Andy Reid

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Piece of shit parent, great coach. Those probably go together more often than not.

I agree with the second sentence.  College and professional coaches are probably a lot like military fathers who are absent from home a lot, maybe even more.   "Piece of shit" might be harsh, but they spend a hell of a lot more time with their jobs than they're families, more so than the American working professional.

But what's unique about Reid?  I know his son's addiction and death were widely publicized, but that happens to even the best of parents.  Could happen to you and me.  Is there something more to it?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

I agree with the second sentence.  College and professional coaches are probably a lot like military fathers who are absent from home a lot, maybe even more.   "Piece of shit" might be harsh, but they spend a hell of a lot more time with their jobs than they're families, more so than the American working professional.

But what's unique about Reid?  I know his son's addiction and death were widely publicized, but that happens to even the best of parents.  Could happen to you and me.  Is there something more to it?

One died of an OD and another got hammered at the Chiefs facility and got in a wreck that left a 5yo with a traumatic brain injury. 

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

One died of an OD and another got hammered at the Chiefs facility and got in a wreck that left a 5yo with a traumatic brain injury. 

Andy Reid is a bad parent because two of his five children have had substance issues.

I don't know Andy Reid, but I know plenty of people with substance issues...  some had bad fathers.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Andy Reid is a bad parent because two of his five children have had substance issues.

I don't know Andy Reid, but I know plenty of people with substance issues...  some had bad fathers.

But this is the internet and we deal in extreme statements at other people’s expense. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wont pretend to know whether Reid is a good parent or a bad parent. Not everyone whose life spirals out of control due to substance abuse issues ended up that way due to bad parenting. Interestingly, I was just looking at his wiki page, and according to that he and his family are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints. I didnt know that. 

which matchup does Surly want? 

KC - SF (rematch of 2019 Superbowl)

KC-LA Rams

Cincy - SF (rematch of 1981/1988 Superbowl)

Cincy - LA Rams 

I'd like to see Bengals - SF .  I soured on the Rams just because of that BS taunting penalty on Suh after he was clearly kicked by Stafford. That led to a first down and a TD. Unearned 7 points and momentum boost. So I can't respect that Rams victory.  An SF NFC title would boost the argument that Dallas lost to very good team, which they did. SF DBs are playing at a very very high level, choking routes, very well coached.  Would love to hire their DB coach as UT DC!! 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I think enabling Britt to a point where he was able to get shitfaced at work is questionable parenting.

You never been shitfaced at work? Never drank (a lot) at a work function?  Andy Reid wasn't pouring the drinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

which matchup does Surly want? 

KC - SF (rematch of 2019 Superbowl)

KC-LA Rams

Cincy - SF (rematch of 1981/1988 Superbowl)

Cincy - LA Rams 

I'd like to see Bengals - SF .  I soured on the Rams just because of that BS taunting penalty on Suh after he was clearly kicked by Stafford. That led to a first down and a TD. Unearned 7 points and momentum boost. So I can't respect that Rams victory.  An SF NFC title would boost the argument that Dallas lost to very good team, which they did. SF DBs are playing at a very very high level, choking routes, very well coached.  Would love to hire their DB coach as UT DC!! 

Chefs / 9ers would be the preference... EXCEPT I think Janine Garofalo is whack and unlikely to help the team keep up.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, 4th&Five said:

Don't forget about Britt pointing a gun in a man's face in a road rage incident. That happened around the same time he was running a drug ring from Andy's basement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, Underdog said:

“I can’t respect that Rams victory”.  LMAO.  I’m sure they’re broken hearted you don’t respect their win... FOH with that nonsense. 

Cincy-LA.  Don’t want SF getting to #6 before Dallas and tired as hell of the Chiefs/Mahomes.  

You're tired of the most sustained, creative offensive attack most of us have seen since the Niners in the 80's?

Are you a Raider fan...or Broncos?

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’m neither and I am tired of them. I am a fan of Buffalo in full disclosure.

So you prefer a more conservative boring Jason Garrett type of ball game?  Hell your own team is trying to mirror them on offense

Edited by slorch

No, I have no problems with their offense. I am primarily a Cowboys fan but have had to pick another team to cheer for in the playoffs for many years now. My recent team has been Buffalo as I have an affinity for the town. I saw my first Grateful Dead show at Rich Stadium. The town people surrounding the stadium were incredibly nice, so I want those people to experience winning a Super Bowl. The Chiefs have knocked the Bills out two years in a row now so fuck them. I hope they lose this weekend and go 0-17 next year.

• Haha 2

Feels like everyone in Austin jumped on the Bills bandwagon this last year. It made me want to root against them. "Bills mafia" are the people who tailgated for all those years in 3 degree weather to watch a bad football team. Not people who bandwagoned after Josh Allen.

As far as KC, theyve always been a well run smaller market org and i have respect for that as a fan of the Spurs. And i knew Mahomes would be trouble, i literally would only watch Tech games to see him play.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

In the AFC, I definitely root for Buffalo after Kansas City. I have two really good friends who don’t know each other but our huge huge bills fans in their own way. Bills fan is one of the most loyal fan base is out there and I love the way they support their team. 

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

In the AFC, I definitely root for Buffalo after Kansas City. I have two really good friends who don’t know each other but our huge huge bills fans in their own way. Bills fan is one of the most loyal fan base is out there and I love the way they support their team. 

Yeah i felt bad for actual Bills fans. But my friends who literally started rooting for Buffalo 2 years ago....i laughed heartily at them. Especially after they talked so much shit to me about the Cowboys.

I’ve always liked KC because of their Texas roots, Lamar Hunt, Len Dawson and Willie Lanier, all that. Not a Reid fan. Never thought he was a championship coach because of his history of falling apart with the basics of his job in the big games that count in both Philly and KC.

This loss is on Reid and Mahomes from the end of the first half to the final INT. Just a putrid performance loaded with bad decisions, play calls, and poor execution. Just terrible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I guess he gets a pass since he’s had so much success, but pretty much any other coach would be crucified for passing up points to end the first half.

I think he legit is an offensive genius, much more so than frauds like McVay and Shanahan.  Still, he's far from elite as a game manager and that has caught up with him more than once.

Against the Bills he had 3rd and 1 inside the Bills 10 with a chance to extend the lead back to two scores.

They were then 4th and 4. After putting Blake Bell under center and running a little option to the right.

They did rightly kick a field goal.

And I haven’t seen it referenced much but remember Reid completely wasted a timeout because he called timeout then challenged a spot. It was a terrible spot to begin with. Had they had the extra timeout that first half likely plays out differently.