

This is a recent picture on her IG. She’s not thin, but this is not a fat chick. 
image.thumb.jpeg.1fd03708e610020d60e8c0ee7d63f69b.jpeg

The comparison to a housewife is fair, but she’s the housewife that all the dads are checking out at the bbq and hoping to see at a pool party. 

Would smash....repeatedly. Whoever is calling her fat is just unreasonable (and regarded)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, he typed something but then thought better and deleted it...almost entirely.
All he sent was "Ex", and despite being an aggy, he usually forms words and sentences.
All aggy know they have squandered the 12 year advantage they had being in the SEC and all that comes to an end in '24.
The more delusional ones think they can somehow parlay their "best recruiting class ever whoop!" into sneaking into the playoffs this year so they can at least have that, but the more rational ones know we have the same or better odds of making it and it's beyond glorious.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

All aggy know they have squandered the 12 year advantage they had being in the SEC and all that comes to an end in '24.
The more delusional ones think they can somehow parlay their "best recruiting class ever whoop!" into sneaking into the playoffs this year so they can at least have that, but the more rational ones know we have the same or better odds of making it and it's beyond glorious.

daddy's home sport GIF by WWE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Wow so much to unpack here. Outside of the very first statement here, up to the ellipsis, this is just...incoherent.

Well, it's pretty much on point.  What are you grousing about, exactly?  Texas ISN'T the South.  Texas IS beef over pork.  Texas DOESN'T generally align with the south so much as regions west (rural) and cities north (Dallas in particular).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From secrant....their thoughts about Texas.....interesting:

re: Your thoughts on TexasPosted on 4/11/23 at 1:46 pm to AwgustaDawg
bkm1.png
quote:
Very little of Texas is actually in the south culturally...most is more akin to the mountain states or the southwest. Dallas is more culturally aligned with the Midwest (Detroit and Dallas are very similar culturally). Everything west of a line between Tyler and Houston is about as southern as southern Illinois....if the majority of folks in a region talk about BBQ and beef in the same breath you ain't in the south....

Wow so much to unpack here. Outside of the very first statement here, up to the ellipsis, this is just...incoherent.

Texas is not culturally "in the South," I agree with that. That's because Texas is culturally, well, Texas. Surely people here remember the ad campaign, "Texas...it's like a whole 'nother country?" That is possibly the truest statement about Texas, culturally, as there ever was. Texas, first and foremost, is ALL ABOUT SOME TEXAS.

Can you go to a roadside gas station in Evansville, Indiana, and find state-of-Indiana-themed stuff everywhere? Not that I've seen. Want to make Texas shaped pancakes? Got you. Want a freaking $10k BBQ grill shaped like Texas? Yassir. Want an in-ground pool shaped like Texas? Got it on special this week hoss. Ever see an Illinois-edition vehicle? There's a Texas Edition of just about every pickup truck AND full-size SUV - you can use it to tow your Texas-shaped grill to your house full of Texas Lone Star decor with your Texas-shaped pool in the backyard.

In a weird way, Texas is it's own avatar - a caricature of itself - and MANY residents embrace it so completely that it's just part of the fabric. Texas is not akin to the Mountain States, though some residents of El Paso likely sympathize with what's important in New Mexico - since New Mexico is closer than Austin. (Fun facts: El Paso is closer by mileage to California than it is to the Sabine River - Texas's eastern border. Port Arthur, TX is closer, mileage-wise, to Chicago than it is to El Paso.) Dallas sucks, IMO, but it is not culturally aligned with the midwest - try wearing jeans, a suit jacket, and a cowboy hat to an auto executive meeting in Detroit and tell me how that goes. West of a line between Tyler and Houston (which is only about a third of the state north to south) is San Antonio which has about as much in common with southern Illinois as ancho chile salsa on tacos has with ranch dressing on chicken tenders. Slow-smoked BBQ brisket (which is, you know, beef) is freaking fantastic.

Don’t let yourself get triggered over what some Deep South inbred fucks think of us. We are not a cultural match with most of the SEC and it would be a shame if we aspired to or if we stooped to trying to convince them we fit it. We don’t need to fit in. Who gives a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the whatatburger counter is maroon?  please tell me they did that on their own and aggy didn't make them do it as a condition of doing business

Well, if I remember correctly, the maroon roof panel was a requirement of doing business so who knows. My bet is the counter color too was a requirement.

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Don’t let yourself get triggered over what some Deep South inbred fucks think of us. We are not a cultural match with most of the SEC and it would be a shame if we aspired to or if we stooped to trying to convince them we fit it. We don’t need to fit in. Who gives a shit. 

Well they have had 12 years of Texas aggy's trying to fit in so they think we are cut from the same cloth. They are in for a rude awakening.

• Hook 'Em 4

51 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

“Jimbo Fisher says improving his team's fundamentals is the key to having a successful spring camp: "At the end of the day, more football games are lost than are won."

Huh?

Seems like it's a 50/50 proposition.

53 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

“Jimbo Fisher says improving his team's fundamentals is the key to having a successful spring camp: "At the end of the day, more football games are lost than are won."

Huh?

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Seems like so far they're fundamentally quiters.

Just now, Deej said:

Seems like it's a 50/50 proposition.

This isn’t tricky. He’s talking aggy games.

• Hook 'Em 2

the whatatburger counter is maroon?  please tell me they did that on their own and aggy didn't make them do it as a condition of doing business

Well, if I remember correctly, the maroon roof panel was a requirement of doing business so who knows. My bet is the counter color too was a requirement.

Dumbest shit ever
H8w55anqVsfK5p4WO22sq2zWCxw89YM4qVJFg3mQpBc.jpg.bf68bc972d61282b55dbbb24be840777.jpg

Hullabaloo dumbfuck dumbfuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 12:02 PM, closetojumping said:

There are still a number of weed-smoking mercenaries on the team, some of whom may not make it out of the spring. Going to class is a bug, not a feature. Smoking weed before practice is a ritual among a portion of the players. 

One highly rated defensive player's parents thinks the program dysfunction is complete. But, hey, the money's right. For everyone. 

Prescient. Nice work.

Second year Texas A&M safety Jacoby Mathews was arrested for possession of under two ounces of a controlled substance on April 11 by A&M university police. He posted $3,000 as a surety bond the same day and was released. Mathews has been in the two deep last season as well as during spring ball. He had 25 tackles and three passes broken up in 2022.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-Jacoby-Mathews-arrest-208266037/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I guess that's why I never succeeded in business.  I'd have told those sheep humping, glory ĥole loving misfits to go to hell.

If that WB had never opened, where would their racist OL have been arrested for being drunk and yelling racial slurs while in the drive through several years back? I’m sure that’s an aggy turdition now, too. C’mon, think things through!

• Hook 'Em 1

It's not just Whataburger it's Home Depot as well

image.png.569db5f267e4be56236dde3aac58dfbd.png

The Hooters is is Bryan so it technically doesn't have to have the maroon branding that College Station requires. And if I'm remembering correctly I believe that Hooters originally wanted to put the location in College Station but chose Bryan because of that.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1