Charles Maund (of Charles Maund Toyota) indicted in murder-for-hire plot

shadow_operative

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I dunno about Austin, but the story I heard growing up in dfw was that the metroplex mafia families used car dealerships as their fronts. WO bankston was one for sure, can’t remember others. 

The Mafia is not nearly clever enough to figure out how to wash money using a domiciled in-house financing cash systems.  After the 1970's...it would blow you away how fucking stupid the Italian Cosa Nostra was.  I mean like legit mentally retarded.  Beyond fucking stupid.  They inherited a fool-proof system and managed to fuck if up to where it not only lost money, got them sent to prison, but it also made it so they killed each other so we wouldn't have to do it for 'em.  Literally the dumbest fucking "white people" in U.S. History were the Italians in 1980's United States.  If I sound racially insensitive, let me repeat, Italians are fucking stupid.  That they get to call themselves a part of any race is an offense to every single fucking race on the face of God's Green Earth.  

Read in one article that Erik used a company phone other than his to contact her that he was coming into town. Dude has monet, get a rando burner phone, dumbass.

I'm sure his defense attorney is going to say he had nothing to do with requesting they be murdered but the 750,000 and his being a tightwad and using a company phone means there is probably evidence he did.

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The Mafia is not nearly clever enough to figure out how to wash money using a domiciled in-house financing cash systems.  After the 1970's...it would blow you away how fucking stupid the Italian Cosa Nostra was.  I mean like legit mentally retarded.  Beyond fucking stupid.  They inherited a fool-proof system and managed to fuck if up to where it not only lost money, got them sent to prison, but it also made it so they killed each other so we wouldn't have to do it for 'em.  Literally the dumbest fucking "white people" in U.S. History were the Italians in 1980's United States.  If I sound racially insensitive, let me repeat, Italians are fucking stupid.  That they get to call themselves a part of any race is an offense to every single fucking race on the face of God's Green Earth.  

That doesn't keep folks from trying to pull it off, though ...

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/bart-reagor-found-guilty-making-false-statement-bank-reports-say

https://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/reagor-dykes-auto-group-timeline-and-how-the-wheels-fell-off

https://kfyo.com/bart-reagor-proclaims-his-innocence-on-facebook/

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Holy shit. I was friends with his daughter back in the day. 

edit: I guess it’s actually my friend’s older brother. 

I don't get it. Were you friends with a guy or a girl? Were they related to Charles Maund?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I stumbled across this article over the weekend about people that try hiring a hitman online using the website hireahitman.com. It sounds too stupid to be true but apparently this broad is getting sentenced in January. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/rent-a-hitman-wendy-wein-murder-for-hire-sting-operation-1066756/

Shark Tank Writing GIF

I still can't wrap my head around the extortion attempt and the subsequent double murder. Why wouldn't you just either a) call the guy's bluff and deal with the consequences with your wife/family if your shit got put on blast or b) pay him off for far less money than it would have cost to have two people whacked without the risk of going to prison for the rest of your life? Surely there's more here than we're being told....the only way that response makes any sense proportionally is if there was criminal conduct involved on the part of Maund that risked being exposed by the two dead victims.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

racist comedy central GIF

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I still can't wrap my head around the extortion attempt and the subsequent double murder. Why wouldn't you just either a) call the guy's bluff and deal with the consequences with your wife/family if your shit got put on blast or b) pay him off for far less money than it would have cost to have two people whacked without the risk of going to prison for the rest of your life? Surely there's more here than we're being told....the only way that response makes any sense proportionally is if there was criminal conduct involved on the part of Maund that risked being exposed by the two dead victims.

More money than brain cells coupled with some latent sociopathy?

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I take it you don’t like the Dutch?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Whatsa matter you..... gotta no respect.... aw shaddup you face

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

The Italians just needed more juice. 

Edited by Anastasis

Shouldn't the victims have said, "And if anything happens to us, my attorney will go to a safe deposit box in an undisclosed location and remove the dossier we've placed there for safekeeping. He will then hand over that dossier to a trusted reporter, and all your little secrets will be exposed...."

Maybe for once these are two people who did not watch enough TV. 

I seriously doubt these…

Image.jpeg

have the mental wherewithal to come up with this…

"And if anything happens to us, my attorney will go to a safe deposit box in an undisclosed location and remove the dossier we've placed there for safekeeping. He will then hand over that dossier to a trusted reporter, and all your little secrets will be exposed...."

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

A couple of years ago, I took my wife’s Sequoia in for annual maintenance since I’d just bought a truck from there. It’s a ‘12 but has 60K miles. Not even broken in by Toyota standards.

When I went to pick it up, the service guy comes out and says it has a head gasket leak, hands me a quote for $3,500, and asks when I’d like to schedule the work. I asked him to show me the leak. Fucker looked like I’d just slapped him across the face. He said they’d cleaned it up. I said show me where you cleaned. It should be nice and shiny. He said never mind and walked away. A quick Google showed that’s a pretty common scam at multiple Toyota dealerships. I’ll never go back there because of that BS.

Clearly he didn’t know your name was Cooter.
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, used2b said:

I can't get over that there are multiple professional hitmen with companies who are former military. And why did he need 3 of them?

He's a car salesman.  Do you even "Volume", bro?  HE'S NOT GONNA BE UNDERSOLD, DAN! 

Edited by Lobo

9 hours ago, used2b said:

I can't get over that there are multiple professional hitmen with companies who are former military. And why did he need 3 of them?

If I had to pick people from my past who might've become hitmen, the top 137 guesses would be Marines.

Edited by Your Mom
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DanRydell said:

So how much money exactly is there in owning a car dealership if a guy who only partially owns one can casually throw $750k around?

Well he's definitely surly 1%, his house is right off the 6th tee at the Austin Country Club. Lucky sperm club indeed.

Screenshot (150).png

• Hook 'Em 1