• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

lolol

I mean it’s been like 100 years since their last title and they’ve never won their division in the SEC, but sure NOW is the time for Jimbo to win

They need to get their stories straight and start rowing in the same direction. Looch has already said next year is the year, but this heretic Brent Z says otherwise. 

I think Jimbo's next bitchy complaint is that they don't have a dude at QB because the boosters didn't buy him one. In other words, he needs a Malachi Nelson level QB to get them over the hump. 

Asking for more and more shit to remain "competitive" is Page 1 of The Book of Jimbo. 

Their OL is dogshit, but so is there schedule. I think Jimbo is smart enough to scheme around some of the OL deficiencies, and regarded SEC DC's can't figure it out until they're back on the plane. So 8&4. They'll lose one they shouldn't, and win one they shouldn't. Rinse, wash, repeat. 

I don’t think their OL will be that bad. Fatheree looked good at times last year, and I’m sure Foster will be better with a year experience, even if he took time off or whatever. Happy to be wrong there though.

I think King being named starter is a nod to who his dad is, more experience with the playbook, and likely more production with qb runs.  In that respect I understand the decision, but it’s going to look foolish when he gets injured or gets turnover happy mid way through the season.

and likely more production with qb runs. 

Fisher does not really do much planned QB runs (which blows my mind with Mond because it is oils have been a strength) and so if the idea that he won the job on his ability to execute the QB run game then even aggy is conceding that their OL will be dog shit.

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

380 for Jerry world is amazing. Never would have thought that many. But after doing a little math I get it.

380 suites and 12,000 people.  Having been a couple times (on the company dime) I bet as many as 10 or even 15 of those people even know who won the game when it's over.

21 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

380 suites and 12,000 people.  Having been a couple times (on the company dime) I bet as many as 10 or even 15 of those people even know who won the game when it's over.

Kinda like the DKR knothole section used to be in the late 1970s, early 1980s.

Edited by Armybrat

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I don’t think their OL will be that bad. Fatheree looked good at times last year, and I’m sure Foster will be better with a year experience, even if he took time off or whatever. Happy to be wrong there though.

I think King being named starter is a nod to who his dad is, more experience with the playbook, and likely more production with qb runs.  In that respect I understand the decision, but it’s going to look foolish when he gets injured or gets turnover happy mid way through the season.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

fify

Nailed it Deej,  I was about to post the exact same thing.

aggy consensus at work is the future SEC schedule would have aggy in a pod with “tu, lsu, and msu (clan aggy). I was like what’s wrong with Texas, OU, and Arkansas? He was like no we don’t want that. His answer almost spoke for itself.

SEC needs to have aggy with Texas and OU, then either Arky or LSU, no jumping states! The whole SEC is going to have to give up their November FCS game and go to 9 conference games, which as of this week, half the conference doesn’t want to do that and give up an additional home game/win, while the rest of the country is in conference play.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

aggy consensus at work is the future SEC schedule would have aggy in a pod with “tu, lsu, and msu (clan aggy). I was like what’s wrong with Texas, OU, and Arkansas? He was like no we don’t want that. His answer almost spoke for itself.

SEC needs to have aggy with Texas and OU, then either Arky or LSU, no jumping states! The whole SEC is going to have to give up their November FCS game and go to 9 conference games, which as of this week, half the conference doesn’t want to do that and give up an additional home game/win, while the rest of the country is in conference play.

Hook’em!

Pods aren't happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

King is the starter because of his dad? This is new to me. Who is he?

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

King is the starter because of his dad? This is new to me. Who is he?

A well respected coach in the TXHS coaching circles.  Two theories.  Oline is shit, needs someone with some wheels (no matter how brittle)  OR Don't piss off dude with legitimate pull across east TX/West La.   He's probably making the right call if the QB competition is even somewhat competitive. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

A well respected coach in the TXHS coaching circles.  Two theories.  Oline is shit, needs someone with some wheels (no matter how brittle)  OR Don't piss off dude with legitimate pull across east TX/West La.   He's probably making the right call if the QB competition is even somewhat competitive. 

Or he just knows Jimbo’s big ass playbook better since he’s been in the program for two and a half years vs half a year for Johnson 

Listening to Bucky on The Horn this morning interviewing Olin Buchanan, texags sports writer…Bucky asked if some of those 5* defensive linemen were going to get some playing time this fall.  Olin said he figured Walter Nolan and a couple of others would definitely play a lot…another one was not released to play (I missed his name)….anyhow, Olin said they’d play because they’d only be on campus for three years and they’d need to “get their return on their ……”. just stopped short of saying investment….they all started laughing……

After Bucky ended the interview, he said….yea, they bought all of them!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Listening to Bucky on The Horn this morning interviewing Olin Buchanan, texags sports writer…Bucky asked if some of those 5* defensive linemen were going to get some playing time this fall.  Olin said he figured Walter Nolan and a couple of others would definitely play a lot…another one was not released to play (I missed his name)….anyhow, Olin said they’d play because they’d only be on campus for three years and they’d need to “get their return on their ……”. just stopped short of saying investment….they all started laughing……

After Bucky ended the interview, he said….yea, they bought all of them!

I think they post all of that as podcasts you can download.  I'll have to check it out, do you know which hour the interview was playing?

Edited by JesusSweatDuck

7 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I think they post all of that as podcasts you can download.  I'll have to check it out, do you know which hour the interview was playing?

After The Dating Game nonfamily edition and before Goobers tips on roadkill cooking

• Rage+1 1