Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

My position is clear that my ar15 won’t and never will kill a single person. Taking it away from me will still have the same statistics on deaths.

A f150 can kill a person as well with them texting. Let’s take away the ability to text or drive an f150 just to be safe. Same stats from me on this as well.

Mental health. This should be the focus.
Narrator: He didn't really want to do anything about mental illness either.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

My position is clear that my ar15 won’t and never will kill a single person. Taking it away from me will still have the same statistics on deaths.

A f150 can kill a person as well with them texting. Let’s take away the ability to text or drive an f150 just to be safe. Same stats from me on this as well.

Mental health. This should be the focus.

I literally said that you can keep yours but let’s stop selling them. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. I asked if you would make that compromise and you went off on a tangent about cars and drunk drivers. You care more about unfettered access to weapons than finding a real solution. Mental health is an issue in other countries yet this doesn’t happen. Why? Maybe because every swinging dick can’t buy two AR15s on his birthday… Nah that’s not it.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Gotta admit I wouldn't be upset if this NRA shindig gets lit up with open fire 

I would and it would be a huge tragedy as well. That doesn’t change the truth of your underlying sentiment regarding reaping and sowing 

• Hook 'Em 1

You vote for people that continue to allow this to happen. So either you like dead kids or you’re a fucking rube. And you’re yet to answer anyone’s specific questions. I’m sure we are about to hear how you “can’t respond to everyone being mean” while you respond yo everything but direct questions.

Vote for people to allow this to happen? No, I don’t vote democrat like in Chicago and Detroit where they don’t allow this to happen.
  • Fuck You 27

Fucking imagine caring more about your hobby than the fact kids are routinely slaughtered by guns.  Nobody in power is even saying they want to take his hobby or guns away, just make it harder for guns to fall into the wrong hands in the future.  And somehow he feels threatened by that.
Closing loopholes, stronger background checks, and longer waiting periods are a bridge too far because he considers it an attack on his hobby.  And let's be perfectly clear, he cares way more about that than the fact that nearly two dozen kids were gunned down two days ago.  I'm so sick of these radical, extremist gun nuts.

Here’s a great bit from Scientific American….making the rather obvious point that we KNOW that certain gun laws (falling WELL short of banning guns) reduce gun violence, because we have actual data from actual states that have enacted such measures: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-science-is-clear-gun-control-saves-lives/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1A0B4-xzEzYtH0OD6bW755h6HpnD7HCt89UpgqrkUIxnHg4-hwl814mXE&fs=e&s=cl#

Just make the effective measures the law nationwide. That’s it. I’d be THRILLED if we did even that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

"Ima go shoot up an elem school rn"

"With what?"

"Oh, with these 2 AR-15's this dipshit state in this dipshit country let me buy on my 18th birthday."

"Don't they know your background?"

"Nah bruh. No checking, no nothin. Crazy, right? L8r, gonna go destroy hundreds of lives."

maybe...already posted.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

You are one of those simpletons that think if we turn in all guns that the criminals will do the same, right? You know who’s guns don’t kill people? My guns. You angry dipshits don’t get this.

We get that you stupid fuck. What you don’t get is republicans are literally blocking making it a tiny bit more difficult for mentally unstable young men from legally acquiring semiautomatic weapons. Go fuck yourself 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Most here know you are trash, so that doesn’t really bother me at all that you don’t care he got killed by a drunk driver.

Should have had his seatbelt on. Thoughts and prayers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Fucking imagine caring more about your hobby than the fact kids are routinely slaughtered by guns.  Nobody in power is even saying they want to take his hobby or guns away, just make it harder for guns to fall into the wrong hands in the future.  And somehow he feels threatened by that.
Closing loopholes, stronger background checks, and longer waiting periods are a bridge too far because he considers it an attack on his hobby.  And let's be perfectly clear, he cares way more about that than the fact that nearly two dozen kids were gunned down two days ago.  I'm so sick of these radical, extremist gun nuts.

Well you are way fucking wrong here. I am not threatened by guns falling in the wrong hands at all. I want them confiscated from those people, becit felons or the mentally ill. But spin it like you want.
  • Fuck You 5

Vote for people to allow this to happen? No, I don’t vote democrat like in Chicago and Detroit where they don’t allow this to happen.

1 in 700 residents of Uvalde was murdered in a single gun attack this week.
Please cite to an event in Chicago or Detroit where 1 in 700 of their citizens were murdered in a single attack. I’ll wait….
…..

…..

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Well you are way fucking wrong here. I am not threatened by guns falling in the wrong hands at all. I want them confiscated from those people, becit felons or the mentally ill. But spin it like you want.

How about stopping those from getting them in the first place. Ramos was a “law abiding citizen” with no mental health red flag at least one that prevented him from obtaining those rifles. How do we stop him from getting those weapons and slaughtering 21 people. We ban the weapons.

24 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You suggested that the illegality of owning a tactical nuke was sufficient grounds to keep you (or anyone) from owning one.

Why would a legal ban on AR-15 class weapons be any different?  Why is Mark "Law & Order" Stanco so resistant to a change in the law?

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You keep saying mental health and yes, we need to do WAAAAAY more to address mental health in this country which your party hamstrings us from doing. Your saying "mental health" multiple times in this thread is an empty platitude since you're not going to change your voting pattern to actually allow mental health to be addressed. They won't even vote on background checks or red flag laws. 

Also, no one is saying you want to mass murder children or that your guns may do so but the fact of the matter is, you prioritize the ability to have those guns over taking them off the streets which would prevent mass shootings. So your personal belief system = going to the gun range > preventing mass shooting deaths. 

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

You suggested that the illegality of owning a tactical nuke was sufficient grounds to keep you (or anyone) from owning one.

Why would a legal ban on AR-15 class weapons be any different?  Why is Mark "Law & Order" Stanco so resistant to a change in the law?

Good luck with an answer on that

47 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Are you saying the gun killed the kids? Not the operator?

You know what's going on here.  Just say:

"I love my guns more than anything.  Even the risk that my own children will be killed by kids pales in comparison to my love for guns.  Some other kids got killed, but I don't care that much.  I'm a smart guy and I know what statistics are.  But I love my guns and I don't care." 

That's you being honest.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

This whole mental health argument is bullshit with respect to this incident anyway because the shooter had no history of mental health issues.

@markstanco Since this person had no mental health history, care to provide a solution that would have prevented this?

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

This whole mental health argument is bullshit with respect to this incident anyway because the shooter had no history of mental health issues. 

i disagree.

any 18-year-old that wants to spend the money to buy 2 assault weapons on the first day he can legally do so is fucked in the head prima facie.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hmbre97 said:

No documented history, but the picture being painted is one of a person who needed help long ago. I am completely in favor of everyone from the age of 8 on up having access to a therapist at least twice a month or more if the person’s situation or mindset warrants it. 

What he did was evil so do not think I am excusing away mass murder of the most precious members of society. We have to eventually though start taking people’s mental health seriously and give people an outlet for their pain that doesn’t end like this. This has to end and whatever legislation needs to be put forth to end it needs to get advanced yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

@markstanco Since this person had no mental health history, care to provide a solution that would have prevented this?

He can’t and won’t. Those dead kids are just inevitable collateral damage so he can have those big guns locked up in his safe.

Sure it’s sad, but the guns make him feel better about his tiny little dick so the choice is easy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Don't forget Philadelphia.  Bad things happen in Philadelphia.

Just now, UpperWestside said:

No documented history, but the picture being painted is one of a person who needed help long ago. I am completely in favor of everyone from the age of 8 on up having access to a therapist at least twice a month or more if the person’s situation or mindset warrants it. 

What he did was evil so do not think I am excusing away mass murder of the most precious members of society. We have to eventually though start taking people’s mental health seriously and give people an outlet for their pain that doesn’t end like this. This has to end and whatever legislation needs to be put forth to end it needs to get advanced yesterday. 

that's great.  except the republicans have destroyed and waged war on the mental health system in this country since 1967.   wheels just wiped out another $200m from the state of texas mental health system.  fascists nationwide are attempting to destroy any mental health coverage by private insurance.  i posted a salon article from 2018 last night on this topic, too lazy to go find it.  and it won't matter.   the fascists have their script, and all they have to do is wait this out for a week and they'll be back on hunter's laptop and space lasers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Crazy. I actually have two AR15 rifles and an AR10. The AR10 is a long range rifle. All 3 guns have never, ever, jumped out of my gun safe and killed people.

Also, my grandfather was killed before I knew him. Killed by a drunk driver in 1970. I never got to fish with him, or go to a Texas game with him ( he was there which is why I am a diehard). I don’t want cars outlawed. It’s not the cars fault.

This might be your worst post on this site — and that’s saying something.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i disagree.

any 18-year-old that wants to spend the money to buy 2 assault weapons on the first day he can legally do so is fucked in the head prima facie.

8 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

That's my point, he had no DOCUMENTED history of mental health because we have shit for healthcare in this country. We can't address that either because of republicans. 

That's why I'm asking @markstanco if republicans continue to hold us hostage with shit healthcare that keeps obvious mental health issues going undiagnosed and republicans will also continue to hold us hostage with no action around any meaningful reforms around mental health, what's the solution then?

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Do you vote republican like in Jacksonville, Florida - the "murder capital of Florida"?  Since the 70's, the murder rate in Jacksonville has surpassed both that of Florida and that of the nation as a whole, and only a mere 80% of the murders in 2020 there were by firearm.

• Like 1

Gov. Abbott cancels NRA trip, will travel to Uvalde instead.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/home/article/Gov-Abbott-will-travel-to-Uvalde-instead-of-NRA-17202273.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral

the governor isn't showing up to the NRA convention because Texans & the world are holding him accountable for what happens next.

Edited by brakeman
fuck you, gregg.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I had tears in my eyes all day. I went on a trip to dallas and back listening to it live. All I thought of was my 13 and 11 year old. People like you don’t bother me with statements like this. It amazes me there are people that do these things, and can do it nearly 20 times to 8 year old kids. My entire point has been the same. It’s not the gun, it’s the person who can kill 8 year old kids that many times. Mental health is the issue. Not a gun.

Other countries have mentality I’ll people without mass shootings.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I would and it would be a huge tragedy as well. That doesn’t change the truth of your underlying sentiment regarding reaping and sowing 

I wouldn't do it but it 100 percent wouldn't bother me because every one of those fucks deserves it. Qe cant improve as a society because of them. Live by the gun die by the gun. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Clinic got a lock down protocol email yesterday because a patient called up threatening to shoot up our clinic and his sons school(long story), talk about the worst day for that shit to go out. Oh, and to the surprise of no one, HES A FUCKING COP.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Rage+1 4

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread