Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person

immamac

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not firing Frost this morning is more embarrassing than losing to GA State. It’s short sided to keep him to avoid a large buyout. It only pisses off donors that much more.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would write a coaching contract where the buyout drops in the middle of the freaking season.  

Who does that benefit?  Who demanded that clause in the contract?

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would write a coaching contract where the buyout drops in the middle of the freaking season.  

Who does that benefit?  Who demanded that clause in the contract?

Thats basically saying that they were going to give him until conference play to show them something. Welp.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Nebraska and Colorado remained in the big 12, I don’t think you see A&M and Mizzou leave. Which would keep Texas and OU. It’s a completely different landscape.

I hope Tom Osborne still has enough mental awareness to know that he ultimately ruined Nebraska football.

I hope his sex change operation went through because he acted like a hysterical woman leaving the B12.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is correct. Dunno why people cant get this

How did they do it before the advent of the Big 12?

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

I want to put a statue up for Trev Alberts and Scott Frost.  I mean they are a fantastic combo.  

I love that this is happening on his watch. If we could somehow tie in Mark May to this debacle, it would be just completely perfect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, I don’t see the difference now and when the buyout drops if this was the choice. You get 3 extra weeks to start a search midseason?  Big whoop?

They both wanted separation as they saw the inevitable... I have no doubt they likely pay the lower number they would on Oct 1st but let him out of his misery now

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

How did they do it before the advent of the Big 12?

You serious?  County scholarships, partial qualifiers, JUCO pipeline, and steroids.  The formation of the Big 12/BCS coincided with the majority of their system breaking down, getting outlawed, and/or coming under more scrutiny.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Casey Thompson’s dad didn’t even get a chance to shit on him in the press. 

Not for lack of opportunity.

28 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

When the school eats $7.5M to make sure you aren’t coaching the next 2 games, that’s some “get the flying fuck outta this state” type shit

Eh, the Runza empire probably just coughed up some extra to cover the difference.

• immamac changed the title to Scott Frost - a very rich unemployed person