Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans

Harrison Bergeron

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Actually a flat head screw driver...I've seen it my self at la semana alegre.

lol I remember moving to Austin and going to crowded places after spending my formative years seeing all the shit that went down at La Semena, NIOSA, Oyster Bake, etc...

Bumping into someone on 6th street.

shooter-mc-gavin-adam-sandler.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

I love breakfast tacos, I would fuck one, marry one, have it's baby and ultimately that's because I want to be a breakfast taco because breakfast tacos bring happiness.

This is some new Surly shit here, because I'm all "fuck yeah" and yet I really don't want to know how you fuck your breakfast tacos. In fact thats just gross, whether you roll em up and insert or partially unroll and penetrate. Or outercourse. Or some combo, I don't really care. I really don't want to to know, or do I? I guess I just celebrate the enthusiasm for tacos more than the taco fucking, personally.

How in the world did you leave bean and chorizo off that list.... YOU SAVAGE! 
Just about to post this. So goddamn good. Alongside a bean, cheese, and bacon. Both with a ton of green salsa. Add a few cups of coffee and things will no doubt be real messy in an hour.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just to clarify here. Mexicans are evil and many should be sent back to Mexico because, reasons, but the second a comparison is made to the best breakfast food ever invented now they are people and deserve respect from what was, by all accounts, a positive statement. Do I have that correct?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Orale said:
7 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:
How in the world did you leave bean and chorizo off that list.... YOU SAVAGE! 

Just about to post this. So goddamn good. Alongside a bean, cheese, and bacon. Both with a ton of green salsa. Add a few cups of coffee and things will no doubt be real messy in an hour.

Username checks out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Just to clarify here. Mexicans are evil and many should be sent back to Mexico because, reasons, but the second a comparison is made to the best breakfast food ever invented now they are people and deserve respect from what was, by all accounts, a positive statement. Do I have that correct?

That's right, and some of the people fomenting the public backlash to this are the same people who lock actual Mexican children in cages at the border and let them sleep under aluminum foil blankets.  But this, no, this fumbled attempt at a compliment will not stand, man!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Foosters said:

Knowing OPs age and history, it's a mathematical certainty that he forwarded racist Obama emails between 08-16.

Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw

Those old Obama e-mails were originated by the same asshole's team that started this breakfast taco rant.  Of Course he did.

11 hours ago, Covri said:

I like chorizo it doesn’t always like me back lol

This.  I can mix one chorizo and egg taco in with my order.  A good day starts with about 4 breakfast tacos.

• Carne Guisada
  • Potato and Egg (Potato helps with the grease in the next one)
  • Chorizo and Egg
  • Bean and Cheese

If I have some left over rice and beans from dinner the night before that will do too.  As a San Antonian I think the only proper way to eat rice and beans is in a tortilla.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Jesus Christ. Do you eat like 4,000 calories a day? 

I can skip lunch with the right breakfast.  Most days I only have 2.  Good days start with about 4 :)

Talking about tacos made me hungry. Usually use flour but Dr told me to cut out gluten and dairy for a couple weeks.

841E28C6-337A-4E2B-84A3-7154DC17B832.jpeg

Edited by TexasEd
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

“Our heritage as Latinos is shaped by a variety of diasporas, cultures and food traditions, and should not be reduced to a stereotype.”

I am the only one who thinks this word is massively over used? 

Yeah, it's a much better fit for Africans than Hispanics. Half of the US was once Mexico, and the indigenous peoples of the present day US and Mexico share a lot of commonalities because the border was drawn very recently in our history. 

The National Association of Hispanic Journalists responded in a post to its Twitter account that “we are not tacos.”

“Using breakfast tacos to try to demonstrate the uniqueness of Latinos in San Antonio demonstrates a lack of cultural knowledge and sensitivity to the diversity of Latinos in the region,” the association wrote in its statement. “NAHJ encourages Dr. Biden and her speech writing team to take the time in the future to better understand the complexities of our people and communities.”

Give me a fucking break with this bullshit. 

• Like 2

Just now, 'stache said:

Yeah, it's a much better fit for Africans than Hispanics. Half of the US was once Mexico, and the indigenous peoples of the present day US and Mexico share a lot of commonalities because the border was drawn very recently in our history. 

I’ve only really ever seen it used for Jews and Africans. So to me there’s a forced movement part to the definition. 

whereas the Spanish and English just kind of went out and took land, forcing themselves upon the local populations. 

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Give me a fucking break with this bullshit. 

I clicked on it out of curiosity, and lol at using 'lil Marco as someone to quote. Might as well have asked Canadian Ted Cruz for his opinion. Neither of them give a single shit about their heritage and actively hate others with similar heritage if they dare push back against racism. Fuck them both, fuck op, and fuck the rag that published this bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’ve only really ever seen it used for Jews and Africans. So to me there’s a forced movement part to the definition. 

whereas the Spanish and English just kind of went out and took land, forcing themselves upon the local populations. 

It is also commonly used when talking about Italians and Irish.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

are you really diaspora if your family has been in the area since before stephen f. austin and his merry band of filibusters got to town?

Lol I have several friends who can trace back to Spanish land grants in the 1700s. Then the Spanish intermarried with natives that lived where they settled. The border moved but the people didn’t. There was no dispersal.

Now the natives moved to Oklahoma could claim this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Those old Obama e-mails were originated by the same asshole's team that started this breakfast taco rant.  Of Course he did.

This.  I can mix one chorizo and egg taco in with my order.  A good day starts with about 4 breakfast tacos.

• Carne Guisada
  • Chorizo and Egg
  • Bean and Cheese

If I have some left over rice and beans from dinner the night before that will do too.  As a San Antonian I think the only proper way to eat rice and beans is in a tortilla.

Depends on the type of beans but you’re correct. I’m just not dumping charro or boracho beans on a tortilla 

I generally believe that breakfast tacos should have eggs, but growing up, barbacoa was the exception. Sunday mornings from the market down the road from my grandma, might be the tastiest breakfast I've ever had. It was real barbacoa too, the whole head, not just the beef cheek which most barbacoa I've found around town is made from. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Went to a high school graduation and three of the speakers used the term diaspora.

19 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Breakfast tacos are about as Mexican as fajitas. White people are weird. 

Both were created by Mexicans or Mexican-Americans living in Texas so at a minimum they are Tex-Mex.  

As a kid my mom made them because she could feed the family with a cheap cut of meat.  She had a big metal tenderizing hammer for fajitas and chicken fried steak.

Edited by TexasEd

14 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

“Our heritage as Latinos is shaped by a variety of diasporas, cultures and food traditions, and should not be reduced to a stereotype.”

I am the only one who thinks this word is massively over used? 

I mean, every damn body's ancestors got diaspora'd, whether by bus, sailing ship, or Bering Land Bridge.

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I mean, every damn body's ancestors got diaspora'd, whether by bus, sailing ship, or Bering Land Bridge.

it's offensive to compare san antonians to their kick ass food because no one would ever bostonians to their suck ass food because comparing people to suck ass food is offensive.  

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it's offensive to compare san antonians to their kick ass food because no one would ever bostonians to their suck ass food because comparing people to suck ass food is offensive.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, TexasEd said:

• Carne Guisada
  • Chorizo and Egg
  • Bean and Cheese

No barbacoa or Machicado?

19 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Why is he calling Jill Biden the Surgeon General?  

Quoting myself.   I was bored and searched this for a minute and came up with a Faux news story about Whoopi Goldberg on the View apparently thinking Jill was a medical doctor and touting her for Surgeon General.

Not being a daytime TV viewer, I never would have heard of this if OP (well, whoever quoted OP since he's on my ignore list) had not sputtered his incoherent outrage about it.   Sure hope Days Of Our Lives or General Hospital doesn't tick off OP anytime soon.  Might be bad for his heart, although reading people quote his follow ups perhaps he's already lost it.

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Now the natives moved to Oklahoma could claim this. 

...and bringing the discussion between diaspora and tacos full circle because I grew up eating fry bread my grammy would make AKA an 'Indian Taco.' Those puffy delights she made from scratch were so good, but I got lazy and would buy a couple of bags of mix whenever we would travel home. I don't even think the milling company makes the mix anymore. When I was little we didn't always put toppings on ours like a taco, though. It depended upon what she was making and now I treat them more like a side dish like biscuits.

Making the best of the government supplies was how the tradition got started apparently.

We knew the difference between the types of tacos regardless of origin and loved them all.

• Hook 'Em 1