• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

2 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

I like to think he's just an awe and never seen the Holy Spirit flood an atmosphere like that.

In my experience, there is nobody as spiritual as the American black woman.

my MIL died a few years ago. at the funeral i was sitting bt my husband and one of his sisters. he's got four siblings so with their respective spouses we were packed pretty tight in the front row. they are all good, church-going types (except us, we're heathens😄)

a good friend of his sis/BIL had come, he was a singer in their home church. BIL is a deacon, etc.

this guy started singing, i don't even know what but it was LOUD. whole church got to swaying, waving hands, exclaiming, some people standing, clapping.. it wasn't bad/uncomfortable but NOT swaying was not an option lol. it just got louder and louder until suddenly his sister jumped from her seat, scared the shit out of me! praising the lord, swaying...then she sort of stumbled back, struck! by the holy spirit! and i jumped up to grab her bc i she was gonna fall... but her deacon husband got to her before me... and he was obviously completely used to this, as was the rest of the family, as nobody else but me even moved! 😆 he didn't even grab her, just kind of steadied her and everybody sang on...

in the car after my husband couldn't stop laughing. he said he knew that was coming...i was like 'well you could have warned me!!"

pretty sure i looked just like Joe at about the 22 sec mark lol

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5