2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

35 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Rivals 247 sold for 100 MILLION dollars. Bobby Burton was one of the co-founders.

Pfff if that loser was worth his salt he'd be a scout working 100 hours a week pulling in high five figs

Edited by B00M
  • Haha 3

Like we needed more proof that Herman sucked ass. We're going to have a young and exciting team, but there will be some growing pains. Obviously Sark is willing to do what needs to be done to change the culture the right way, but he might need more time than any of us want to wait. I will try to remind myself of this when we inevitably struggle and I'm pissed. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:
Like we needed more proof that Herman sucked ass. We're going to have a young and exciting team, but there will be some growing pains. Obviously Sark is willing to do what needs to be done to change the culture the right way, but he might need more time than any of us want to wait. I will try to remind myself of this when we inevitably struggle and I'm pissed. 

after the last 9 years of spring/camp $9.95 bullshit anyone who believes we will know anything before noon on 10 september is falling for the banana in the tailpipe, again

i'm never believing anything, drinking anything or buying in to anything, evar again, until we are undefeated at 6pm on fair park saturday

"can't not win 9" is fucking wishcasting with this program until it's not

never falling for it ever again

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

after the last 9 years of spring/camp $9.95 bullshit anyone who believes we will know anything before noon on 10 september is falling for the banana in the tailpipe, again

i'm never believing anything, drinking anything or buying in to anything, evar again, until we are undefeated at 6pm on fair park saturday

Holy fuck that was hard to read. Drinking early or haven't stopped from yesterday? Fantastic run on, incoherent sentence.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You must be a riot at parties. Fan isn't short for "logical and reasoned approach with tempered expectations*

57 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

My old neighbor was a scout for the Broncos for several years. He was working 14 hours 7 days a week. He finally got out because he wanted to see his wife and kids.

Aaaand based on the above salary quotes I’d add he wants to feed that family and put a decent roof over their heads.

21 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Aaaand based on the above salary quotes I’d add he wants to feed that family and put a decent roof over their heads.

He had moved up to being relatively high up in their scouting organization. I'd guess he was easily making $120k if not much more.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Bobby has made much more money than some low to medium level scout in the NFL. So that's kind of stupid. 

I was taking about Gerry. Bobby is one of the main conmen..

If Gerry was that good of a talent evaluator he'd be legitimate and respected on a top staff not scamming bored idiots out of their SS checks

Edited by Hermanator
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

If you told me to pick a QB out of the last 10 years, I'm taking Ash and Ehlinger... This isn't rocket surgery.  Ash played with a team of... I don't even remember... If we hadn't decided to bash his fucking head in he'd probably have been better, and the same applies to Ehlinger and his shoulder.

But the point doesn't change, even if you exclude Ash... We haven't had QB play for shit.

Rocket surgery?

23 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Cain may turn out to be good. He may turn out to be average. Only time will give us that answer. The truth is I would love to trot out Bama 2020’s skill guys, but that rarely happens. Texas has Bijan, Worthy, Jwhitt (please stay healthy),  and Sanders at TE. All of them are very athletic and a nightmare in a 1 on 1 situation (taking some liberty with Sanders). Cain doesn’t have to be a world beater. He isn’t going to garner much attention. Texas just needs him to be the guy that can find some open spaces and catch the ball. Sark will also find a package for Thompson to get his speed involved a few times a game (hopefully he develops enough to expand on that over the course of the year)

I don’t think you’re taking too much liberty with Sanders. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a JMike starter kit this year. 

20 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Thread cleanse. I just want to point out how great Jamaal freakin' Charles was against Ohio State on this one play in 2005.

Watch closely. Vince drops back to pass but the protection breaks down. Vince is in trouble. Suddenly he sees Jamaal and tries to throw it to him but misses pretty badly on account of the Ohio State player draped all over him. A.J. Hawk intercepts. Jamaal dives at Hawk's feet and misses the tackle. At that exact moment it looked like Hawk would score. But Jamaal picks himself off the carpet in a split second and gives chase. He winds his way through traffic, HURDLES a guy, and takes Hawk down at the 17.  The intended target ended up making the tackle 23 yards down the field. The defense did its job and Ohio State had to settle for a field goal after that huge momentum swing. Jamaal was a freshman. It was his second game and it was at Ohio State. The shoe. At night.

You can't teach what Jamaal does here. It's all instinct and it happens so fast. I'll bet Jamaal didn't even have time to think about it while it was happening.

I love how Jamaal stands over him for a bit after delivering a lick. Thanks for sharing. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I feel like Ketch, Anwar, Chip, Kirk, and Brian Davis all fall into the same category; highly selfish dudes who will throw the program under the bus at the drop of a hat in order to get attention.

I actually like Gerry. His takes are good. IDGAF if he faps.

Your first three names couldn’t give a shit about Texas.  Literally just making money.  The rest at least want Texas to do well

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah because people who are among the "best in their industry" usually forgo the high paying gigs to roam the streets cavorting with conmen. 

Some dumb mother fuckers around here. 

You’ve just outed yourself as the dumbest MF’r on this site you rube. Do you not even realize he basically created the industry, was a successful serial entrepreneur, and is a multi-millionaire many times over? 

Meanwhile I expect you at any moment to post your pay stub to prove your manhood. Idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I love how Jamaal stands over him for a bit after delivering a lick. Thanks for sharing. 

I wish we had 2 linebackers like AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter...Those bastards were relentless, but VY was Superman that year and their was no Kryptonite...That was one heck of a defense Ohio State had that year...

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I feel like Ketch, Anwar, Chip, Kirk, and Brian Davis all fall into the same category; highly selfish dudes who will throw the program under the bus at the drop of a hat in order to get attention.

I actually like Gerry. His takes are good. IDGAF if he faps.

I mean the fact these guys think they can post a story a derail the program or make it better is fucking hilarious. Winning on the field helps us go in the right direction not dorky insiders. I hope sark drops his balls on their face. Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1

According to Hudson Standish, sources are worried that EDGE is our biggest weak spot:

I hadn't realized how unproven/young we are there. We got:

Ovie Oghoufo

Prince Dorbah

D.J. Harris Jr.

Barryn Sorrell

J'Mond Tapp

Justice Finkley

Ethan Burke

A lot of people were high on Finkley but I haven't heard much about him lately. More-so Burke.

People seem to think it's largely Ovie's job to lose, but aren't exactly raving about him. I suspect we'll see mostly Ovie, Sorrell, and Dorbah w/ a little Finley and Burke thrown in until someone lays claim to the spot. But yeah it feels like a pretty big unknown.

3 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

According to Hudson Standish, sources are worried that EDGE is our biggest weak spot:

Ovie Oghoufo

Prince Dorbah

D.J. Harris Jr.

Barryn Sorrell

J'Mond Tapp

Justice Finkley

Ethan Burke

A lot of people were high on Finkley but I haven't heard much about him lately. More-so Burke.

People seem to think it's largely Ovie's job to lose, but aren't exactly raving about him. I suspect we'll see mostly Ovie, Sorrell, and Dorbah w/ a little Finley and Burke thrown in until someone lays claim to the spot. But yeah it feels like a pretty big unknown.

You could make an argument we could be better than average if things break our way at every position group on the team but edge. That’s a lost cause brother. 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Thread cleanse. I just want to point out how great Jamaal freakin' Charles was against Ohio State on this one play in 2005.

Watch closely. Vince drops back to pass but the protection breaks down. Vince is in trouble. Suddenly he sees Jamaal and tries to throw it to him but misses pretty badly on account of the Ohio State player draped all over him. A.J. Hawk intercepts. Jamaal dives at Hawk's feet and misses the tackle. At that exact moment it looked like Hawk would score. But Jamaal picks himself off the carpet in a split second and gives chase. He winds his way through traffic, HURDLES a guy, and takes Hawk down at the 17.  The intended target ended up making the tackle 23 yards down the field. The defense did its job and Ohio State had to settle for a field goal after that huge momentum swing. Jamaal was a freshman. It was his second game and it was at Ohio State. The shoe. At night.

You can't teach what Jamaal does here. It's all instinct and it happens so fast. I'll bet Jamaal didn't even have time to think about it while it was happening.

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Ovie Oghoufo

Prince Dorbah

D.J. Harris Jr.

Barryn Sorrell

J'Mond Tapp

Justice Finkley

Ethan Burke

Lol no shit. Sources say it’s fucking hot in Austin.

• Haha 2

Upside for every room:

QB- top 10

RB- 1

WR- top 10 (was top 5 with Neyor healthy as an upside)  

TE- top 10

OL- top 50 week 1, Top 20 by week 12

DT- top 20

LB- Top 30

Secondary- top 25. 

I can’t see, even if the season goes really well- our edge/OLB being a top 50 group- they are bereft of talent and experience. Missing on Mathis sucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Upside for every room:

QB- top 10

RB- 1

TE- top 10

DT- top 20

LB- Top 30

Secondary- top 25. 

I can’t see, even if the season goes really well- our edge/OLB being a top 50 group- they are bereft of talent and experience. Missing on Mathis sucked. 

Hahahahahahhaha on those defensive rankings. Put the hard stuff away, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It’s never a bad time to bring up this play, and it’s one of my favorites in Longhorn history. Massive rep to you, sir.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Upside for every room:

QB- top 10

RB- 1

TE- top 10

DT- top 20

LB- Top 30

Secondary- top 25. 

Our QB has never attempted a pass, our top 2 TE’s have never caught a pass, 3/5ths of our OL have less than 120 career snaps and 3/5ths of our starting secondary is in their first year starting.

Ranking any of those units right now is pointless.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Upside for every room:

QB- top 10

RB- 1

TE- top 10

DT- top 20

LB- Top 30

Secondary- top 25. 

This is worse than ranking aggum top 10

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Our QB has never attempted a pass, our top 2 TE’s have never caught a pass, 3/5ths of our OL have less than 120 career snaps and 3/5ths of our starting secondary is in their first year starting.

Ranking any of those units right now is pointless.

We are strong. No one can tell us we’re wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2