• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/31/2022 at 6:55 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

I'm going to have to stop you right here...

On 8/31/2022 at 7:24 AM, South Austin said:

This.  No cool story was ever followed anywhere with the phrase "I lived in College Station."

I would like to point out that The University of Texas had some great teams/seasons while I was doing my stint in that hell hole. It was the only thing that made living there bearable during that time. When Vince ran into the endzone and Leinart threw the final dead duck to take the National Title, my ass was screaming from the middle of my Cul-de-Sac, shirtless, something to the tune of "KISS MY ENTIRE ASS YOU FUCKING HILLBILLIES. THE TEXAS LONGHORNS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!! HOLY SHIT WE WON IT ALL, HAHAHAHAHAH!!!" My redass neighbors across the street turned off their lights and the only glow was coming from the TV still showing our celebration. Showed up to work (on their campus) in my Rose Bowl shirt with the biggest shit-eating grin I could muster. I should have driven to Austin that night.

On 8/31/2022 at 7:54 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Unless it ends with "and then i moved away from that shithole", of course.

I moved back in 2007, but into my first home the night of the Tech game 2008. I'll never forget my aggy wife and I celebrating when Craig said the pass was intercepted by Gideon, only to be devastated one play later. Maybe I should move back to CS. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Droopy
Fuck tech
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

I didn't realize until I was today years old that Tom Herman had a higher winning percentage at Texas than Bear Bryant did at aggy. That was Bryant's lowest winning percentage of any school he coached at and he lost the only bowl game he coached at a&m. And he's their "Moses."

That pretty much sums it up. 

It’s September in the year 2022 of our lord and Billy has not released his top 44 in state recruits.

and when I think about the year they’re about to have to predict wins, I just don’t see how they’re better than 9 wins. They lost 4 games last year, and won’t be running back to back years vs Saban. If you look at their depth chart where exactly are they supposed to be improved? 

32 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The most beautiful thing to point out when those dipshits make fun of 5-7 is Jimbo's record the year before they gave him a 10 year deal.

Replace their OOC schedule with teams with a pulse and scale back the absurd amount of home games, and they'd be 5-7 most years. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Replace their OOC schedule with teams with a pulse and scale back the absurd amount of home games, and they'd be 5-7 most years. 

Honestly the more I look at it I think 5-7 is their ceiling this year.  They are going to be a much worse team than last year and outlook is downhill from here....a lot of the fake "studs" they got in this last recruiting class are going to rush the portal wanting to go somewhere with a chance or at least some relevance. 

Honestly the more I look at it I think 5-7 is their ceiling this year.  They are going to be a much worse team than last year and outlook is downhill from here....a lot of the fake "studs" they got in this last recruiting class are going to rush the portal wanting to go somewhere with a chance or at least some relevance. 

That’s a bit of a reach. What would their floor be?

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

That’s a bit of a reach. What would their floor be?

I stated that poorly.  I should have said "5-7 is a likely outcome if they are firing on all cylinders".  I see two teams on their schedule where they are clearly the better team - Sam Houston and UMASS.  The other games, including App State, are either toss ups or likely complete beat downs.  They will probably win those two and then grab a couple of the toss ups and maybe even an upset.

aggy is bad this year and has a strong downward trajectory, especially with us joining the SEC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1