2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That fat fucking monster. I hope someone has alerted the authorities. 

Be on the lookout for Andy Reid and Ryan Day running some kind of football camp for underprivileged children during the off-season. If that happens, we need to drive there and pursue citizen’s arrests ourselves if the authorities refuse to act. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

You think Andy didn’t support Patrick in getting Whataburger in KC? 

Shiiit. 

3D Chess. Andy Reid uses Mahomes’ contract and coerces him to buy Whataburger franchises to satisfy Reid’s own cravings for the Bacon Patty Melt….

Tuco Salamanca (Mahomes): Gus Fring (Andy Reid)

• Hook 'Em 1

yeah, this feels like a significant question.  it'd be nice to know something definitive.  

Ketch said it looks like it’s a simple BKA, so a precautionary couple of weeks non-contact walk throughs and his new prosthetic should be good to go. Admantium is stronger than bone, after all.
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Ketch said it looks like it’s a simple BKA, so a precautionary couple of weeks non-contact walk throughs and his new prosthetic should be good to go. Admantium is stronger than bone, after all.

I read the first half of that sentence and couldn’t think of anything for BKA besides below knee amputation. Then I read the rest, lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Bobby and Gerry are the best we have, and both protect the program from stupidity to some extent. Gerry is the best recruiting guy in the business and is nationally recognized. Burn down the rest of the media room with everyone else inside.Wells also gets a pass.

The best recruiting guy in that fake ass industry? That's like the smartest guy with single digit IQ. 

If he was any good he'd be working as a legit scout for a top program. Not schlepping garbage information to rubes and associated with con men like Eric Nahlin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The best recruiting guy in that fake ass industry? That's like the smartest guy with single digit IQ. 

If he was any good he'd be working as a legit scout for a top program. Not schlepping garbage information to rubes and associated with con men like Eric Nahlin. 

Maybe he could but he chooses not to? Some people enjoy what they do

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Think Nahlin said Banks could have gone back in if it were a game.

To be fair, the 9.95 injury reports have been as far off as the QB reports. They were saying Collins out 4-6 weeks (was back yesterday), Neyor not looking too bad, RoJo about a month (already doing drills).

So yeah, not putting much stock in their reports here, even though IT is being more definitive on this one. Good to see the Surly insiders weighing in too though.

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The best recruiting guy in that fake ass industry? That's like the smartest guy with single digit IQ.  If he was any good he'd be working as a legit scout for a top program. Not schlepping garbage information to rubes and associated with con men like Eric Nahlin. 

GIF-OK-okay-Cheryl-Cole-GIF.gif&ehk=IWil

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BERT said:

Maybe he could but he chooses not to? Some people enjoy what they do

Yeah because people who are among the "best in their industry" usually forgo the high paying gigs to roam the streets cavorting with conmen. 

Some dumb mother fuckers around here. 

• Fuck You 11

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

You must not know anything about Bobby's history. He's made plenty of money in the 9.95 world.

Yes, even Bobby's services gets information wrong, but this dude has been a positive for Texas sports in many ways for years.

This guy thinks Bobby should be a low level scout over a millionaire after selling Rivals and 247. 

Only thing I've learned from this thread is to not get into business with this guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9.95er and scout are two different jobs. 

I don’t know how each service allocates their information reporting versus recruit ranking, but the reporting component is the more important skill of the two.  You could do some level of recruit ranking based on offers and physical measurements. 

but it’s not a fallback job for failed nfl scout 

Standish with additional scrimmage notes (good news on Banks)

Spoiler

Yesterday Texas held their second scrimmage of fall camp and after a run of horrible injury luck during scrimmage No. 1 understandably decided to be more cautious and look to protect key players two weeks away from kickoff. One player that we confirmed an injury for yesterday was true freshman offensive tackle Kelvin Banks after the fall camp standout limped off the field with a lower body injury. I was told this morning by a source that Banks' injury wasn't as bad as initially thought and they heard the diagnosis was a mild ankle sprain and that he could have played through the pain in an important game. The source's expectations are for Banks to return to action in the near future and slot back to his spot at left tackle with the ones.

Speaking of true freshman offensive linemen one of the main takeaways from yesterday's scrimmage was Neto Umeozulu's extended run of snaps with the first team at both right and left guard. On a Quinn Ewers step up in the pocket touchdown to former Montana Grizzly slot receiver Gabe Sulser, the offensive line gave Ewers a perfect pocket with the best protection pickup being Christian Jones perfectly handing off a twist stunt to Umeozulu and Jake Majors while Hayden Conner and Andrej Karic handled their 1v1 matchups. Umeozulu's background playing offensive tackle served him well on a couple of reps where he pulled as a guard to sell the run fake and ended up isolated in space with defenders on the edge.

The inevitable balance for praise regarding the offensive line in the passing game comes with what sources still believe is a weak group at EDGE. There is genuine confidence this will be a better and more effective group than last year with DeMarvion Overshown's Versatility and an overall deeper room. One standout that I've been hearing more and more about over the last week or so is former Austin Westlake star Ethan Burke. I've mentioned on a few podcasts that while most believed Burke was on a longer developmental timeline I believed that the 6-foot-7 230-pounder with an elite multi-sport background would contribute in some fashion this season and ranked him in the top five of 2022 signees before he even stepped on campus. Burke is exceeding even my lofty expectations and is bringing a much-needed spark as a pass rusher running with the twos primarily, in addition to occasional reps with the ones.

A scheme related talking point I've mentioned all offseason has been the likelihood of Texas using a ton of 12 personnel (1 RB 2 TE) and disguised 11 personnel from pistol and the gun to manufacture one on one matchups with play action in the passing game while attempting to create a numbers advantage in the run game by forcing teams to play more than just single high safety. That was evident during yesterday's scrimmage with one of the best plays on the day being a 12 personnel pistol play action 30 yard dime from Quinn Ewers to Casey Cain. Due to pressure following both tight ends (Billingsley and Helm) on the play losing their one-on-one matchups, Ewers released the ball almost a full second before Cain broke towards the sideline and made an impressive grab and touched both feet down for a completion. Ewers also fit a ball in the red zone through a tight window on another play action pistol concept to Gunnar Helm on a seam just a half second before the safety could arrive to make a play on the ball.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah because people who are among the "best in their industry" usually forgo the high paying gigs to roam the streets cavorting with conmen. 

There’s definitely at least one dumb motherfucker around here, and he’s outed himself for all to see. You don’t have a fucking clue about this subject and you’ve made that hilariously obvious. But hey, stick with your certainty, it’s fun to watch.  

There are more than a million subscribers to college sports sites and they’re paying for an entertainment service no different than streaming or investment newsletters. That’s not a “fake ass industry.”

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

For the love of god people, stop reading anything from that fat fuck or his website. JFC, when are we going to learn?

6 hours ago, Eggo said:

Whoof this is some revisionist history... David Ash is up there with Sam for you? Based on what? Pass completion? Passer rating? 

Both players had their best years as sophomores.

David Ash went 19TD/8INT with 2 rushing TDs. 

Sam Ehlinger went 25TD/5INT with *checks notes* 16 rushing TDs. 

That was a bad take and you should feel bad. 

If you told me to pick a QB out of the last 10 years, I'm taking Ash and Ehlinger... This isn't rocket surgery.  Ash played with a team of... I don't even remember... If we hadn't decided to bash his fucking head in he'd probably have been better, and the same applies to Ehlinger and his shoulder.

But the point doesn't change, even if you exclude Ash... We haven't had QB play for shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Standish with additional scrimmage notes (good news on Banks):

Speaking of true freshman offensive linemen one of the main takeaways from yesterday's scrimmage was Neto Umeozulu's extended run of snaps with the first team at both right and left guard.

Hide contents

Yesterday Texas held their second scrimmage of fall camp and after a run of horrible injury luck during scrimmage No. 1 understandably decided to be more cautious and look to protect key players two weeks away from kickoff. One player that we confirmed an injury for yesterday was true freshman offensive tackle Kelvin Banks after the fall camp standout limped off the field with a lower body injury. I was told this morning by a source that Banks' injury wasn't as bad as initially thought and they heard the diagnosis was a mild ankle sprain and that he could have played through the pain in an important game. The source's expectations are for Banks to return to action in the near future and slot back to his spot at left tackle with the ones.

Speaking of true freshman offensive linemen one of the main takeaways from yesterday's scrimmage was Neto Umeozulu's extended run of snaps with the first team at both right and left guard. On a Quinn Ewers step up in the pocket touchdown to former Montana Grizzly slot receiver Gabe Sulser, the offensive line gave Ewers a perfect pocket with the best protection pickup being Christian Jones perfectly handing off a twist stunt to Umeozulu and Jake Majors while Hayden Conner and Andrej Karic handled their 1v1 matchups. Umeozulu's background playing offensive tackle served him well on a couple of reps where he pulled as a guard to sell the run fake and ended up isolated in space with defenders on the edge.

The inevitable balance for praise regarding the offensive line in the passing game comes with what sources still believe is a weak group at EDGE. There is genuine confidence this will be a better and more effective group than last year with DeMarvion Overshown's Versatility and an overall deeper room. One standout that I've been hearing more and more about over the last week or so is former Austin Westlake star Ethan Burke. I've mentioned on a few podcasts that while most believed Burke was on a longer developmental timeline I believed that the 6-foot-7 230-pounder with an elite multi-sport background would contribute in some fashion this season and ranked him in the top five of 2022 signees before he even stepped on campus. Burke is exceeding even my lofty expectations and is bringing a much-needed spark as a pass rusher running with the twos primarily, in addition to occasional reps with the ones.

A scheme related talking point I've mentioned all offseason has been the likelihood of Texas using a ton of 12 personnel (1 RB 2 TE) and disguised 11 personnel from pistol and the gun to manufacture one on one matchups with play action in the passing game while attempting to create a numbers advantage in the run game by forcing teams to play more than just single high safety. That was evident during yesterday's scrimmage with one of the best plays on the day being a 12 personnel pistol play action 30 yard dime from Quinn Ewers to Casey Cain. Due to pressure following both tight ends (Billingsley and Helm) on the play losing their one-on-one matchups, Ewers released the ball almost a full second before Cain broke towards the sideline and made an impressive grab and touched both feet down for a completion. Ewers also fit a ball in the red zone through a tight window on another play action pistol concept to Gunnar Helm on a seam just a half second before the safety could arrive to make a play on the ball.

Haven't seen anyone else mention that Neto is getting run with the 1's - all the talk has been about Banks, Campbell, Hutson, and Williams.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Haven't seen anyone else mention that Neto is getting run with the 1's - all the talk has been about Banks, Campbell, Hutson, and Williams.

Coburn had some nice words about Neto in Coburn's media session -- but he was still unsure how to pronounce "Neto".  😋

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

You sound like a nurse.  We can’t all be millionaires. 

For the love of god people, stop reading anything from that fat fuck or his website. JFC, when are we going to learn?

Reread what I wrote and look up BKA. I copied it above to make it easier.
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Screenshot_20220821-112909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dafa77a70894b29a8dfae3ee4e598276.jpg

The above salary is preferable over starting and selling multiple industry leading recruiting services, and being your own boss?

My old neighbor was a scout for the Broncos for several years. He was working 14 hours 7 days a week. He finally got out because he wanted to see his wife and kids.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yep.  We may be looking at having one of the top OL's in college football in 2023 and 2024.  And it'll get better as the season goes.  No to mention going into next year these guys will have winter workouts and spring ball.

• Like 1