• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Droopy said:

That elevator was supposed to be secured and set up to only work for one floor only, but nobody paid any attention to my buddy drive up, get out at the dock and load a cart, then use the elevator. 👌🏼🤣

That's a very plausible aggy engineering story.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

I lived in College Station from 1998-2007 and I made friends with a UPS driver (big Longhorns fan). We went to lunch one day and he looked flustered. I asked him if he was ok and he told me this story. 
“I was delivering packages to the Bush Library. I loaded my cart and got in the service elevator and punched the button I needed but it wouldn’t work. In fact, all the buttons except for 1 didn’t work, so I *road up to the floor that was lit. The doors open and I see what appears to be a living room with couches, chairs, coffee tables, etc... About 2 seconds after the door opens I see 4 people staring at me like I’m a ghost. It’s at that point I recognize the 4 people; Barbara Bush, George H.W. Bush, and Mikhail Gorbachov and his wife. I said, Holy Shit! I must be on the wrong floor and hit the Ground Floor button. As soon as the doors open to the Ground Floor I’m met by a dozen Agents both pissed off and ashamed. That happened about 30 minutes ago and I’m still in shock.”

They we’re in town for the dedication of the Berlin Wall memorial at the Library and were apparently waiting for their security detail to pick them up to go down for the ceremony. That elevator was supposed to be secured and set up to only work for one floor only, but nobody paid any attention to my buddy drive up, get out at the dock and load a cart, then use the elevator. 👌🏼🤣

Nice. Real nice. 

* rode

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

CSB:

I lived in College Station from 1998-2007 and I made friends with a UPS driver (big Longhorns fan). We went to lunch one day and he looked flustered. I asked him if he was ok and he told me this story. 
“I was delivering packages to the Bush Library. I loaded my cart and got in the service elevator and punched the button I needed but it wouldn’t work. In fact, all the buttons except for 1 didn’t work, so I road up to the floor that was lit. The doors open and I see what appears to be a living room with couches, chairs, coffee tables, etc... About 2 seconds after the door opens I see 4 people staring at me like I’m a ghost. It’s at that point I recognize the 4 people; Barbara Bush, George H.W. Bush, and Mikhail Gorbachov and his wife. I said, Holy Shit! I must be on the wrong floor and hit the Ground Floor button. As soon as the doors open to the Ground Floor I’m met by a dozen Agents both pissed off and ashamed. That happened about 30 minutes ago and I’m still in shock.”

They we’re in town for the dedication of the Berlin Wall memorial at the Library and were apparently waiting for their security detail to pick them up to go down for the ceremony. That elevator was supposed to be secured and set up to only work for one floor only, but nobody paid any attention to my buddy drive up, get out at the dock and load a cart, then use the elevator. 👌🏼🤣

Nice. Real nice. 

no mention of the giant birthmark marching across his forehead.... 

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

For anyone that didn’t click through to the story- he got a custom jersey from RC

I'm guessing Mr. and Mrs. Gorbachev spent some quality time in their Holiday Inn bathroom following that experience.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Did RC teach him to say “tu”?

he taught him how to palm a C-note and pass it off during a handshake.

So this is an aggy transfer and rumor is that aggy is dragging their feet on the transcript issues. Anyone hear anything about that? I'm a bit skeptical, not because I don't think they're capable of pettiness, we all know they are a bunch of fuckstains about stuff, but if true I would think they'd be blasted all across the media. Curious if I'm just missing it. If true, they need to be blasted to bolivia for fucking around with kids' lives and should have all of their transfers similarly held up.

image.png.b8dbcc5e32eebd5e040863f1ac2bdb61.png

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So this is an aggy transfer and rumor is that aggy is dragging their feet on the transcript issues. Anyone hear anything about that? I'm a bit skeptical, not because I don't think they're capable of pettiness, we all know they are a bunch of fuckstains about stuff, but if true I would think they'd be blasted all across the media. Curious if I'm just missing it. If true, they need to be blasted to bolivia for fucking around with kids' lives and should have all of their transfers similarly held up.

image.png.b8dbcc5e32eebd5e040863f1ac2bdb61.png

It could just be rank incompetence, or Jimbo being a petty little prick. Either one is equally likely. Either way, I would be using the media to amp up the pressure on them. A USC transfer recently forced the university to make a statement about his situation in the media because they were being dicks, and he is now magically eligible. 

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The Cliff Notes version of the Bible used at Katy Bible Church must not mention "idolatry."

Most non-Texans can't begin to comprehend the incessant he-ro worship that is a defining defect of aggy culture.

Reminds me of when Aggy joined the SEC and as the ceremony concluded they all started their celebratory "whooping"... All the real-time comments from other SEC programs were like, "WTF is that?"...

Seeing the shock and dismay at what they brought into the SEC slowly dawn across their faces made me laugh my ass off.

They're heady over a great class in 2021, which is understandable.  They just don't understand that one class does not a juggernaut make.  (See:  Simms + Redding, etc.  It took several years to build the talent and depth that would eventually turn into the 04-09 Longhorns.)

Of course, they're also the most perversely illogical fanbase in all of sports, so that doesn't help, either.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They're heady over a great class in 2021, which is understandable.  They just don't understand that one class does not a juggernaut make.  (See:  Simms + Redding, etc.  It took several years to build the talent and depth that would eventually turn into the 04-09 Longhorns.)

Of course, they're also the most perversely illogical fanbase in all of sports, so that doesn't help, either.

How successful do you thing Jimbo Fisher is going to be at managing 30 18-yr old prima donnas who have been promised a lot and given more money than they ever imagined at their age?

I'm fairly certain the ags are about to learn there is a huge difference between buying a top recruiting class, and developing effective team chemistry. Throw in the cultural bullshit that comes with being a black male in College Station, Texas, and Jimbo has his work cut out for him.

Remember this is season six that the trophy they gave Jimbo has been sitting on the shelf over there. So far he's banked almost $50 million, and at some point, even an aggy catches on to a fraud.

My guess is by the end of this season, that famous recruiting class will start to disintegrate and the wheels will begin to fall off the cart over there.

For anyone wondering, Jimbo's contract is fully guaranteed through the 2032 season.

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

How successful do you thing Jimbo Fisher is going to be at managing 30 18-yr old prima donnas who have been promised a lot and given more money than they ever imagined at their age?

I'm fairly certain the ags are about to learn there is a huge difference between buying a top recruiting class, and developing effective team chemistry. Throw in the cultural bullshit that comes with being a black male in College Station, Texas, and Jimbo has his work cut out for him.

Remember this is season six that the trophy they gave Jimbo has been sitting on the shelf over there. So far he's banked almost $50 million, and at some point, even an aggy catches on to a fraud.

My guess is by the end of this season, that famous recruiting class will start to disintegrate and the wheels will begin to fall off the cart over there.

For anyone wondering, Jimbo's contract is fully guaranteed through the 2032 season.

This is season 5 for Fisher at TAMU, Randy, and he's banked about $35-$40M. No need to move the facts around, it's still absurd.

36 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Reminds me of when Aggy joined the SEC and as the ceremony concluded they all started their celebratory "whooping"... All the real-time comments from other SEC programs were like, "WTF is that?"...

Man, this reminds me that it once seemed a possibility that Texas and A&M could go to the Pac and how much comedy gold there would have been with the west coast schools experiencing the ags firsthand. The USC song girls juxtaposed with the yell leaders. Berkeley being inundated with aggies. Etc. It would have been marvelous.

• Haha 2

Other than living in Texas and loving college football, if I ever shared anything else in common with these fucktards, I'd off myself.  Every so often I have to pat myself on the back that my neighbors and I have successfully driven off any potential buyer of the homes on our street if they went to A&M.  Our kids will meet their kind soon enough, no reason to rush it on our quiet little cul-de-sac.  10 transactions since we've lived here on a street with just 11 homes (some sold twice) and about half those homes had Aggie bids.  And they were conveniently done away with.  They have no business living among us you ask me.  How some people can also align with them philosophically is beyond me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is season 5 for Fisher at TAMU, Randy, and he's banked about $35-$40M. No need to move the facts around, it's still absurd.

Jimbo's total compensation for FY 2019 was $9,266,535 (see attached, bottom of P.40).

He has been there approx 4.7 years.

Assuming he hasn't taken a pay cut of any sort, 4.7 x $9.27 mil = $43.59 mil.

I stand corrected.

His base was $7.5 mil, and his other comp was $1.77 mil. His new contract that kicked in on Jan 1, 2022 bumps his base to $9 mil (with an escalator clause), so his total comp is now almost $11 mil/yr.

For going 8-4.

Texas A&M 2019 NCAA financials.pdf

35 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

You have a remarkable ability to read things into posts that absolutely don't exist.  Carry on, Randy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

For those wondering, this is about 30% higher than A&M's season ticket sales which, as best as I can determine at a glance, are just over 50,000.

Source for A&M numbers- https://www.12thmanfoundation.com/donor-impact/stories/season-ticket-holders/index.html

I heard on the radio this morning that Penn State has sold over 91,000 season tickets this year.  Wow!

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You have a remarkable ability to read things into posts that absolutely don't exist.  Carry on, Randy.

Apologies.

I read "They just don't understand that one class does not a juggernaut make" to mean "the ags are about to learn that while they may have landed one quite good recruiting class, that doesn't necessarily indicate extended future success at a high level."

Silly me.

51 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I didn't realize until I was today years old that Tom Herman had a higher winning percentage at Texas than Bear Bryant did at aggy. That was Bryant's lowest winning percentage of any school he coached at and he lost the only bowl game he coached at a&m. And he's their "Moses."

I'm not exactly a biblical scholar, but I think Moses stuck around a little longer than 3 years 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Apologies.

I read "They just don't understand that one class does not a juggernaut make" to mean "the ags are about to learn that while they may have landed one quite good recruiting class, that doesn't necessarily indicate extended future success at a high level."

Silly me.

That's exactly what it meant, but your response seemed to be educating me on that fact.

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Bryant was actually there for four years, but I agree. I think most people would also argue that Moses won his bowl game pretty convincingly. 

At least Moses could beat the Crimson Tide.  I mean Red Sea.  Same bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2