2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

We had an intense but quick line of storms come through here in NW Travis.  About 15 minutes of the strongest stuff which was heavy rain and strong winds.  .5" of rain and probably still a little more but for the most part it's past and on its way to Austin and Round Rock.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm slightly ashamed to admit I laughed when they announced a tornado warning for Jarrell.  Jeez, what is it about that town?

Also, WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF FIRE STATION WINDOWS THAT WERE BLOWN OUT NEAR JARRELL.  I’M NOWHERE NEAR JARRELL BUT CHANNEL 36 TV GUY SAID WE GOT TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THEM. NOT SURE HOW FAR GLASS TRAVELS, BUT BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

.75” here in 78717

Same here. Considering the model runs they were showing yesterday, that's great. And with the wind and low humidity, all the flat surfaces are pretty much dry already.

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Love that aggy admins let those students camp out for tickets knowing shit was going to be real

They were going to make a list of everyone in line and send them home but for some reason that didn't work out 

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'm slightly ashamed to admit I laughed when they announced a tornado warning for Jarrell.  Jeez, what is it about that town?

On 10/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, Js1 said:

When God and nature keeps sending a message, you should listen.  Just like New Orleans. 

Due to the constraints of having children in a split custody situation, I bought in Jarrell last year. I've had 2 close calls in less than a year, and hoping that we don't have another tomorrow.

• Like 1