• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

aggy hospitality, like most everything else they claim, is quite exaggerated. They love to pay themselves on the back, but their fans are arrogant assholes to everyone they come in contact with. I have been there with fans of a visiting team other than Texas. They were obnoxious and rude. 

And unjustifiably condescending to fans other than Longhorns. Their courtesy and hospitality, when you find it, is delivered as largesse rather than with any kind of humility. See what good fans we are? Actally we're the best fans. We're proud of that. It's a tradition here. Would you care to see the collection of letters from Texags proving it?

Revolting cult of narcissists.

• Hook 'Em 6

Achane got 19 offensive touches and they had him returning kicks vs Sam Houston. It'll be interesting to see how many touches he gets vs real competition, considering he's easily their best player on offense, but isn't built like Isaiah Spiller or Trayveon Williams 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Achane got 19 offensive touches and they had him returning kicks vs Sam Houston. It'll be interesting to see how many touches he gets vs real competition, considering he's easily their best player on offense, but isn't built like Isaiah Spiller or Trayveon Williams 

what was that about? why would you even consider chancing him getting hurt returning kicks vs SHSU?

(then again, i think this is the case for Worthy and ULM also)

They're getting lazy. Those fake posts used to be a lot longer and involve either how proud they would be for their sons to have the great honor and privilege to serve in the corp, or that they could only dream of their daughters marrying such upstanding and rightous aggy corp members. I always assumed it was a guy they all agreed would compose them because every year they were very similarly prosed. I guess that guy got busy and they went with some lazy bastard who barely puts any effort into it.

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They're getting lazy …. I guess that guy got busy and they went with some lazy bastard who barely puts any effort into it.

So kind of like their coaching situation?

Edited by nnm

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They're getting lazy. Those fake posts used to be a lot longer and involve either how proud they would be for their sons to have the great honor and privilege to serve in the corp, or that they could only dream of their daughters marrying such upstanding and rightous aggy corp members. I always assumed it was a guy they all agreed would compose them because every year they were very similarly prosed. I guess that guy got busy and they went with some lazy bastard who barely puts any effort into it.

I am pretty sure it is good 'ol Johnny Sharp himself.

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

wait for the SEC season to start.

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ah, so another fake "We're visiting your awesome college town just hoping to not get beat down too badly while we check the awe-inspiring '12th Man Experience' off our bucket list".

Incredibly transparent, and they all sound the same. Do they really think this shit fools anyone other than aggy, and what's the point behind it, anyway? I do absolutely love that the first reply is from BeatHellOutOfTU. So perfectly aggy.

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Ah, so another fake "We're visiting your awesome college town just hoping to not get beat down too badly while we check the awe-inspiring '12th Man Experience' off our bucket list".

Incredibly transparent, and they all sound the same. Do they really think this shit fools anyone other than aggy, and what's the point behind it, anyway? I do absolutely love that the first reply is from BeatHellOutOfTU. So perfectly aggy.

no it makes total sense for a guy with a unique username as far as i can tell (not used anywhere else per google, although there is someone posting on an app st message board named "Appst86" - why would they change their username to add spaces and capitalize differently in this scenario lol) from another school to join and lurk for 2 months before making his first post about how his favorite moment from last year was Texas A&M beating Bama lol

image.png.034f2f9ff6e5efc1afaa2913f3de0879.png

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

no it makes total sense for a guy with a unique username as far as i can tell (not used anywhere else per google, although there is someone posting on an app st message board named "Appst86" - why would they change their username to add spaces and capitalize differently in this scenario lol) from another school to join and lurk for 2 months before making his first post about how his favorite moment from last year was Texas A&M beating Bama lol

image.png.034f2f9ff6e5efc1afaa2913f3de0879.png

It would be interesting to watch this. I wonder if all of the other team’s blow hard posters joined in the same time frame.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That thread is so fucking awesome and transparently fake. The guy doesn't use caps in his writing for the most part, at least in his second post, but he makes sure he capitalizes "12th Man" while showing reverence. That's not where it gets obviously aggie though. Then he had to go and post a clip of a kicker for ATM beating Alabama last year and confesses that it was his favorite part of last year's football season, and that he loves the play so much that he's watched it many times since then.

Then he comes back later and doubles down with the tried and true "I'm sure if Alabama fans were being honest, they'd admit to loving that clip too" maneuver, which is the favorite aggie go-to in winning fandom repeatedly against all other teams. They're so flatly insecure in their own relevance that they have a pathological need to regularly lump opponents into the notion that everyone secretly loves and cheers for ATM. 

It's almost unbelievable that they continue to behave in this kind of textbook lunacy, but then I remember their total lack of self-awareness and then the decades of repeated insecure goobery always makes sense. 

Yep. It's why their faux posters are nearly always simple to sniff out. They don't even understand that their hive mind and insecurities and all that they bring are not normal to the rest of the world.

They're the "Big Swinging Dick" with a mere Tic Tac between their legs.

3 hours ago, NoName said:

what was that about? why would you even consider chancing him getting hurt returning kicks vs SHSU?

(then again, i think this is the case for Worthy and ULM also)

I believe they would like to push him for the Heisman. They desperately want something to combat the accusations of a Stone Age offense. Adding ST touches gives more potential yards without changing their offense. They hope no one will catch on.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher has told people that winning a national title from inside the SECW is the hardest thing to achieve in CFB. I guess the premise of an exit to WVU with an expanded playoff doesn't sound like total bullshit given that. I'm hoping he overstays at ATM before he does anything else though, of course.

With the amount of money they've thrown at him I think he's there.  He's had zero results, their recruiting has gone down the shitter, and they are very probably staring at a losing season this year (or worse) to top it all off.  I have to believe that's why he's setting his sites on WVU and their $3mm paycheck since he knows what's coming at aggy 

With the amount of money they've thrown at him I think he's there.  He's had zero results, their recruiting has gone down the shitter, and they are very probably staring at a losing season this year (or worse) to top it all off.  I have to believe that's why he's setting his sites on WVU and their $3mm paycheck since he knows what's coming at aggy 

Hiring the best class in the history of time = recruiting going down the shitter?

5 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Hiring the best class in the history of time = recruiting going down the shitter?

And right now they are looking at their worst class in the last >30 years.  Many of the prospects in the "best class in history" moved up in ranking after the commit because of the Jimbo press machine.

So I was at the SHSU vs A&M game this weekend which happened to be my first trip to Kyle in over a decade. The only thing I would take over DKR is the ease of access to the upper decks and not walking for 20 minutes up those ramps. Other than that there is nothing overtly special about that experience compared to other stadiums I have been to. 

Secondly most of those aggies I talked with that day shared a few thoughts that are optimistic at best

1. That King is still going to be elite and the early picks are nothing to worry about

2. Bryce Foster returning is enough in itself to make their O Line elite from what we saw Saturday.

3. Elko leaving is not a big deal and Durkin will pick up where he left off with no regression.

4. Their Heisman favorite (yes favorite and not hopeful) is Achane and het will be able to outproduce Bijan now that he is the #1 back. 

All in all it was a total snooze fest like most Jimbo games and I feel good about my under on the 8.5 win total I picked up before the season. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fisher has told people that winning a national title from inside the SECW is the hardest thing to achieve in CFB. I guess the premise of an exit to WVU with an expanded playoff doesn't sound like total bullshit given that. I'm hoping he overstays at ATM before he does anything else though, of course.

I'm torn.  Part of me wants him to hang around long enough to destroy their roster and post a losing record, even with their lineup of cupcakes.  Another part of me would love to see him just bolt unexpectedly.

Both would be hilarious scenarios.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So I was at the SHSU vs A&M game this weekend which happened to be my first trip to Kyle in over a decade. The only thing I would take over DKR is the ease of access to the upper decks and not walking for 20 minutes up those ramps.

But we also have escalators, they do not.

54 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

So I was at the SHSU vs A&M game this weekend which happened to be my first trip to Kyle in over a decade. The only thing I would take over DKR is the ease of access to the upper decks and not walking for 20 minutes up those ramps. Other than that there is nothing overtly special about that experience compared to other stadiums I have been to.

did you get lost looking for the stadium?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yet another example of how the “aggy experience” fails. 

In the comments, the aggys are crowing about how it is unpossible form to have paid their latest recruiting class what others have claimed. “Whoop! Advantage aggy.”

“Last year” 

Well, this is 2022, so “last year” has to mean 2021, right? Well, aggy’s “$30 mil store-bought” 2022 recruiting class that signed in Feb 2022 wouldn’t  have received NIL in 2021. 

Why would someone have posted a NIL story talking about “last year” ie 2021, on Sept 7, 2022. 

Because, in the grown up world, “last year” could (and in this case does) mean fiscal year, not calendar year. The fiscal (ie “reporting) year for TAMU ends Aug 31 of each year. 

The NIL desks for the aggy 2022 class wouldn’t really kick in until the kids are enrolled, in campus, and available for promotional activities concurrent with the 2022 football season. 

So while the dumbfucks are “aggy sure” $30 million could not have been contracted for in NIL deals because a sum less than $30 million was paid out  prior to the start of the 2023 fiscal/ school/ reporting year, the rest of us are pretty sure it is still possible there are about $30 million in NIL deals that have been contracted for with the 2022 recruiting class. 

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Somebody fill me in here . . . what does A&M owe Jimbo (or vice versa) if he bolts, say before the 2023 season?

@Randolph Duke please, no dissertations.  A simple answer would be nice.

He owes them nothing if he leaves.  If they fire him, they owe him the balance of his contract at the time, somewhere around 80M is left I think.   You can bet your ass they will be looking for cause, it’s why he has denied denied denied that NIL had anything to do with that class.   He knew he couldn’t claim NIL because that would eventually come out in the wash that there was none.   He can just deny and deflect, claim ignorance of what was really going on, he has a smart agent who told him how he keeps the money is to not know anything and claim they all came because they love the lit station.

It going to make it harder to prove he knew about illegal payments which is probably the best they could hope for in their eventual for cause case.   2 more seasons of 8-4 or worse and you can bet they are looking for that out.

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

It going to make it harder to prove he knew about illegal payments which is probably the best they could hope for in their eventual for cause case.   2 more seasons of 8-4 or worse and you can bet they are looking for that out.

. . . or they could (bear with me here) stop extending his absolutely ridiculous, indefensible contract.

Aggie jokes, writ large, by themselves.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Somebody fill me in here . . . what does A&M owe Jimbo (or vice versa) if he bolts, say before the 2023 season?

@Randolph Duke please, no dissertations.  A simple answer would be nice.

If you live in a world where 11 words is considered one and the same as a dissertation, I’m not sure I can dumb it down enough for you. 

But for you, I’ll give it a shot. 

Nada. 

Jimbo can walk with no penalty any day he wants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He owes them nothing if he leaves.  If they fire him, they owe him the balance of his contract at the time, somewhere around 80M is left I think.   You can bet your ass they will be looking for cause, it’s why he has denied denied denied that NIL had anything to do with that class.   He knew he couldn’t claim NIL because that would eventually come out in the wash that there was none.   He can just deny and deflect, claim ignorance of what was really going on, he has a smart agent who told him how he keeps the money is to not know anything and claim they all came because they love the lit station.

Just say cause is the only way he gets fired.

8 hours ago, Treefidy said:

His original contract was for 10 years and then they extended it to 15. Would the 80million be from the original contract or the extension?