Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

And for those dismissing all the cultural fit stuff, the reason he is code switching is because he knows it will be a factor in recruiting.  I think hes making a mistake because most parents want someone genuine, not pandering.  He's not from the south, I don't know why he would try to pretend to be.  Coaches with southern roots were already going to use his NE background against him, but now all coaches have ammo to point that he is fake and a liar.  "You dont want your kid playing for some bullshit carpetbagger do you?"

The only fix here is for him to come out and say Jamarcus Russell slipped him some kind of purple drink he said was LSU juice at a meet and greet before going out to speak to the crowd.  

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

The only fix here is for him to come out and say Jamarcus Russell slipped him some kind of purple drink he said was LSU juice at a meet and greet before going out to speak to the crowd.  

Brian Kelly rolling up to a recruits house with the window's down playing some Three 6, ..."...sip, sip, sippin' on some sys-urp. Sip, sip, sip, sippin' on some sys-urp..."

9 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Brian Kelly rolling up to a recruits house with the window's down playing some Three 6, ..."...sip, sip, sippin' on some sys-urp. Sip, sip, sip, sippin' on some sys-urp..."

If he wants to impress the Louisiana kids, he'll be listening to Boosie who is actually from Baton Rouge and not a 90s group from Tennessee. 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Is it possible to believe he just won't have much success at LSU AND he's a terrible cultural fit? Because that's where I'm at. The double whammy. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of staff he puts together. All of the ND assistants he invited to follow him to Baton Rouge told him they were content to stay in South Bend. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I wonder if an Irishman can learn to speak coon ass

25248FB9-5618-4609-B8D6-EFC71EBB4506.jpeg

I happen to know one Irishman that did learn to speak coon-ass, only because he grew up in coon-ass land and loved it. Lulz.

He wasn't a yankee-transplant from Tax-achusetts who had a bawh-stun politician father. like Brian Kelly, though. That and that he's an asshole, seem to not be a great fit at lsu, even if he somehow wins.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I felt the same way when we hired Charlie Strong. 

ya boy didn’t have near the track record Kelly has…and he did it rising through different levels of the game.

dude’s won at ever level…2 or 3 losing seasons in his entire career as a head coach.  i can hang with that.

coach potato says wut? 

Edited by Kyrie Eleison

51 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I think it'd be awesome if Brian Kelly starts talking like Ed Orgeron.

He should have just got sloppy drunk before addressing that crowd. They would have embraced that more than the shitty fake accent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

I dunno man. He has gotten smoked in every legit game has has coached. The 2012 NC game is the single worst ass kicking I've watched in 40+ years of football fandom

wait ‘til the second game in DKR next year then get back to me.  

they’re going to set the tone for your arrival into big boy football the following season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

wait ‘til the second game in DKR next year then get back to me.  

they’re going to set the tone for your arrival into big boy football the following season.  

You know I'm an Alabama guy, right.

But please tell me more about big boy football.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

image.jpeg.d44a21c489bacf624876c7d9266a38cb.jpeg
given the fact that the previous 2 coaches who won national championships at LSU were legally retarded, i feel good about the future with Kelly.  

I mean, every single one of their fans is legally retarded. They were a good fit. 

4 hours ago, millhouse said:

Wonder how he pronounces "pecan"

This is true. One of the dead giveaways of someone not from the south, and DEFINITELY not from Texas. My grandmother, a direct descendent of the Old 300, taught us that a peecan is something you keep under the bed. 

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

This is true. One of the dead giveaways of someone not from the south, and DEFINITELY not from Texas. My grandmother, a direct descendent of the Old 300, taught us that a peecan is something you keep under the bed. 

It was something my dad had in the back of the car so we could keep travel stops to a minimum on summer vacations. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

ya boy didn’t have near the track record Kelly has…and he did it rising through different levels of the game.

dude’s won at ever level…2 or 3 losing seasons in his entire career as a head coach.  i can hang with that.

coach potato says wut? 

Kelly is a really high floor guy, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as you are hoping for. 

Edited by Vertigo

Would love for several more Lsu assistants to bolt...  Kelly couldn't get some ND staff to follow..   

"Kelly is adding support staff but still seeking to add assistants after being turned down"

DEC 2, 2021       JOHN BRICE

LSU's Brian Kelly still working to hire coaches, adds son, assistant to off-the-field roles

Brian Kelly's had a tough opening start to his first 72 hours at LSU.

Kelly's unwittingly hired his successor at Notre Dame, Marcus Freeman, and seen his former quarterback-turned-offensive-coordinator, Tommy Rees, make the same decision as Freeman to remain at Notre Dame. Irish defensive line coach Mike Elston likewise has indicated his return to the Notre Dame program – after being in advanced discussions to join Kelly's inaugural Tigers' squad.

But Kelly has made a couple of support staff hires.

Multiple sources confirmed to FootballScoop that Kelly has added his son, Patrick, into an unspecified support staff role within the LSU football program. The younger Kelly also changed a social media account to reflect he had transitioned to “assistant @LSUFootball.”

Most recently, Patrick Kelly had served as a student-assistant coach at Grand Valley State.

Kelly also has moved to bring his former Notre Dame director of football administration, Beth Rex, with him to the Tigers' program. Rex, per sources, is expected to serve in a senior role within Kelly's LSU administrative team.

These moves come as Kelly on Thursday saw Nebraska and coach Scott Frost hire away Mickey Joseph, most recently the Tigers' wide receivers coach and assistant head coach, into a prominent role on Frost's overhauled Cornhuskers' staff.

LSU still has members of its previous staff on the recruiting trail, but timing is a key factor as the NCAA's early signing period opens Dec. 15.

Edited by LTtxfan

21 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i'm cool with it.

he's going to wreck fucking shop, and the salt will really start to flow.

Joe Brady ain't waking through that door. Kelly regularly gets out-coached by the top coaches (See Cincy game this year). Now he's in a league filled with top coaches. Let's see how that works out for him.  He's a fraud, as his exact same canned lines to the players and later at the basketball game demonstrate. He's inauthentic and will become a condescending asshole to the fanbase. It's who he is.

Your optimism is understandable. But it's not based on certainty, only hope. Folks round her been hoping for a long time.

Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-driv

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Joe Brady ain't waking through that door. Kelly regularly gets out-coached by the top coaches (See Cincy game this year). Now he's in a league filled with top coaches. Let's see how that works out for him.  He's a fraud, as his exact same canned lines to the players and later at the basketball game demonstrate. He's inauthentic and will become a condescending asshole to the fanbase. It's who he is.

Your optimism is understandable. But it's not based on certainty, only hope. Folks round her been hoping for a long time.

Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-driv

yeah…but we got 3 skins in the past 20 years.  

i’m cool with my optimism.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1