Charles Maund (of Charles Maund Toyota) indicted in murder-for-hire plot

shadow_operative

I stumbled across this article over the weekend about people that try hiring a hitman online using the website hireahitman.com. It sounds too stupid to be true but apparently this broad is getting sentenced in January. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/rent-a-hitman-wendy-wein-murder-for-hire-sting-operation-1066756/

• Haha 1

That is some next level desperation to pay 750k to murder two people in a scheme involving multiple actors all because you're afraid of it becoming known that you have a side piece.  I think I see a simpler way out of that where you're free to fuck as many side pieces as you want.....

• Hook 'Em 5

The indictment lists Peled as a former member of the Israeli Defense Forces, and the owner of Speartip Security, a security services company based in Austin.

Brockway, the indictment says, is a former U.S. Marine. He also owns a security company, Ink Force LLC.

Carey was also a former Marine and contractor for security companies within the private sector.

Recent Google reviews for Speartip Security appeared to show reviews from Erik Maund and Brockway.

A review under the name Erik Maund from Tuesday, Dec. 7, read, "Speartip is very professional and on top of it. They get the job done in an expedited time. Couldn't imagine using anyone else!!"

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

That is some next level desperation to pay 750k to murder two people in a scheme involving multiple actors all because you're afraid of it becoming known that you have a side piece.  I think I see a simpler way out of that where you're free to fuck as many side pieces as you want.....

Didn't want to end up like Zork I imagine

I mean, I know this nation is getting more stupid by the minute.  But I'm reading stories today of Power Point presentations on how to overthrow governments and google reviews left by people attempting to hire hitmen for money.  I can only assume people are now asking for notarized receipts during drug deals.  What the fuck people? 

12 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah, not shit, what a stupid thing to do.  Aside from getting caught, you also set yourself up for being extorted by the guys who did it.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I mean, I know this nation is getting more stupid by the minute.  But I'm reading stories today of Power Point presentations on how to overthrow governments and google reviews left by people attempting to hire hitmen for money.  I can only assume people are now asking for notarized receipts during drug deals.  What the fuck people? 

Attempting? Seems like he was pretty successful at it. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Leaving that review is really fucking bizarre. Wire transfer is fucking idiotic as well.  

Possible that Maund only wanted GF and her BF intimidated and then these morons end up killing them? Spearpoint guys  don't tell Maund they're dead but claim the security firm needs continued payments in order to prevent further extortion?  

It was either wire transfer or, "I can pay you with unlimited car washes and oil changes on any of our luxury pre-owned program vehicles.  I know this sounds a lot like the plot of a 'Fargo' sequel, but I can throw in undercoating and better rims.  That's not a prison joke, I'm totally serious."  

44 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I stumbled across this article over the weekend about people that try hiring a hitman online using the website hireahitman.com. It sounds too stupid to be true but apparently this broad is getting sentenced in January. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/rent-a-hitman-wendy-wein-murder-for-hire-sting-operation-1066756/

This is why you want to keep your murder for hire old school and place a wanted ad in the newspaper.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Btw Perry Minton also represented that Austin jeweler's son  who paid some friends to murder his parents back in 2018. The son got 35 years in August. 

That’s quite an old Austin team. Perry’s dad, Roy, was a legendary attorney and power broker in Austin. 

Worst car dealership in Austin.  Sleazy, unethical, stupid people.

A couple of years ago, I took my wife’s Sequoia in for annual maintenance since I’d just bought a truck from there. It’s a ‘12 but has 60K miles. Not even broken in by Toyota standards.

When I went to pick it up, the service guy comes out and says it has a head gasket leak, hands me a quote for $3,500, and asks when I’d like to schedule the work. I asked him to show me the leak. Fucker looked like I’d just slapped him across the face. He said they’d cleaned it up. I said show me where you cleaned. It should be nice and shiny. He said never mind and walked away. A quick Google showed that’s a pretty common scam at multiple Toyota dealerships. I’ll never go back there because of that BS.
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

A couple of years ago, I took my wife’s Sequoia in for annual maintenance since I’d just bought a truck from there. It’s a ‘12 but has 60K miles. Not even broken in by Toyota standards.

When I went to pick it up, the service guy comes out and says it has a head gasket leak, hands me a quote for $3,500, and asks when I’d like to schedule the work. I asked him to show me the leak. Fucker looked like I’d just slapped him across the face. He said they’d cleaned it up. I said show me where you cleaned. It should be nice and shiny. He said never mind and walked away. A quick Google showed that’s a pretty common scam at multiple Toyota dealerships. I’ll never go back there because of that BS.

yet you weren't shot and crashed into a tree to disguise the cause of death. but still you complain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had them searching for a 2015 4Runner that we wanted to take on vacation, and they couldn't find anything in time.  Meanwhile, Bastrop Toyota called and said they had one on a boat that more or less fit what we wanted, so we pulled the trigger and put down some money.  A few hours later Maund calls and says "we found one that's close and it will be on our lot in two days".  I asked them to send me the paperwork -- same vehicle (same VIN).  They tried to snake a deal away from another dealership.

Later on, we stupidly took the 4Runner to Maund for routine warranty maintenance.  The technician failed to secure the plug underneath the vehicle and it dumped 6 quarts of oil along a few miles of 183 before the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and my wife pulled over.

What a dumbass! He gave a a google review for one of the alleged killer’s security services company? 

The indictment lists Peled as a former member of the Israeli Defense Forces, and the owner of Speartip Security, a security services company based in Austin.

Brockway, the indictment says, is a former U.S. Marine. He also owns a security company, Ink Force LLC.

Carey was also a former Marine and contractor for security companies within the private sector.

Recent Google reviews for Speartip Securityappeared to show reviews from Erik Maund and Brockway.

A review under the name Erik Maund from Tuesday, Dec. 7, read, "Speartip is very professional and on top of it. They get the job done in an expedited time. Couldn't imagine using anyone else!!"

• Hook 'Em 1