• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/21/2022 at 9:19 PM, Hookem2147 said:

TexAgs remains the only fan site on the internet where the mods and posters have more supposed inside info on other programs than their own program.

If you meet an aggy who complains about $10,000 in student loan debt forgiveness, be sure to ask him how loudly he protested when the federal government forgave every penny of Billy Liucci's PPP loan.

texags bailout composite.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

If you meet an aggy who complains about $10,000 in student loan debt forgiveness, be sure to ask him how loudly he protested when the federal government forgave every penny of Billy Liucci's PPP loan.

And it’s not like a website peddling garbage to a multitude of rubes was all that affected by the COVID shut down orders and other economic effects of the pandemic.

39 minutes ago, South Austin said:

And it’s not like a website peddling garbage to a multitude of rubes was all that affected by the COVID shut down orders and other economic effects of the pandemic.

Not to go CR, but the ags are hilarious in their typical over-judgmental, sanctimonious lack of self-awareness.

Remember that Texas A&M owes its very existence to "liberal, big government federal handouts." The Morrill Act was exactly such a program. Free federal money to subsidize farm school education.

The ags didn't moan when the federal government wasted half a billion dollars on a scam vaccine manufacturing plant in College Station. I haven't seen an aggy comment asserting that allowing home interest tax deductions and property tax deductions (including ag exemptions) subsidizes property owners at the expense of renters. They didn't moan when Billy Liucci was gifted a free handout deep into six-figures by the federal government under Billy's assertion that keeping rednecks out of the office as part of a viral pandemic mitigation strategy had financially crushed his online social media business. Sure, Billy. Whatever you say. I would posit that "exceptionalism, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness" are words that refer to precious few aggy-owned businesses, and certainly don't apply to Billy "PPP" Liucci, or his business.

When you only give post-secondary students a limited trade school education, as opposed to a balanced well-rounded education including an exposure to the liberal arts, the trade school students are unable to comprehend bigger principles of action. Instead, they view every situation myopically in an "us vs them" scenario. Which exactly describes the aggy mentality.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3309642/1

texags loan forgiveness.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

I would even argue their traffic would be higher. I’m sure there is a way to find that data month to month, but not searching all that.

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I can give you 100 reasons why student loan forgiveness is bullshit and not one is based on PPP... No cloakroom.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not to go CR, but the ags are hilarious in their typical over-judgmental, sanctimonious lack of self-awareness.

Remember that Texas A&M owes its very existence to "liberal, big government federal handouts." The Morrill Act was exactly such a program. Free federal money to subsidize farm school education.

The ags didn't moan when the federal government wasted half a billion dollars on a scam vaccine manufacturing plant in College Station. I haven't seen an aggy comment asserting that allowing home interest tax deductions and property tax deductions (including ag exemptions) subsidizes property owners at the expense of renters. They didn't moan when Billy Liucci was gifted a free handout deep into six-figures by the federal government under Billy's assertion that keeping rednecks out of the office as part of a viral pandemic mitigation strategy had financially crushed his online social media business. Sure, Billy. Whatever you say. I would posit that "exceptionalism, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness" are words that refer to precious few aggy-owned businesses, and certainly don't apply to Billy "PPP" Liucci, or his business.

When you only give post-secondary students a limited trade school education, as opposed to a balanced well-rounded education including an exposure to the liberal arts, the trade school students are unable to comprehend bigger principles of action. Instead, they view every situation myopically in an "us vs them" scenario. Which exactly describes the aggy mentality.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3309642/1

texags loan forgiveness.jpeg

don't bring that shit to the football forum, open a thread in CR if you want.

• Hook 'Em 5

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/move-in-day-goes-horribly-wrong-at-texas-aandm-dorm-and-we-have-so-many-questions/ar-AA10ZCKV

Move-in day at colleges is always fifty shades of chaotic. Parents and students (and all of their stuff) is everywhere, people are getting lost, the parking lot is a mess. But for those who were going back to school at Texas A&M recently got an especially difficult experience thanks to a bit of a flood.

As @barstooltexasam shared on TikTok, something went majorly wrong on move-in day. In the video, we can see water pouring into the room from the ceiling — it's like it's raining inside! Fortunately, it seems like this person hadn't moved their stuff all the way into the room just yet, but still... this is a total disaster.

View the original article to see embedded media.

According to those in the comments who seem to be in the know, the flood apparently began when a parent accidentally hit a sprinkler in the building, setting them all off. Yeah, if that's true, we're really glad not to be that parent... yikes!

And to add to the fun, we can hear an overhead announcement being made asking people to evacuate the building. We can only imagine how much more stressful this already made a busy day for so many families.

"Caption should have read: move in day is going swimmingly," one commenter joked. 

Hopefully, everyone was able to save their stuff. This just goes to show how important it is to make sure your stuff is covered by insurance, even at college. What a mess! 

11 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I can give you 100 reasons why student loan forgiveness is bullshit and not one is based on PPP... No cloakroom.

I'll gladly debate the merits and the economics of the subject of student loan forgiveness with you any day you choose, but there is extreme hypocrisy in aggyland with their sanctimonious, idiotic claims that federal welfare programs "hinder American exceptionalism, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness." The short reality of the student loan fiasco is that the federal government fucked up when they barred student loan debt from being dischargable in bankrputcy court.

But as the current debate relates to the aggys wallowing in government welfare programs while claiming government welfare programs are inherently evil, the agys (yet again) are completely ignorant of just how much their culture owes its existence to such programs.

Their entire fucking school was established under the Morrill Act, a liberal federal welfare program. They claim to be "the wealthiest public university in the nation" when in reality $11.5 billion of the $13 billion they claim as their endowment is the direct result of a liberal state government welfare program (the PUF).

The worthless vaccine plant the federal government built in College Station was unquestionably wasteful federal spending. How many ags have ever protested against that?

The inflation adjusted income of Brazos County residents hasn't increased in 40 years. That in spite of massive federal and state spending to keep their local economy afloat. And those redneck, racist fuckers seem to think they represent "American exceptionalism, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness." They are getting a Buc-ee's and outside of government employment it will be one of the top five employers in the county. A goddamned gas station.

Fucking hilarious.

I apologize for (once again) being too subtle for some on this board, but if the ags are going to remain silent about the federal and state government handouts that keep their entire fucking town from dying and their beloved school from withering into oblivion, they should at least have the intellectual honesty to admit they are beneficiaries of the same type of "liberal government" wealth transfers they demand others be denied.

Billy Liucci was a fat hog at the trough. Nothing about gifting him a windfall of federal welfare program abuse in any way exemplified "American exceptionalism, innovation, entrepreneurship, and competitiveness."

I am sorry if my subtlety allowed you to miss any of what I intended to convey. I'll struggle to dumb down such comments down moving forward to avoid these types of confusions.

Have a nice day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Texas is currently running number 2 in the nation in endowments behind Harvard.  BUT TEXAS A&M STILL HAS MORE MONEY according to every aggy. Because.... well... just because. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/u-texas-endowment-blows-past-yale-challenges-harvard-richest-nation-thanks-oil-investments

On 8/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, ermahgerdhorn said:

very well might be left without a date when the dust settles from conference realignment

that's some grade AAA fanfic right there

no matter how much fear and loathing they elicit from their mere existence, there is no re-boot of the simulation which leaves aggy out in the cold when The University Premier League debuts in 2048

for those in darkmode that could not see the html in the above article, here's the tl/dr plaintext:

a parent of someone moving in set off the sprinkler system by "turning one on which caused them all to turn on"

how in the everlovingfuck do those people survive in the outside world without killing themselves, each other, or the rest of us, as they go about their daily lives?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmbmd said:

According to those in the comments who seem to be in the know, the flood apparently began when a parent accidentally hit a sprinkler in the building, setting them all off. Yeah, if that's true, we're really glad not to be that parent... yikes!

Yeah that's not how sprinklers work. But hey, the story comes from aggy eyewitnesses and being reported by Barstool Sports, so it must be true.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah that's not how sprinklers work. But hey, the story comes from aggy eyewitnesses and being reported by Barstool Sports, so it must be true.

To be fair for a wet system or an older dry system removing a head (by hitting it) would cause water to flow to that head.  If the system had a preaction interlock you'd have to trip to a smoke to get water to the pipe but I highly doubt any building maintained by state government that isn't brand new or a data center has a preaction system.

bridge.jpg

Edited by ermahgerdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

To be fair for a wet system or an older dry system removing a head (by hitting it) would cause water to flow to that head.  If the system had a preaction interlock you'd have to trip to a smoke to get water to the pipe but I highly doubt any building maintained by state government that isn't brand new or a data center has a preaction system.

bridge.jpg

Sure, it would be easy to accidentally activate just one sprinkler. Bump it just hard enough to break the head or even just break the bulb in it, and you have a problem, but accidentally activating them all would take some doing. That's what I meant. I've never heard of someone bumping a sprinkler and activating more than just that sprinkler, much less a whole building's worth. But hey ... aggy reporting. Hell, the system was probably designed by aggy injunears, so there you go. 

Edited by wood
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

bridge.jpg

I'm down for a little preaction

1 hour ago, wood said:

Sure, it would be easy to accidentally activate just one sprinkler. Bump it just hard enough to break the head or even just break the bulb in it, and you have a problem, but accidentally activating them all would take some doing. That's what I meant. I've never heard of someone bumping a sprinkler and activating more than just that sprinkler, much less a whole building's worth. But hey ... aggy reporting. Hell, the system was probably designed by aggy injunears, so there you go. 

I think some dumbass pulled the fire alarm and doesn't want to own up.  That or detection of an actual fire seem, to me, to be about the only ways to set off all the sprinklers and the announcement.

1 hour ago, wood said:

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I think some dumbass pulled the fire alarm and doesn't want to own up.  That or detection of an actual fire seem, to me, to be about the only ways to set off all the sprinklers and the announcement.

We are talking about a university that allowed this to happen so the bar for stupidity is unfathomably low

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Report-118-million-gallons-of-sewage-found-flowing-from-AM-to-golf-course-Wolf-Pen-Creek-481553711.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

bridge.jpg

To be fair, indoor plumbing is likely not something many of the incoming students/families are familiar with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/24/2022 at 5:39 AM, Randolph Duke said:

He got between $350K-$1M for PPP? Any chance we can get a more specific number to throw in ol' Liucci's chin pubes when he gets sanctimonious?

4 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

He got between $350K-$1M for PPP? Any chance we can get a more specific number to throw in ol' Liucci's chin pubes when he gets sanctimonious?

PPP loan shaming is a pretty weak way to go. The rules were pretty clear how to structure things so it became a grant and not a loan. I know of countless business owners who did this. If anything it proves that he may NOT be an unredeemable idiot, he just has terrible taste in.. well.. life. 

5 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Even in that case, pulling a fire alarm shouldn't activate any sprinklers, much less all of them. If triggered, a deluge system would set off all the sprinklers simultaneously. However, that's not a common system, esp in residential applications where you want to contain or stop incipient fires as quickly as possible but with as little water damage as possible. That's why they're designed to only activate where the fire is and nowhere else. They're more for very hazardous places like chemical plants and aircraft hangars, etc. IF the story is accurate, I suspect fuckery, stupidity, or both.

:firesprinklertalknotgoingaway.

Edited by wood

On 8/23/2022 at 8:25 AM, LTtxfan said:

ESPN agrees....

20 teams with the best shot at making the playoffs.

Texas

Last year's record: 5-7

Chance to make playoff: 17.4%

Chance to win national title: 1.6%

Texas A&M

Last year's record: 8-4

Chance to make playoff: 2.0%

Chance to win national title: 0.1%

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, tejas60 said:

fire protection talk not going away

And we haven't even started on the up/down-sides of chemical yet either!  For the record I do NOT find the lessened property damage from removing water from the equation to be worth the risk of having no reserves after your initial discharge of the agent.  There was a Southwestern Bell facility in the early 90s in, I believe, Waco that was hit by a truck of some sort at a very high rate of speed.  After the Halon discharge escaped through the gaping hole in the facility there was no automatic system to suppress the fire.

I know my opinion is controversial.  

• Haha 1

So A&M has now announced a new $160 million practice facility and this big stadium project in the last month. Didn't they just redo both of those within the last 10-15 years? And aren't their practice facilities already considered top 5 in the country?

Point being, do they still spend money on education or is this just a pure football operation at this point? It's honestly sad to see.

https://12thman.com/news/2022/8/26/texas-am-to-add-23-premium-suites-at-kyle-field.aspx