The Most Nicholas Cage Movie Ever

bschoolprof

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I thought the answer was going to be  Knowing

I watched that piece of shit movie the week I moved back from KC to Austin. 

a movie where Nick Cage tries to save the world where the end result is EVERYONE ON THE WHOLE EARTH FUCKING DIES except like 12 kids. 

So the exact opposite of the last aggy bonfire?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Nic Cage is having a very, very amazing Third Act. You can't manufacture this sort of organic rising which makes me think that there is some good will and love for the guy in the business and by fans (a la Keanu Reeves and his grass roots PR machine that went haywire the last few years).

I predict he’s going to show up in John Wick 12 and I’m going to freak the fuck out 

38 minutes ago, MonkeyCigarette said:

Nic Cage is having a very, very amazing Third Act. You can't manufacture this sort of organic rising which makes me think that there is some good will and love for the guy in the business and by fans (a la Keanu Reeves and his grass roots PR machine that went haywire the last few years).

Perfectly said. Flawed as Nic Cage is movies need this right now. A little bit of nostalgia a little bit of something different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Perfectly said. Flawed as Nic Cage is movies need this right now. A little bit of nostalgia a little bit of something different. 

And we are all here for it. I think this all started in earnest (from what I can tell) with his take on the multiverse Spiderman back in 2018 which was a sleeper hit for a comic book movie not done by Marvel and animation movie not done by Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks.

Edited by MonkeyCigarette
  • Hook 'Em 1

And we are all here for it. I think this all started in earnest (from what I can tell) with his take on the multiverse Spiderman back in 2018 which was a sleeper hit for a comic book movie not done by Marvel and animation movie not done by Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks.

That’s the greatest superhero movie ever made. Live action or animated.

On 12/15/2021 at 8:35 PM, MonkeyCigarette said:

I think he just likes making shit movies.  I don't know if he owns a production company or something, but he's got good films out there well before Into the Spiderverse but they are surrounded lots of shit movies.  He clearly likes doing them for whatever reason, and it's can't be money related because those movies aren't making anything.  He'd be better off financially selecting his scripts and being thought of as a good actor (which he is) than just doing ridiculous movies all the time.

• 3 weeks later...