Marvel's Moon Knight on Disney+

mdmost

Oscar Isaac as Marc Spector. Gets us closer to Daredevil and others from the Netflix Marvel shows rejoining the MCU again as the Marvel Knights was MK, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and others. The Punisher went up against them. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I know the Avengers movies and Black Panther killed it, but is this next generation (or whatever they call it) still bringing in the viewers at the same rate?

Spider-Man No Way Home - #4 with over $698 million domestic ($1.6 billion worldwide)
Shang-Chi - #28 with over $224 million domestic ($417 million worldwide)
Black Widow - #37 with over $183 million domestic ($375 worldwide)
Eternals - #42 with over $164 million domestic ($399 million worldwide)

Except for Spider-Man, this phase of movies currently only ranks above CA: TFA and The Incredible Hulk in terms of worldwide box office.  But the issue is almost always going to be:  COVID, streaming options and that it's nearly impossible to top the last few years of movies (End Game, Infinity War, Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, GotG2, Captain Marvel).  *Personally,* I only saw 2 of those 4 movies in theaters - Spider-Man and Black Widow.  I waited until Shang-Chi and Eternals hit Disney+. 

It's a weird time where the TV shows seem to be more critically acclaimed than all but 1 post-End Game movie.  But the TV shows didn't require going to a movie theater during COVID.  

A lot of production delays and release date pushbacks too, but Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever are going to make sick bank in 2022. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Anyone watch this yet.  I watched the first one and I think I liked it but it’s definitely confusing since I really don’t know this character or the back story.

Right there with you.  I’m coming into this cold. It was interesting, but I am clueless as to what is really going on.   

What are your opinions of the second episode? Oh, that's right. It hasn't been released yet, and all your fantasies of being cool are relegated to just being another cog in the machine. You are not unique. You are merely a machine designed to make money for your Disney overlords. And, oh, how you and you kind make them money. At this point in time you are beginning to feel ashamed. You've been duped. And you've also read far too far into a nonsensical post about something or other that I can't even remember what I am talking about.

Edit: I'm also an idiot, so none of that is likely true. 

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

I’m sure my wife’s great grandfather would appreciate Marvel’s propaganda. He had his throat slit on a roadside during the fake genocide.

Of course I watched all the Easter egg videos I could and I’m still somewhat confused. Honestly I love it when I watch a show like this and it takes some concentration.

Can I just pay upfront for a lifetime D+ sub?

• Hook 'Em 1

I know this one at least initially is supposed to be insulated a little from the main MCU, but there were posters up for the post blip relocation / rehome for all the dusted people that came back. But the Ethan character didn’t mention the snap with the holocaust. Is he team Thanos was (half) right?

A2435068-0728-49C1-B2B4-8C9C0B786AAF.jpeg

shit is about to get real confusing in the MCU with Celestials, Eternals, Deviants, Gods, and Gorr the God Butcher. as a kid, i remember getting way too confused with all the super beings of who was what and who is responsible for what. add the introduction of mutants in the MCU and it's about to be really crazy.  

but i knew nothing about Moon Knight. i'm very interested to see where Marvel takes this character.