2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

My pitch to Evan:

You clearly love attention. If you transfer from A&M to Texas, you’ll quickly become the most talked about/polarizing players in college football. And that’ll translate to more tik tok followers plus a Lamborghini.

Added bonus — you won’t ever have to step foot in the Dixie Chicken again.

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I just back from a five day bender in Jamaica and my liver needs a day off before next weeks bender in Cabo. 

Hopefully you were made to attend by some middle level shit manager or flew private. If not, then the brag failed.

Now tell us you were on a ranch, Big Bend or Rockport and we'd read with envy. 

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Did that Tennessee 9.95er reference the fact that he was only a backup in the same tweet they're trying to generate excitement about the transfer? 

"Everyone put your hands together for our new recruit! He couldn't get playing time at his last stop but we're very excited to have him!"

Kind of shitty to do to the player. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I didnt see that coming. That is a nice landing spot for him. 

I don't think it's a given he starts there next year. Maybe not the best place to transfer to.

Just now, Teryor said:

Unless he's super pumped to fight for all of his PT it feels like we can change the title of the thread

Tampering Riley.

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Did that Tennessee 9.95er reference the fact that he was only a backup in the same tweet they're trying to generate excitement about the transfer? 

"Everyone put your hands together for our new recruit! He couldn't get playing time at his last stop but we're very excited to have him!"

Kind of shitty to do to the player. 

Yeah that is a very weird tagline.  Could have referenced his role as productive jumbo TE.

Probably not the right place to discuss this, but I’m curious to see which of the 22’s the staff use to replace him in the bowl game.  

32 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

In fairness, the 15 people still watching that shit show of a game on that shit show of a day really are pretty good fans to still be out there.

Dumb, maybe, but good fans.

Why the fuck would I ever want to be fair with aggy? 

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Hopefully you were made to attend by some middle level shit manager or flew private. If not, then the brag failed.

Now tell us you were on a ranch, Big Bend or Rockport and we'd read with envy. 

I haven’t attended a corporate meeting in years and I never intend to the rest of my life. These trips are purely my wife planning on being away from cold Chicago and her informing me where she and her friends all decided to go. I didn’t even know if we were on a resort or at a house last week until the day we left. 

Next week is with the group of friends that drinks even more (if that’s even humanly possible) at the same place in Cabo of my infamous McRib post in the Urban  thread. I was black out drunk and stoned at the time and I fully intend on being in a similar state. So hopefully something good or crazy happens to Texas next week. 

• Hook 'Em 3