Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

ND was never going to break the bank.  while they definitely want to win and not lose, they will never sell their souls for it. Its the culture.

they'll just move to the next guy if he doesn't work out.

I did think they'd try to get Fickell though.

14 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

im not going back 6 pages, anyone posted this?  there are a lot of "I's" in this two minute speech 

That’s such a bullshit speech. His whole “My “why” is I came here to develop you as student athletes” is hollow. That was his gig at ND. You don’t drop ND to go to LSU for the challenge of “developing student athletes”. He’s there to cash in and he’s arrogant enough to think he’ll be able to compete against some of the best year over year.  No surprise that LSU players aren’t buying his shit. 

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I think Kelly is going to screw the pooch at LSU. He's not a cultural fit at all. That first team meeting looked like the players were going WTF?

Those players have only known Orgeron. Someone speaking in clear English is probably disorienting. Kelly has a history of winning and he'll probably do fine.

It's taken for granted now, but Saban's robotic malevolence wasn't a good fit for Alabama initially. But they wanted to win and he was a winner. If he drowned bunnies for laughs they would turn a blind eye. 

Texas could take a lesson.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This is very low-level trolling. I guess it's all people have.

Kelly's only role in the fatal scissor lift incident was that he opted to move practice outside on a windy day because he hated the indoor facilities. The follow-up investigations listed numerous concerns related to safety, but the student's direct supervisor was the final decision-making authority on whether or not to use the lifts in high winds. Kelly himself played no role in that.

5 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

This is very low-level trolling. I guess it's all people have.

Kelly's only role in the fatal scissor lift incident was that he opted to move practice outside on a windy day because he hated the indoor facilities. The follow-up investigations listed numerous concerns related to safety, but the student's direct supervisor was the final decision-making authority on whether or not to use the lifts in high winds. Kelly himself played no role in that.

You think the supervisor felt absolutely zero pressure from Kelly to film the practice?

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 3:04 PM, Vertigo said:

Cristobal isn't a very good gameday coach. Riley would chew him up with equal rosters. 

Not with his current roster, and it'll take a few years assuming he's a legit coach on his own without Stoops handing him his players. He's been regressing, and Oregon did beat fOSU at the shoe. Cristobal is a competent enough coach to win right now, and that's what matters  

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The ND players love Freeman and their recruiting has seen an uptick since he arrived last year. 

Either they've found a great young HC to lead them for a while or they fire him after 3-4 years. In this chaotic landscape, it's an interesting hire and I kinda like it. 

Freeman is a rising star. I wonder if he is rising too fast to be fully ready for this role, but this could be a homerun hire if they are patient. 

Always love it when a new coach pretends, with a straight face, that he's there to shape young men and their academic prowess.  

I know we bag on the SEC.  And soon we'll be lumped in the pack of dumbfucks.  But in a league of exceptionally subpar institutions and stupid undergraduate enrollees......LSU is a cut above the rest.  Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, and even Missouri and A&M to an extent.  None of them can hold a candle to the over-glorified junior college academic environment of LSU.  That it's even an accredited 4-year university blows my fucking mind.  

That Kelly can say with a straight face anything he's saying is a testament to his coaching excellence.  He went from a place that hasn't compromised on academic expectations for football in a century to a place where as many as 10 players on his team can spell "academics."  

People in the south, including Texas, have no problem calling out shit by name---no matter how unpopular or uncomfortable it makes some folks.  We just blurt out societal, political, and religious shit as it suits us.  But it's somehow frowned upon in SEC country, to call out stupid people.  LSU is a collection of stupid people.  Most of the SEC, with few exceptions, is a collection of stupid people at stupid institutions governed by stupid leaders in stupid states that do stupid shit to garner favor from stupid officials.  It's no way to run a place.  But here we are.  Don't blame Kelly a bit, he'll probably beat the shit out of us for the foreseeable future because we've made the cardinal sin not to embrace system-wide stupidity.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Always love it when a new coach pretends, with a straight face, that he's there to shape young men and their academic prowess.  

I know we bag on the SEC.  And soon we'll be lumped in the pack of dumbfucks.  But in a league of exceptionally subpar institutions and stupid undergraduate enrollees......LSU is a cut above the rest.  Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, and even Missouri and A&M to an extent.  None of them can hold a candle to the over-glorified junior college academic environment of LSU.  That it's even an accredited 4-year university blows my fucking mind.  

That Kelly can say with a straight face anything he's saying is a testament to his coaching excellence.  He went from a place that hasn't compromised on academic expectations for football in a century to a place where as many as 10 players on his team can spell "academics."  

People in the south, including Texas, have no problem calling out shit by name---no matter how unpopular or uncomfortable it makes some folks.  We just blurt out societal, political, and religious shit as it suits us.  But it's somehow frowned upon in SEC country, to call out stupid people.  LSU is a collection of stupid people.  Most of the SEC, with few exceptions, is a collection of stupid people at stupid institutions governed by stupid leaders in stupid states that do stupid shit to garner favor from stupid officials.  It's no way to run a place.  But here we are.  Don't blame Kelly a bit, he'll probably beat the shit out of us for the foreseeable future because we've made the cardinal sin not to embrace system-wide stupidity.  

1b0d4o.jpg

Meh, I got nothing against 'em.  Just message board smack talk.  Hopefully Kyrie understands that before I get another weird PM from him.  

Shit, I barely believe half the shit I say about OU on here.  

Really the only school in real life I take issue with, and only because I have to deal with these fucking people so often in real life, is A&M.  Then you will know I'm being serious.  I could give fuck one about LSU in any walk of life.  Even in O&G, I just don't meet any of them on the finance side.  Maybe for good reason.  But their alums are usually nice folks that I enjoy drinking with and am really looking forward to a game in Baton Rouge someday soon.  

What will last longer?  The Confederated States (4 years, 3 months) or Brian Kelly's tenure as head coach at LSU?  
Place your bets.  Place your bets.  

Well, neither Jefferson Davis nor Robert E Lee had a 10-year contract worth 17 percent of the school’s endowment before incentives, so I’ll go Kelly.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, tx ind said:

This will probably be unpopular and he does seem like a dick, but that video of him talking to the team seemed like the right thing to do and he addressed his reason for leaving head on.  He could have pulled a Tubberville.

Yeah him talking to the team is better than most coaches do...

Give him a break, guys.  He's clearly just trying to slowly transition the team from being accustomed to Orgeron-speak, to normal speech.  You can't do that suddenly, it has to be gradual.

In a couple of years he'll sound like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting, but it requires baby steps.

I think Kelly is going to screw the pooch at LSU. He's not a cultural fit at all. That first team meeting looked like the players were going WTF?

He's a fucking asshole. He's a perfect SEC fit and will wreck shop with the recruits that will fall in his lap. Enough with the cultural fit nonsense.
  • Hook 'Em 6

39 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

He's a fucking asshole. He's a perfect SEC fit and will wreck shop with the recruits that will fall in his lap. Enough with the cultural fit nonsense.

Yea, all this cultural fit stuff is completely overblown.  The Irish new englander chose to get in front of a crowd and foghorn leghorn his way through his introductory speech for completely different reasons. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Man,

I'm probably gonna be proven wrong, but Brian Kelly seems like a bad hire for Lsu...  😬

I think he’s a great hire…

I will caveat that by pointing out that if I were to post a bettors guide for football each week and you bet against my picks, you’d be rich after 3-4 years.

Edited by lilMAC25