2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- you are talking about 3 HOFers, one of which is one of the top 5 pitchers in the history of baseball in the Atlanta trio vs a HOFer, 1 time all star and a guy who many on this thread argued should be a bullpen swingman as late as August because he’s “done it before” so forgive me if I don’t say that’s the top 3 greatest pitchers ever. That’s not a slight on our guys. That’s a nod to reality. 

Still, nope.

Look at the strike zones those dipsticks got. Look at what our guys get.

15 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

^^ Go to more WS games plz

I will try, it was amazing!  My job typically keeps me out of town in late Oct early Nov, which sucks, but I celebrated 2017 in the mountains of Colorado at a little bar where the entire bar hated the Dodgers and kept giving out free drinks.  That was a night I don't remember much of, not the drunkest I've ever been, but close!

8 minutes ago, runthebone said:

OK, so here's an offseason topic:  do the  2022 Astros beat 2017 head to head?  Although the 2017 offense was unreal, I think 2022 wins because of the pitching, especially the bullpen's vast superiority.

Offense was better in 2017.. arms better in 2022.. tough call

6 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Tough luck chuck for Correa and Springer.  The money might buy some therapy but not WS rings.

Springer's still my favorite Astro, even if he is up in El Norte now.

Correa will always be the guy who stood up for this franchise when the world wanted to stomp them down.

I don't have a problem with either guy.  They made business decisions, but they have done nothing to make me stop liking them.

Proud for this team and happy for the guys who are here.  I'm not hatin on former players though.  Now's not the time for that.

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- you are talking about 3 HOFers, one of which is one of the top 5 pitchers in the history of baseball in the Atlanta trio vs a HOFer, 1 time all star and a guy who many on this thread argued should be a bullpen swingman as late as August because he’s “done it before” so forgive me if I don’t say that’s the top 3 greatest pitchers ever. That’s not a slight on our guys. That’s a nod to reality. 

That’s only because Framber and Javier are early in their careers. In 10 years, we may know those guys will be headed to Cooperstown. Framber did something historic this year and nobody will be taking Cristian Javier out of the rotation anymore.

• Hook 'Em 2

Remember how some of us were talking about our memories from 1986 and 1980?

I wish I could go back in time and tell my 10-year-old self, who had just had his heart broken by the Rockets and Astros in the same year, that he'd get to see them win a pair of championships each.

Cheer up, kid!

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 9

Frambler is going to have to adjust to losing the shift.  
I think the bigger adjustment for Framber will be no longer having the ability to really take time between pitches to mess with hitters. But he'll adjust. And the train will keep rolling.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Remember how some of us were talking about our memories from 1986 and 1980?

I wish I could go back in time and tell my 10-year-old self, who had just had his heart broken by the Rockets and Astros in the same year, that in the next 30 years he'd get to see them win a pair of championships each.

Cheer up, kid!

I was getting dressed this morning, and it occurred to me- last night might have been THAT sports moment in my life.

The moment Yordan's HR landed in the CF deck, my phone blew up with so many family, friends, and co-workers wishing congrats because they know how I live and die with the team. I was so amped up, it took a while to go to bed last night.  What a great moment.  The sweet taste of victory is knowing the haters can just freaking deal with it.

They gotta rename the CF area "Yordan's Crib" or something right?  It's the landing spot for the moonshot that crushed the Phillies' hopes and dreams, and told the shitheads like BobCostas, "Goodnight, you little bitch!"

Lost Cole, lost Springer, lost Correa, lost the “respect” of the baseball world because of a media narrative. 

Yet it only brought Houston closer, stronger, with positivity and determination. This is the best team in Astros history and they deserve every bit of this title. Just as they did in 2017. What a team. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Apologies for missing out on this.  I was watching the final outs while checking in for a flight to Luxor this AM (I woke up at 2 to repack and watched the game as we had to leave for the airport at 4).

I then spent the day in the Valley of the Kings.  All I have to say is, fuck yeah!  Lots of love to everyone here.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1