2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

23 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I love it when they show 2-3 models and one of them is waaaaay off but people like to remember that one.  Like spaghetti models...  IAN IS GOING TO HIT WACO!!!!!

I just let my daughter draw the rain coming out our way right on the TV with her crayola markers.  Makes her feel important.  hasn't worked in almost 40 days though sweetheart!  Current projections has rain hitting right as RHCP hit the stage Sunday night.  Perfect.  

Even my weeds are burning up and I'm losing tree limbs left and right.  And not because it's Autumn.

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Got almost 1.5” in… 20 minutes this morning ?  Just dumped on our area. 

There was a pocket of wet road in round rock/Georgetown on my drive home last night. Then my kid’s soccer practice was cancelled due to lighting that was east of us so hutto/manor.  A precious few got some rain yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was a pocket of wet road in round rock/Georgetown on my drive home last night. Then my kid’s soccer practice was cancelled due to lighting that was east of us so hutto/manor.  A precious few got some rain yesterday. 

In Seabrook here. We had a quick sprinkle out of no where last night then the downpour this morning. Of course the roof on our production building wasn’t planned to go back on until Friday 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I seeded Bermuda on Saturday so this helps. How many days in a row do I need to water to get the seeds to sprout? Can I miss any days? Just curious as I would like to avoid fines for watering on non-watering days.

Seeds really need watering twice a day for a couple of weeks. Best of luck. 

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I seeded Bermuda on Saturday so this helps. How many days in a row do I need to water to get the seeds to sprout? Can I miss any days? Just curious as I would like to avoid fines for watering on non-watering days.

If you're crafty I doubt you'll get caught.

• Like 1

Shit, there's tornado watch tomorrow 'cause of this shit?  Driest fucking October in 100 years and possibly deadly tornadoes, what a wonderful fucking fall!  Well at least we're looking at a steady rainfall for basically all daylight hours tomorrow adding up to 1-1.5"

56 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, there's tornado watch tomorrow 'cause of this shit?  Driest fucking October in 100 years and possibly deadly tornadoes, what a wonderful fucking fall!  Well at least we're looking at a steady rainfall for basically all daylight hours tomorrow adding up to 1-1.5"

Eh, pretty normal pattern. October front giving parts of Texas a 2% chance of Tornadoes with straight line winds being the primary threat from NWS is just plain ole fall weather.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/17/2022 at 10:46 AM, Bevo said:

Are manual sprinklers permitted or do I need to get a nozzle and stand out there with the hose?

Just get a beer in the other hand so even if someone complains, you have photographic evidence that you didn’t realize you may have violated wagering restrictions.   

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I mean I doubt there's already one. Could end up needing one tomorrow night, though, especially for east and southeast Texas.

3 hours ago, boknowstecmo said:

Cold front plus remnants of Hurricane Roslyn means we'll likely get rain tomorrow, possibly even something fierce. Can't wait.

For Austin? Looks like we are on the edge of the heavy stuff from what I saw, but 0.5" possible. At least it shows 100% chance of rain. That can never be wrong... right?