• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

Screenshot_20230111-181931_Chrome.jpg

Al had friend who was a German citizen and Elektroniker during the big one, WWII, and was kind enough to share a few stories before her passing at the ripe age 98, a week before her 99th. This post is right on with one of her shared stories with younger Al: an SS Officer came to her design factory one day as the war was raging to give the engineers a pep talk for the Third Reich. 
He came back later the same day without his SS uniform nor his SS handlers to say the war was lost and any further development of these projects was only going to kill more needlessly. Her tale included much of what was in that ‘tweet’ as what they also did to delay development.  She never saw said SS Officer again and was certain he got was all Nazi’s deserved because fuck Nazis. 
She made it to America with her horny American GI soldier husband (more stories) and raised a family. I came to realize later that she lived most of her life living only 1.5 miles away from my maternal grandparents who lived 1400 miles away from young Al, small world. 

I hope you think this is a wonderful story and I hope I told it well. 

Edited by Al Czervik
Punctuation
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Al had friend who was a German citizen and Elektroniker during the big one, WWII, and was kind enough to share a few stories before her passing at the ripe age 98, a week before her 99th. This post is right on with one of her shared stories with younger Al: an SS Officer came to her design factory one day as the war was raging to give the engineers a pep talk for the Third Reich. 
He came back later the same day without his SS uniform nor his SS handlers to say the war was lost and any further development of these projects was only going to kill more needlessly. Her tale included much of what was in that ‘tweet’ as what they also did to delay development.  She never saw said SS Officer again and was certain he got was all Nazi’s deserved because fuck Nazis. 
She made it to America with her horny American GI soldier husband (more stories) and raised a family. I came to realize later that she lived most of her life living only 1.5 miles away from my maternal grandparents who lived 1400 miles away from young Al, small world. 

I hope that SS Officer was caught by the Russians.

8 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

jacksonvillefan.gif

8 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

D88928F5-4000-43CF-AEBE-C748721377E4.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

My first girlfriend, Trudy, was the daughter of an SS captain.
Her mom (a good-looking redhead) divorced him near the end of WWII, then married a US Amy sergeant during the occupation.
Met her when we were stationed in St. Louis in the mid-1950s. 
Trudy had no memories of living in Germany and they never heard what happened to her biological father.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Her mom (a good-looking redhead) divorced him near the end of WWII, then married a US Amy sergeant during the occupation.
Trudy had no memories of living in Germany and they never heard what happened to her biological father.

Trudy's mom knew how to pick the winning side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

<ahem>

*Trude

20 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

<ahem>

*Trude

Originally, yes. 
But after she started school here in the USA she anglicized it to the “y” because of taunts from her classmates.
Anti-German sentiments were still high in some places like St. Louis (a “French” town then) even in the 1950s, just like they had been where my mom lived in St. Genevieve during WW1.
Her name was Gertrude too - at the insistence of my Grandpa (Great Grandpa was fresh off the boat from Rotterdam).

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Originally, yes. 
But after she started school here in the USA she anglicized it to the “y” because of taunts from her classmates.
Anti-German sentiments were still high in some places like St. Louis (a “French” town then) even in the 1950s, just like they had been where my mom lived in St. Genevieve during WW1.
Her name was Gertrude too - at the insistence of my Grandpa (Great Grandpa was fresh off the boat from Rotterdam).

Word.  

It was a little German language joke, that's all.  

Reminded me a little of this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Glory,_Texas

Anyhow, cool story.