Heat wave

XYZ

11 minutes ago, RD3 said:

What's the root cause (not global warming but more specific) for this heat now?  Is it because of lack of rain this spring?

Jet stream has bent way up into Canada. The allows heat from Mexico and moisture from the gulf to pour up across the middle of the country.  It’s been in the 90s in fucking Minneapolis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Jet stream has bent way up into Canada. The allows heat from Mexico and moisture from the gulf to pour up across the middle of the country.  It’s been in the 90s in fucking Minneapolis. 

Maybe we do need a wall then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Should have titled this “Texas Heat Wave”. 

Now you’ve left the door open for the jackass posters who live in Wyoming, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc to tell us how awesome their summer is while conveniently forgetting their home sucks shit the other eight months a year.  

Was it 2011 when it was triple digits for more than 60 days in a row?
i feel like we’re on pace for something like that or worse.

It was 90 days actually. I believe the first one was in mid June however. Not a good sign for this summer.

https://www.statesman.com/news/local/2011-was-austin-hottest-year-record/R07lnW9a9SfQuxRECy1p7K/

Now you’ve left the door open for the jackass posters who live in Wyoming, Minnesota, the Dakotas, etc to tell us how awesome their summer is while conveniently forgetting their home sucks shit the other eight months a year.  
Sir, I'll have you know my home is warm and comfy all winter. (I burn buffalo chips.)

Guest Lobo

Yeah, we're "supposed" to have a brutal June, but then an average July-September.  But we'll see.  Anxious for an update from PhDhorn

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Meh, I’ll do what I do every summer: swim, enjoy cold beverages, do the usual stuff outside then cool off with a/c or cool shower, eat some bbq, swim some more. Choose this everyday over cold weather for months.

Gross. I’m gonna try to not be out of the a/c longer than the walk from the house to the car for about 6 months.

4 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

It is pretty awesome. Enjoy the triple digits, Ill enjoy the upper 70s-mid 80s the rest of the week.

5 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Comfortable low 70’s here in SoCal.  But it is that way all year round.

feels 2011 ish. that was the hottest MF summer in my 41 years on earth

sitting outside at 10pm in the dark, its still 100F outside and i have a running water hose in one hand, margarita in another hand, and lady friend on third appendage. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, we're "supposed" to have a brutal June, but then an average July-September.  But we'll see.  Anxious for an update from PhDhorn

The NOAA climatology page is not quite so optimistic:

off02_temp.gif

July-August-September looks hotter'n Hades.

Edited by Walden Ponderer

What sucks, is the windows in my truck won't roll down and I have no AC in my truck.  Driving is going to suck donkey balls.  

When my truck AC was busted, I at least had the window option.

Of course, I burned the shit outta my left arm that way...you gotta be careful.

3 hours ago, Shmitty said:

Not in the McKinney/Frisco area.  And not if you are starting out in a new sales career.  

I had a job interview in June of 1995 in Addison back when I drove a truck with no A/C.  I think I might have stopped sweating by the time the interview was over. Amazingly, I got the job.

Four drownings in the last 3 hours in western DFW. Don’t go inside to grab a fork, take a piss, or even to walk around the side of the house to fart in private. Keep your eyes on your kids at all goddamned times. Fucking fuck.
Is this true? Because that's fucking awful.