• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Have been told by a friend who played at A&M that Weigman will end up taking King’s spot a game or two into this year once he fully learns the playbook. 

...and I've been told that before the first game, his wife will tell Cuckbo who was "the best" and who therefore should start.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Living in east texas I followed king. His Junior year was outstanding. Bad senior year. He was recruited by maybe 3 d1 programs. I don’t see it, but whatever.

I saw him play several times, twice his junior year. His supporting cast made him look great his junior year and exposed him his senior year. He was ignored as a recruit until aggy realized how desperate they were for a QB. At that point, they proclaimed him the greatest QB to come out of Texas HS football and were astonished that he had been ignored.

He’s never been great, but them shitting on him now is classic aggy behavior. 

Billy on ESPNU this morning: "Jimbo, JIMbo, JIMBO! One of the best offensive lines in the SEC! JIMBO!! The offense struggled in scrimmage because our defensive front is the awesomest, bestest, ever. JIMBO! We can go undefeated this year but 10-2 minimum. JIMBO!!! National champion contender next year, book it! And JIMBO!!!!!!!!!"

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Living in east texas I followed king. His Junior year was outstanding. Bad senior year. He was recruited by maybe 3 d1 programs. I don’t see it, but whatever.

come on man, make fun of him for the things that are true. like how much of a goofyass he is.

dude took OVs to A&M, Tennessee, Auburn and Duke. IIRC his final 2 were Tenn and A&M.

3 hours ago, AP101S said:

Jimbo Fisher, the quarterback whisperer

The Vikings just traded for Nick Mullens.  That should tell you what the new coaching regime thinks of Mond (as well as Sean Mannion, the other backup QB on the roster.)  

Mond actually played fairly well in Minnesota's first preseason game -- he started slow but ended up throwing two TD passes.  But it was against backups.  In the second preseason game on Saturday (again facing second and third-teamers), he was awful.  Threw two picks, both of which were completely his fault.  Just terrible decisions.  So far he's a complete waste of a third round pick.

Edited by Carl Spackler

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I saw him play several times, twice his junior year. His supporting cast made him look great his junior year and exposed him his senior year. He was ignored as a recruit until aggy realized how desperate they were for a QB. At that point, they proclaimed him the greatest QB to come out of Texas HS football and were astonished that he had been ignored.

He’s never been great, but them shitting on him now is classic aggy behavior. 

This is true of almost all of aggy's so-called big recruits and you have to give Jimbo credit: pumping recruits he knows he can bag to the media is something he's at which he's become a master.  When you really look at the numbers, though, it's funny just how mediocre most of the recruits in the their OMG BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN HISTORY are.  They were able to use the momentum from bagging overrated players nobody else wanted to actually get a few players other teams were interested in.

As much as it pains me to say it....it is a brilliant strategy and really their only option.  When you have shit facilities, haven't been relevant in 25 years, aren't selling out your awful stadium, and are a giant question mark both in terms of potential NCAA punishment for NIL violations and very well might be left without a date when the dust settles from conference realignment with our program finally bringing in the Texas-based eyeballs the SEC wants, you do what you have to do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Is there a more appropriate location for a TexMex joint named Gringo's, than College Station?  

They have locations all over Houston. Surely they must realize there's no word that inspires LESS confidence in the quality of Mexican food than "Gringos"? Corny white people don't care though. I believe I'm well-qualified on that subject.

image.png.dee0ec88185ed228f298a9a90b092843.png

Edited by lazygringo
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

They have locations all over Houston. Surely they must realize there's no word that inspires LESS confidence in the quality of Mexican food than "Gringos"? Corny white people don't care though. I believe I'm well-qualified on that subject.

There's a certain type of person that doesn't WANT quality Mexican food.  I can imagine Aggies are over-represented in this arena

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, lazygringo said:

Palabra.

I prefer taquerias with screens on the windows to keep the flies in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Crapinon said:

Billy on ESPNU this morning: "Jimbo, JIMbo, JIMBO! One of the best offensive lines in the SEC! JIMBO!! The offense struggled in scrimmage because our defensive front is the awesomest, bestest, ever. JIMBO! We can go undefeated this year but 10-2 minimum. JIMBO!!! National champion contender next year, book it! And JIMBO!!!!!!!!!"

Aggy gonna say Media not being fair

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A&M has won either seven or eight games for nine straight seasons.

They are the dictionary definition of mediocrity. 

In 2012 aggy finished 3rd... in their DIVISION!!!!!!!!!!

2013- 4th

2014- 6th

2015- 5th

2016- 4th

2017- 5th

2018- 2nd

2019- 4th

2020- 2nd

2021- 5th

2022- most likely 4th or 5th again  

That's 2 banners in 10 years in the books. Put some respek on their name!

Edited by slorch

On 8/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

I’d prefer 11 conference games and 1 G5 (or If you wanted to get nutty and schedule a P5 good for

you) but that’s more aggressive than many could deal with I guess. 
My ideal Texas schedule is:

9 SEC games,

1 from this bucket (home and home or neutral) Michigan, USC, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Minnesota, Ohio State,   Iowa  

1 from this bucket (2/1 if they can behave themselves) Tech, Ok State, SMU, Rice 

1 from this bucket (always at home, always first game of the year): UNT, UTSA, UTEP, TX ST 

Go 8-4 or better against that schedule and you should be a playoff team (assuming we are talking about 8/12/16 team expanded playoffs. 

Aggy fainted at the idea of scheduling like that. 

I like that tOSU, ND or Pedo State is not anywhere in this scenario.

10 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Old sign you were in the right kind of place was if they sold long distance calling cards at the register.

And newspapers/magazines for sale, but only in Spanish.  And Canales gum.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

I’d prefer 11 conference games and 1 G5 (or If you wanted to get nutty and schedule a P5 good for

you) but that’s more aggressive than many could deal with I guess. 
My ideal Texas schedule is:

9 SEC games,

1 from this bucket (home and home or neutral) Michigan, USC, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Minnesota, Ohio State,   Iowa  

1 from this bucket (2/1 if they can behave themselves) Tech, Ok State, SMU, Rice 

1 from this bucket (always at home, always first game of the year): UNT, UTSA, UTEP, TX ST 

Go 8-4 or better against that schedule and you should be a playoff team (assuming we are talking about 8/12/16 team expanded playoffs. 

Aggy fainted at the idea of scheduling like that. 

There were something like 40 teams last season that finished with 4 or fewer losses. I don't care what your strength of schedule is, 8-4 isn't likely to get it done, even with a 16 team format. 

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

There were something like 40 teams last season that finished with 4 or fewer losses. I don't care what your strength of schedule is, 8-4 isn't likely to get it done, even with a 16 team format. 

Maybe. But if there are 2 clear big dog conferences it might. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Evidently they converted Texas A&M's redneck dollars into U.S. dollars and found out bring "redneck rich" isn't the same thing as actually having a lot of money.

So much for "Texas A&M having more money that UT."

But aggys will continue to claim "their sources tell them" they have more money than UT.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/21/2022 at 9:19 PM, Hookem2147 said:

TexAgs remains the only fan site on the internet where the mods and posters have more supposed inside info on other programs than their own program.

Classic loser behavior to act like you know more than you really do