Charles Maund (of Charles Maund Toyota) indicted in murder-for-hire plot

shadow_operative

21 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The indictment lists Peled as a former member of the Israeli Defense Forces, and the owner of Speartip Security, a security services company based in Austin.

Brockway, the indictment says, is a former U.S. Marine. He also owns a security company, Ink Force LLC.

Carey was also a former Marine and contractor for security companies within the private sector.

Odds that these people subscribe to Soldier of Fortune

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

If you cross us, you'll die.  We guarantee it.

image.png.be977de711713b8bfeb11af529b0e9ef.png

Yeah.. Charles Maund dude.. probably a reason he's not on the Austin commercials anymore.  Not going CR, just google Randy Knaps and you can decide.  Still like the chica though.  (And they got rid of the barking dog at the end, bastards!)

39 minutes ago, Paco said:
1 hour ago, royiv said:
Can you add annoying Mitsubishi guy to that list?

You shut your whore mouth! Scott Elder is a DEALER FOR THE PEOPLE

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

How shitty is Mitsubishi that they let Scott Elder have a dealership?

I'd like to tell him where he should put that pickle.  

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

I can't get someone to even quote a smaller metal barn, and this guy finds 3 dudes willing to travel, kidnap, and murder. What is he using: NextDoor, Angie's List? 

There are huge supply chain gluts for materials needed for a metal barn, and massive labor shortages with which to build it.  

There are no shortages of people who others want dead.  And people who can make that happen.  In fact, the pools of both have never been larger. 

There's an "international security" firm here in Austin, well funded.  Primarily former officers-mainly Navy and Army, couple NCO's.  Only takes until about the 3rd or 4th date , they'll make it known they can do wet-work for low-visibility "targets."  

Growing up, I loved watching assassin movies.  Then I got older and realized, "There can't be a bunch of these guys roaming the globe killing well known targets because we'd hear about all these strange deaths of known politicians, billionaires, celebrities, et. al.  Their work might be anonymous but the deaths/disappearances can't be.  Every time an upper-middle class, remotely attractive person goes missing or dies...it's on cable news for 3 weeks." 

What I really didn't realize is there's not work like that.  There is absolutely a market, though, for potential targets way, way down the pecking order.  There is a big cottage industry of firms that hide in plain sight that will kill an ex-lover, a shitty business partner, someone shaking you down for blackmail money, a relative whom you stand to inherit money from, et. al.  

One of them is even raising a Series B round right now. 

6 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I guess I missed how all this unraveled? Was it that the hit team was recognized on tape? That seems like a long shot given the crime was in TN....Or did they get a license plate or something?

The articles (authorities) haven’t said. But I am guessing when the bodies were found LE went thru cell phones of the victims and emails etc…probably saw the boyfriend was blackmailing Mr Toyota. Obviously LE found out about all the hit man and assassins a while back (bc they have been monitoring them) and kept it all quiet. FBI involved bc of the travel across state lines. The articles did say that Carey (hit man) was nabbed last week so maybe he’s talked a bit? 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, wood said:

That dealership has always been crooked AF. Not at all surprised by this shit.

My one experience with them was super shady. I took my Tacoma there for a recall inspection that was required to be done by a dealership. Afterward they mentioned a few things that needed to be fixed (water pump had an "aggressive leak", hoses needed replacing, etc.) and of course they had a quote ready to go when they told me that. 

I told them not to do it, that I'd have my regular shop check it out. Afterward I called up my regular shop and told them what Charles Maund had said and asked them if they'd take a look at it the next day. I also asked them what it would cost to do all of the work Maund said needed to be done, and their estimate was 35% less than Maund.

The next day they took a look and confirmed that none of the work needed to be done. In fact, none of it has yet been needed 4.5 years later. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

My one experience with them was super shady. I took my Tacoma there for a recall inspection that was required to be done by a dealership. Afterward they mentioned a few things that needed to be fixed (water pump had an "aggressive leak", hoses needed replacing, etc.) and of course they had a quote ready to go when they told me that. 

I told them not to do it, that I'd have my regular shop check it out. Afterward I called up my regular shop and told them what Charles Maund had said and asked them if they'd take a look at it the next day. I also asked them what it would cost to do all of the work Maund said needed to be done, and their estimate was 35% less than Maund.

The next day they took a look and confirmed that none of the work needed to be done. In fact, none of it has yet been needed 4.5 years later. 

I was once told my penis had an "aggressive leak".   It's normal.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, KaiserSoze said:

72910175.jpg

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, KaiserSoze said:

Yeah we bought a car from them before we knew about their rep. They tried to sell us a car for like $6k more than what they had it advertised for on the web. We were pissed when we looked it up & found out the true price, but we took it anyway because at that price, it was a very good deal. They put on a big act like they had no idea, but they were terrible actors.  I've since heard all kinds of horror stories about their service dept, including one where a lady took her car in for an oil change. They drained it, then told her it was ready. She picked it up, and only made it a little way down the road before it done blow't up. Of course, they claimed no responsibility & said it was her fault.

• Rage+1 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, gsoda3 said:

i'm not admitting to knowing the going rate for murder but $750,000 for a hit seems high.  

Do you have any idea what kind of high pressure add ons hitmen finance departments have? It is murderous.

He probably should've paid for the 'Wolf' package in hindsight.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

31 minutes ago, fluff said:

I would like to emphasize the NO of the first part of this question.  She did have Pat Green play at her 18th birthday party which was fun.

Are these hitmen still available?  And does anyone have Pat Green's home address?  Asking for a friend.  

The headlines on their website are completely different, but the headlines in the Austin American-Statesman have been hilarious.

On Tuesday, it was "Auto Executive Accused in Deaths" over a picture of a wrecked car.  The implication being that a car dealer had sold a piece of shit car that had killed someone.  Or perhaps he had gotten drunk and hit another car.  Not that he had hired a fucking hitman to kill two people.

On Wednesday, it was "Indictment Details Allegations Against Local Man."  No shit--you couldn't get a more generic headline if you tried.

I can only assume it's because Charles Maund is a big advertiser or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

The headlines on their website are completely different, but the headlines in the Austin American-Statesman have been hilarious.

On Tuesday, it was "Auto Executive Accused in Deaths" over a picture of a wrecked car.  The implication being that a car dealer had sold a piece of shit car that had killed someone.  Or perhaps he had gotten drunk and hit another car.  Not that he had hired a fucking hitman to kill two people.

On Wednesday, it was "Indictment Details Allegations Against Local Man."  No shit--you couldn't get a more generic headline if you tried.

Back in the paper newspaper days the statesman never said jack shit about local car dealerships and large department stores no matter what happened there because those were its single biggest advertisers. Not sure how much that’s changed but it’s probably part of their DNA still. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Following precedent and AP Style.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

and insurgents in the middle east. There is a reason all those assholes drive 2nd hand tacomas.

It would make for a helluva advertising campaign, because a lot of guys would go "okay, wow, they are on to something if those trucks are that durable and easy to repair and keep going", but there's just no way Toyota could lean into that.

You gotta be pretty stubborn to go through life pretending Chevrolet makes a truck better than Toyota.  To each his own.

So serious question---when a car dealer pays $750k to the hitmen...does he have to use their in-house financing or can he bring in outside capital?  And what is the Loaner situation ? 

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You gotta be pretty stubborn to go through life pretending Chevrolet makes a truck better than Toyota.  To each his own.

So serious question---when a car dealer pays $750k to the hitmen...does he have to use their in-house financing or can he bring in outside capital?  And what is the Loaner situation ? 

With respect to the truck, it’s all about image. Better has nothing to do with it. The Japanese never figured that out when it came to trucks in merica. Maybe because it wouldn’t have mattered anyway but they could have at least tried. 

As far as the big payment, I don’t pay for hits but my non expert knowledge says 750k is way way high. I actually remotely and vaguely knew this guy way back when and the whole thing seems really bizarre. 

• Haha 1