Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I heard that too, but he's contradicting himself a little bit. He's previously described the 3-3-5 as a "bear trap" where the scheme invites you to run to it can crash down on you with safeties. He says that's how TCU shut down the run for us last season. I'm sure there's nuance that I don't appreciate, but it seems like the 3-3-5 has the personnel of a pass defense with the concepts and assignments of a run defense. All of that depends on having aggressive DBs, especially safeties, who like to play downhill. 

I don't have an answer to how we consistently beat the 3-3-5, but for me the real question is - does Baylor have the personnel to effectively run that defense? Do they have safeties who can stop the run? If not, then running the ball seems like the answer. If they have the personnel, then who knows. Throw it to Worthy in the flat and let him be the fastest guy. 

Here is a video that explains how it works and how to attack it. Skip all the coach stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It's a hard defense to poke holes in. Requires you to be patient, precise and not get behind the chains. If it was easy scheme to plan for then it wouldn't be spreading like it is and teams wouldn't keep copying it. And as I mentioned earlier it renders a lot of the window dressing and presnap motions moot because it doesn't change the defensive assignments or put them in conflict. 

Riley had major issues against the defense too. NFL teams are starting to copy it.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Here is a video that explains how it works and how to attack it. Skip all the coach stuff.

I hate that we just started calling this defense a Tampa 2. Tampa the MB runs with anything up the seam but starts with a cover 2 look. The flyover has a safety already dedicated to that 3rd. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 6th Street said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

We are converting just under 38% on 3rd down, good for #84 in the country. Kansas and OU are #1 and #2 at 66%. 😳

Let the both play the teams Texas has played and let’s see how they rank.  Your comparison is ridiculous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The offensive lines in 2007 and 2009 really struggled and that is reflected in those stats.
I don't know what happened in 2008 but for one season that group could pass protect at a high level. Still couldn't block for crap in the run game, but they could pass protect. 
One of the things that amazed me during post-2005 Mack Brown is that the offensive line was perennially one of the weak links (and in 2009 THE weak link) on the team and he rarely even talked about it much less did anything about it. 

Banks will (hopefully) end a 20-year drought of 1st round talent on the line year after next. For some reason he needs to school.

Mackovic was probably first recruiting the last 1st round talent drafted (Mike Williams) before he signed w Mack.

Bijan ended a 17-fucking-year drought on the offensive side. Jesus, we’ve been wandering the wilderness. Blame falls squarely on Mack Brown to squander momentum.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:04 PM, Thatguy said:

I hate that we just started calling this defense a Tampa 2. Tampa the MB runs with anything up the seam but starts with a cover 2 look. The flyover has a safety already dedicated to that 3rd. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does.

It bothers me a ton as well. It’s not the same defense at all.

So Ewers’ best games by far have all been away from DKR. Not recalling a particularly great game from him at home?

Maybe coincidence? Or maybe something in the “focusness” factor starting the day prior to the game where he feeds off of the road game structure?

Ready to see Good Quinn at DKR!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This game is what we all kinda dreamed of with Ewers and Sark. He was efficient, not asked to do too much, and had plenty of explosive plays. He got the ball out on time and on target.

When this offense is in rhythm, it's the scariest in college football. 

To me it's the scariest when it's not in rhythm.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet