2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

FUCK Yahoo Sports. The Astros getting the second no hitter in World Series history is behind "maybe the Jazz aren't tanking after all". That's embarrassing by them 

edit: I dont get my news from here. A friend said they didnt even know this happened because he only checks yahoo sports

Screenshot 2022-11-03 005421.png

Edited by Intercourse With Gray
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably an unpopular opinion on this thread but I think ARod is fucking great as a studio guy. 

They need motherfuckers like Bags and Big Papi calling the games.  I'd turn the sound back on for that.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I really don't care if Dusty, Click or even Crane is the one deciding to keep Hensley on the bench. All I know is that it remains the most brain-dead move in this series...as it was in each series prior. The evidence that Diaz and Mancini are useless has become overwhelming. 

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

is Javier only making $749,000 a year?  He's going to want to redo that contract before expiration.  How will Crane handle that? 

This offseason or at some point next year, they will probably start talking about buying out his arbitration years with an extension.  It may or may not work.

Edited by kevwun

10 hours ago, YChang said:

Bad ass, keep it up Christian!

10 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I literally love Christian Javier. 

10 hours ago, Mez2 said:

Christian Javier can have his way with my sister, if I had one. 

Cristian.  His name is Cristian, not Christian.  Christian is the back-up catcher.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I said at the end of last season that we were halfway through a 10-year run.

And I probably undershot it.

Javier and Framber's dominance gives the Astros the opportunity to let JV go, and spend that money on others. I don't want JV to leave but its crazy that we could lose the Cy Young winner and perhaps not skip a beat if a couple of others step up.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

9 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Helo and others screaming that last night wasn't a true no-hitter might be technically correct, but it strikes me as just not wanting to give Javier, Abreu, Montero or Pressly any credit. Probably also dissed Secretariat for never winning a race without a jockey. 

There are people who are asses, then there are those who are total asses.

Edited by AnTiM
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Javier and Framber's dominance gives the Astros the opportunity to let JV go, and spend that money on others. I don't want JV to leave but its crazy that we could lose the Cy Young winner and perhaps not skip a beat if a couple of others step up.

Crane literally loves JV.  I think if Click is still GM by next week (which remains to be seen), Crane will fucking hold a gun to Click's head until JV is signed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Helo and others screaming that last night wasn't a true no-hitter might be technically correct, but it strikes me as just not wanting to give Javier, Abreu, Montero or Pressly any credit. Probably also dissed Secretariat for never winning a race without a jockey. 

Fuck them. Helo is a fucking moron

• Like 2

Is a combined no-hitter the same as a single one? Of course not. One is an individual achievement and the other is a team achievement. 

There is an argument that the combined offers its own unique and more difficult challenge. For the single pitch no-no, you need a a ridiculously lights out pitcher who owns the other team that day.  for the combined, you need 2-4 pitchers who are all lights out and own the other team.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, APMP said:

Of course, the Charlie/LMJ roles were reversed in Game 7 of the World Series, and that's probably what you're thinking of.

Gee, why would anyone think of that when the OP wrote:

8 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Getting serious 2017 WS vibes. 

Tomorrow is Verlander's Uncle Charlie Game 7 start. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I usually skip over any post by Helo because he is a complete moron. Is he really in that thread saying that last night was not a no-hitter??
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Crane literally loves JV.  I think if Click is still GM by next week (which remains to be seen), Crane will fucking hold a gun to Click's head until JV is signed. 

I don't complain as the team has been so good under Crane's leadership but he doesn't mind moving people out if there is a disagreement.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

This offseason or at some point next year, they will probably start talking about buying out his arbitration years with an extension.  It may or may not work.

They shouldn’t bother (pitcher injuries are common) unless they get at least one, but preferably 2 FA years as well. 
I’ve been calling for 5/50 but might go as high as 5/60 now. 
his arbitration should be something like 4/10/16 so you’d be looking at (worst case from the Astros perspective) 30M for the next 3 years. You don’t bother buying that out to save a couple million when he could end up with TJ surgery and miss 2 of the 3 years. 
Framber is in ARB 2 ( it has 3 more arbitrations left) and will have big CY Young votes. He would make sense at something like 5/75- maybe as much as 85. 
Neither of those guys (but especially Javier) have made any money yet. Also, being Latin American guys the history has shown they are more likely to take an extension to guarantee generational wealth as opposed to play it to FA looking for absolute maximization of money. Really should get both those guys done for 5 years. 
That should take Framber all the way to the end of his usefulness as an extreme ground ball guy (they age in dog years especially around 32/33). 
be interesting for sure this off season.  

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They shouldn’t bother (pitcher injuries are common) unless they get at least one, but preferably 2 FA years as well. 
I’ve been calling for 5/50 but might go as high as 5/60 now. 
his arbitration should be something like 4/10/16 so you’d be looking at (worst case from the Astros perspective) 30M for the next 3 years. You don’t bother buying that out to save a couple million when he could end up with TJ surgery and miss 2 of the 3 years. 
Framber is in ARB 2 ( it has 3 more arbitrations left) and will have big CY Young votes. He would make sense at something like 5/75- maybe as much as 85. 
Neither of those guys (but especially Javier) have made any money yet. Also, being Latin American guys the history has shown they are more likely to take an extension to guarantee generational wealth as opposed to play it to FA looking for absolute maximization of money. Really should get both those guys done for 5 years. 
That should take Framber all the way to the end of his usefulness as an extreme ground ball guy (they age in dog years especially around 32/33). 
be interesting for sure this off season.  

Yeah,  I was talking about a 5 or 6 year deal like what they have done with some of the others.  It's dicey with pitchers as we've seen with LMJ, but Javier lives off his delivery and fastball movement and he's probably not going to forget how to throw it since it's what first got him noticed as a teenager.  Of all the pitchers on the team, I feel better about him still being good 5 years  from now as long as he can stay healthy.  His fastball is like Mariano Rivera's cutter.  It doesn't matter that hitters know it's coming.  They can't do anything about it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1