Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

Well we probably don't win this one even with Witt.

I would have liked to see us put a little bit more pressure there in the end but overall a good weekend. UCLA was definitely the team I was most worried about going in. 

Lots to improve upon. Now let's go sweep Texas State.

17 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s a good roster.  Just really young.  Had 10 players drafted off of last year’s team.  #1 class coming in next year.  Just need experience.

That is a very good team.  I'd have high expectations if I was you.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well we probably don't win this one even with Witt.

I would have liked to see us put a little bit more pressure there in the end but overall a good weekend. UCLA was definitely the team I was most worried about going in. 

Lots to improve upon. Now let's go sweep Texas State.

With the way they shut down our hitters, no, Witt makes no difference in this game.

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Offense had a rough day aside from Ivan's solo shot. Games like this happen, even to great teams

Offense ran into the best pitching staff we'll probably see all year.  Those dudes were absolutely legit.

33 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah. And we’ll be rested for a not difficult but not easy 2 game set with Texas state then 3 game set against the cocks, Charleston and the citadel. Gonna be glorious when we sweep South Carolina. Be fitting. Come June, tell be 20 years since that glorious day. God damn time flies 

I have always thought that in 04 if we could have just gotten to Justin Simmons we would have won. He was bad that year but we all saw what he could do on that 02 team.

• Hook 'Em 1

Need Texas offense to continue improving.

UCLA pitchers stayed away from walks and hitting batters, along with getting ahead early in counts most of the day... great formula for winning games against Texas right now.

Longhorns pitchers were behind in counts all day, walking and hitting too many UCLA batters.   Hard to win a game pitching like this when you are also not hitting well either...

• Like 1

Lineup should be this everyday going forward unless someone plays their way out.

1. Hodo (CF)

2. Kennedy (LF)

3. Melendez (1B)

4. Ardoin (C)

5. Stehly (3B)

6. Daly (2B)

7. Faltine (SS)

8. Todd (RF)

9. Campbell (most of the ABs)/Messinger/Kash (DH)

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Seems to be a theme.  Thanks for laying down today and not bulldozing us like you could have if you wanted to.

We were just intentionally striking out over and over again to lull you into a false sense of security then...when you least expect it...

Yeah real Texas fans won’t get into that. And it sucks we’re going to be dealing with backwoods hillbillies, but come on. Tech is stupid annoying as shit. Baylor is a corrupt criminal enterprise pretending to be a school. Tcu is chirpy and annoying as fuck. Of course ou and their shit ass fans. Okie state fans are mostly cool in my experience but I’ve still met a handful of morons but that’s every fan base. K state is similar to okie state. Kansas basketball fans are like Boston sports fans, pretentious and remarkably annoying. Iowa state is fine, though their constant booing at everything that doesn’t go their way is annoying but whatever. Every West Virginia fan I’ve met, albeit small sample size, have been pieces of hillbilly shit, but I’ll hopefully get a better sense of them if everything goes right and I go to the West Virginia series as planned 
So basically, you and I and droopy and I’m guessing most Texas fans will “get it” and not join the stupid fucking “YAAAYYYYY SEC SEC SEC!!!!” Garbage. And the individual fan bases, save LSU, aggy and Arkansas, aren’t going to be any more or less annoying than what we’ve dealt with. I really don’t think fan base wise there’s a difference between tech, tcu, okie lite, the Kansas schools and Iowa state and say ole miss, Florida, Kentucky, vandy and the bama schools. 

Georgia and Mississippi state may be problems though. Went to the ‘08 sugar bowl when Georgia played Hawaii then our sugar bowl against them. My. God. Talk about loud mouth trash. Their shit talk was weak, most of them were assholes and idiots. Got a lot of “Texas has NEVER seen speed and strength like this!!!!” Never? Not even ou like every year the last 20 years ,05 usc, 05 Ohio state, 08 Ohio state or ‘04 Michigan? Then they took the loss like Kyler Murray. They were such pussies after the game after ensuring us we shouldn’t even try. They all smelled like they use Copenhagen for deodorant and I’m not sure their dentistry has improved at all since the 50’s
and according to [mention=752]NeverMarryAStripper[/mention], the Mississippi state fans last year were fuckin awful which isn’t surprising. Who would want to live in Starkville for 4 years in exchange for like the worst education ever?
tl/dr: I don’t think there will be much difference in fan base experience outside of aggy, LSU and Arkansas 
A Lot of the conference is fine. I'll go to a Vandy series over a trip to a Kansas school.

MSU And Piggy live up to the hype of suckitude. Saw this in Omaha last year. MSU just drunk, low class new money douches and way too rowdy for Omaha. I almost punched a pig fan who got all in my face- they didn't even make it out of the supers, wtf
  • Hook 'Em 1