Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

31 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Felt great bringing my kid back to school today when nothing has been done since Uvalde!

My oldest has been going thru the drills since she started, but this is the first year she knows why.  They did a drill on day 2, last week.  So I spoke with the others (K and 2) and they still don’t understand the specifics, but are getting there quickly.  Gut wrenching, and is likely going to be the final straw that pushes us to private. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Is the teacher's name Mr. Callahan? 

It literally sounds like a bad '80s movie.

"She was just an unassuming kindergarten teacher... until someone threatened her students. Then, she fought back the only way she knows how -- with hot lead. In theaters this fall -- Mrs. John McClane"

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Gut wrenching, and is likely going to be the final straw that pushes us to private. 

Private schools don't have to worry about an 18 year old who has never shot a gun before being able to buy an AR-15 and 1,800 rounds of ammunition? Hmm. Learn something new every day.

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Private schools don't have to worry about an 18 year old who has never shot a gun before being able to buy an AR-15 and 1,800 rounds of ammunition? Hmm. Learn something new every day.

I can tell you from talking with the neighbors that they appear more prepared, and have actually put in measures more than a door lock. So sure, they aren’t immune from it. Maybe you should take a look and see which schools have had the issue. Pretty, pretty sure the column stacks up hard on one side. 

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Votes to keep schools unsafe, acts surprised and sends kids to private schools because public schools are unsafe.   FWIW, private schools have more pedo problems and protection for students and after action recourse can vary from state to state.    Have fun!

I’ve voted to keep schools unsafe?  Pretty sure I missed the keep schools unsafe bill. Link?

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve voted to keep schools unsafe?  Pretty sure I missed the keep schools unsafe bill. Link?

The vast majority of citizens want the minimum age to buy an AR to be 21.  Almost all of the school shooters have been under 21.  Your GQP politicians, who you have insured have and retain power forever and ever, oppose all such measures.  The REASON that shooters like the Uvalde shooter can continue to obtain weapons tailor-made for school mass shootings is because of politicians YOU have put in office.

Elections have consequences.  You have gotten the consequences you asked for.  The shattered bodies of kids in Uvalde are the receipts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The vast majority of citizens want the minimum age to buy an AR to be 21.  Almost all of the school shooters have been under 21.  Your GQP politicians, who you have insured have and retain power forever and ever, oppose all such measures.  The REASON that shooters like the Uvalde shooter can continue to obtain weapons tailor-made for school mass shootings is because of politicians YOU have put in office.

Elections have consequences.  You have gotten the consequences you asked for.  The shattered bodies of kids in Uvalde are the receipts.

So the vast majority want an age of 21? Cool. I’m fine if you want to make it 25 to buy an AR.  What’s Betos plan?  Last time I checked he was screaming about what he wanted to take away, not what age limit he finds apropos to own.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

So the vast majority want an age of 21? Cool. I’m fine if you want to make it 25 to buy an AR.  What’s Betos plan?  Last time I checked he was screaming about what he wanted to take away, not what age limit he finds apropos to own.  

He has literally said he supports raising the age limits.  In fact, his platform has things that you CLAIM to support:

Wednesday’s heckler only gave O’Rourke another opportunity to emphasize his anti-gun violence platform, which according to the Post, involves “raising the minimum age for buying an AR-style rifle from 18 to 21, implementing universal background checks in Texas and enacting a red-flag law.”

But it won't make a difference, because GQP voters are drooling robots who will vote against their claimed interests, over and over and over.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He has literally said he supports raising the age limits.  In fact, his platform has things that you CLAIM to support:

But it won't make a difference, because GQP voters are drooling robots who will vote against their claimed interests, over and over and over.

So he’s changed his thoughts on it again? This is my surprised face. I can get down with that. I can’t, however, give him even an incremental amount of trust, because this is the 4th iteration of his views on the 2nd in the last 3 years? 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

So he’s changed his thoughts on it again? This is my surprised face. I can get down with that. I can’t, however, give him even an incremental amount of trust, because this is the 4th iteration of his views on the 2nd in the last 3 years? 

Cool, cool.  So, I presume that you won't support or vote for any politician who has changed/modified his platform, then?

Because only commie pussies ever change their mind and moderate their approach based on what they think is workable and will help further a general goal, right?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool, cool.  So, I presume that you won't support or vote for any politician who has changed/modified his platform, then?

Because only commie pussies ever change their mind and moderate their approach based on what they think is workable and will help further a general goal, right?

We both know changing your mind can be a part of reasoning and learning.  How many times do you think one should change on one of the founding principles of our nation?  Every 9-12 months isn’t learning or reasoning, it’s following your polling. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

We both know changing your mind can be a part of reasoning and learning.  How many times do you think one should change on one of the founding principles of our nation?  Every 9-12 months isn’t learning or reasoning, it’s following your polling. 

"One of the founding principles of our country" also being something that has been regulated, consistently, for decades and decades (you can't buy a full auto without a special license, as just one example....you can't carry a shotgun in the field during migratory bird season without a plug limiting it to three rounds, etc.).

And yes, following polling matters in a representative government.  "What do the people I represent want?  Maybe I should work to make that happen."  What a dirty commie thing to do.

I mean, the counterpoint to that is the insanity that YOU support: the vast majority of citizens in Texas want to raise the age to buy an AR.  Greg Abbott says "fuck you, Texans, I'll do what the NRA tells me."  And THAT is "good government" to people like you.  Fucking insanity.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tuco said:

Are you honestly worried that Beto will successfully pass any gun legislation you'd be opposed to? 

Or are you just finding excuses to continue to vote for people who will continue to make school violence worse? 

You seem to have no problem voting for Abbot when he opposes gun control laws you support, and you know, for a fact, 100%, that Abbot will be successful in his opposition.  

Im actually not going to vote. I didn’t mind Abbott until he got into his +1 with Huffines, but he’s completely abandoned the center. I find his opponent to be the least genuine candidate I can remember,  and will not be voting for him either.  

49 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

My oldest has been going thru the drills since she started, but this is the first year she knows why.  They did a drill on day 2, last week.  So I spoke with the others (K and 2) and they still don’t understand the specifics, but are getting there quickly.  Gut wrenching, and is likely going to be the final straw that pushes us to private. 

Unless you told her the truth, that your gun fetish is more important to you than she is, I don’t think she actually knows the why of it.

“Welcome to daddy’s America sport!”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Felt great bringing my kid back to school today when nothing has been done since Uvalde!

Interesting data for Texas: https://www.uttyler.edu/politicalscience/files/dmn-uttyler-aug2022.pdf

Most disagree that officials are doing enough:

image.png.0ba146e3b77bc1fb2c09afbccb72743f.png

Abbott should call a special session, split on assault rifle buybacks, huge support for raising the age to 21:

image.png.ad32b11e5cfcd8f0e5ce48a02bff83f7.png

People want teachers to carry guns:

image.png.cc97a9cef808e9893a561a079670d8f0.png

Didn't know incels formed a political party

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ultimaton said:

Unless you told her the truth, that your gun fetish is more important to you than she is, I don’t think she actually knows the why of it.

“Welcome to daddy’s America sport!”

Well my daughter hunts and shoots clays, so technically I guess it’s her fetish too? 

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

stupid-forest-gump.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

so you choose to support people who want no changes because the guy changed his mind.   Would you like me to point out how Greg Abbott changed his mind on tort cases, how Ted Cruz changed his mind about Trump, and how your party changed their view about the law once it hindered their interpretation of it?  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

so you choose to support people who want no changes because the guy changed his mind.   Would you like me to point out how Greg Abbott changed his mind on tort cases, how Ted Cruz changed his mind about Trump, and how your party changed their view about the law once it hindered their interpretation of it?  

Sure. If you can span back and forth 3 180* stances in 18-24 months, knock yourself out.  You need to come to terms he doesn’t actually care about you or this state; this is a stepping stone to “what he was born for”, which in his mind, is the presidency.  He’s history is enriching his in laws thru policy while aiming for more power.  Remind you of anyone? 

Edited by fattyflattie

14 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sure. If you can span back and forth 3 180* stances in 18-24 months, knock yourself out.  You need to come to terms he doesn’t actually care about you or this state; this is a stepping stone to “what he was born for”, which in his mind, is the presidency.  He’s history is enriching his in laws thru policy while aiming for more power.  Remind you of anyone? 

schitts-creek-eye-roll.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Fuck all those poor kids right? Only care about your own

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

one of the founding principles of our nation?

Like slavery?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nivek said:

Law and Order! 

Wait...

Defund the FBI!

My older kid started high school yesterday. She told me one of the first things they did in her first period Biology class was discuss how to dress wounds and apply tourniquets to bullet wounds. Happy first day of high school. I told her that honestly might be something she needs to learn for future reference. 

• Rage+1 7

On 8/15/2022 at 10:56 AM, Tuco said:

Are you honestly worried that Beto will successfully pass any gun legislation you'd be opposed to? 

Or are you just finding excuses to continue to vote for people who will continue to make school violence worse? 

You seem to have no problem voting for Abbot when he opposes gun control laws you support, and you know, for a fact, 100%, that Abbot will be successful in his opposition.  

Fatty has repeatedly bitched about the ability for poor children to attend public school. I think we know why he's fine with doing nothing. 

But you can trust Abbott who has done…nothing?!

17 hours ago, mdmost said:

My older kid started high school yesterday. She told me one of the first things they did in her first period Biology class was discuss how to dress wounds and apply tourniquets to bullet wounds. Happy first day of high school. I told her that honestly might be something she needs to learn for future reference. 

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

This is heartbreaking. Fuck the pew pew crowd who will not help pass meaningful gun laws like keeping these weapons of war out of the hands of kids under the age of 21.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/16/us/highland-park-shooting-cooper-roberts-physical-recovery/index.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, fattyflattie said:

One of the founding principles of this nation, as we know from Madison’s notes, is the right for a teenager in 2022 to buy a semi-automatic carbine and high capacity magazines so he can rampage through a classroom of ten year olds. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, fattyflattie said:

Founding principle?

Oh, you mean Heller, that one that goes all the way back to...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

I have mixed feeling about this.  I see the need to do this type of stunt, but I also loath bringing children into this.  

It's not really "bringing them into this" - they're the fucking stakes at risk. It's being dishonest to not include them in the discussion.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

I have mixed feeling about this.  I see the need to do this type of stunt, but I also loath bringing children into this.  

Why? Was it necessary to do this when we were kids? Fuck no. Something obviously changed between now and then and the nation's children are bearing the burden. It's time to go medieval on these gun nuts. Show them shit that makes them uncomfortable. Make them envision their kids wearing body armor or being blown to bits. Otherwise it'll be someone near and dear to you that has their head unceremoniously removed from their shoulders while learning their ABC's

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Why? Was it necessary to do this when we were kids? Fuck no. Something obviously changed between now and then and the nation's children are bearing the burden. It's time to go medieval on these gun nuts. Show them shit that makes them uncomfortable. Make them envision their kids wearing body armor or being blown to bits. Otherwise it'll be someone near and dear to you that has their head unceremoniously removed from their shoulders while learning their ABC's

Sadly, I figure it's going to end up being some iconic image of a school child dead that's finally published that's going to end up spurring the change to actually put an end to this stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I always think of this old Jeff Foxworthy bit where he's talking about how kids these days (90s) were bringing guns to school.  "We used to bring frogs to school!  You bring a frog to school now, somebody'd shoot it!"  Not a great bit, but illustrates how things have changed.  This was obviously pre-Columbine.  But yeah, kids back then were bringing guns to school to be cool and show their friends.  

What we are living through now is some dystopian shit where mass murders are occurring regularly.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's not really "bringing them into this" - they're the fucking stakes at risk. It's being dishonest to not include them in the discussion.

Not all conversations need to happen with our children.  The kids who were massacred in Sandy Hook were 6-7 years old.  That age is too young to discuss this sickness of the right and the impotence of the left to do something about it.   We absolutely should show the carnage of Parkland, Uvalde and others.  The right seems to revel in showing aborted fetus images they should see the aftermath of this.  

But the young ones should not be having this crap in their heads.   Just as they shouldn't have 5.56 in their bodies.