Marvel's Moon Knight on Disney+

mdmost

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

Was golden man a statue in episode 1, or we just didn’t notice he was alive?

golden man was a alive.. steven gave him a sandwich and had people tip him.

lol i hope he does some save the day thing...

id be like " oh shyt! golden statue guy!" 

• Haha 1

Episode 2 was good, still shocked by some of the love for it so far.  I guess it caught us off guard bc most of his didn't know what to expect....since most had never heard of him lol. 

Only thing shitty about Disney+ series is that the seasons are too short...by the time the season gets hot...it ends.  I always want moar.  This one is only 6....I swear they get shorter and shorter

Edited by utxmike05

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Like wtf with the goldfish?

mark lost the goldfish on friday so had to get a new one on saturday which is why on sunday when steven is in the fish shop the clerk says he'd been in there the day before. 

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

mark lost the goldfish on friday so had to get a new one on saturday which is why on sunday when steven is in the fish shop the clerk says he'd been in there the day before. 

*Steven

And it's Marc with captions on (I'm getting old)

57 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

golden man was a alive.. steven gave him a sandwich and had people tip him.

lol i hope he does some save the day thing...

id be like " oh shyt! golden statue guy!" 

I remember that but I just thought that was part of his crazy. 

21 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Episode 2 was good, still shocked by some of the love for it so far.  I guess it caught us off guard bc most of his didn't know what to expect....since most had never heard of him lol. 

Only thing shitty about Disney+ series is that the seasons are too short...by the time the season gets hot...it ends.  I always want moar.  This one is only 6....I swear they get shorter and shorter

They are just setting the stage for the new round of Avengers movies. That’s where the big money is. 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have tried to follow along, but admittedly, am very confused. Will be waiting for the rest of this to air, and then will binge.  I think it might make more sense then.

watch the easter egg youtube recaps

it helps

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe it’s intentionally vague so far, but is the  crux of the situation that the moon god chose an avatar that has multiple personalities?  And his suit changes to reflect each personality?  Which means there should be at least one other iteration of the suit. 

Spoiler

If the moon god is imprisoned in stone, doesn't that mean that Mark or Steven or personality behind door #3 loses their power? So, no more suit for anybody?

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:
  Hide contents

If the moon god is imprisoned in stone, doesn't that mean that Mark or Steven or personality behind door #3 loses their power? So, no more suit for anybody?

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Hide contents

so I’m guessing with the moon god trapped in stone, Marc/Steven won’t be able to summon the suit?

Spoiler

I don't think so.  The antagonist has powers even though his god is imprisoned.  I think the avatars have a modicum of free will/agency/independence.  Hence the Spawn vibe I mentioned earlier.

6 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bruh. lol what just happened haha 

I’m thinking hippo chick the one that helped Marc find the star map?? 

that last part came outta no where 

Hippo is Taweret.  Goddess of fertility and childbirth.

Did you forget you Egyptian gods and goddesses?

FQxkbboVsAAQDUZ?format=jpg

yall need to watch the many youtube recap shows. they go into detail to explain all the symbolism and story lines.

one of the main storylines in this series is to show that gods are basically dicks and don't care about their subjects. which is lead in to Thor and Gorr the God Butcher. which in the comics is reason why Thor becomes unworthy to wield Mil...Mjil...Mjorni...that Hammer, because Gorr was right all along. Gods are vain dicks.

not saying you can't enjoy the Marvel movies but to full enjoy them, you have to dig a little deeper into the greater contexts to the immediate show. marvel shows pay homages to comic storylines and base some of the plots on those story lines but with a twist to make them fresh stories. i used to read comics when i was a kid but most of these story lines are after i stopped reading. the youtube videos are great at learning about subplots and important shit.

Emergency Awesome is a great channel. he's pretty damn knowledgeable about all Marvel and Star Wars content. below is the recap to Ep4. shit contains spoilers, obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1