Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 hours ago, hook me said:

After seeing what TCU did to Gabriel last year when he slid, I think I'd prefer Quinn to just not run this week unless the game is closer than it should be in the 4th. It'll be interesting to see who comes off the bench first if the game is a blowout. Since MM has had plenty of gametime experience do we get to see Arch?

Actually, pretty simple for Quinn….hand the ball off, throw the ball, take a knee.

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Similarly to telling DBs to take a PI rather than letting the WR catch a deep ball, tell the OL to take a hold rather than letting the QB get hit. And if someone gets a hit, you punish his ass thext play or five.

And Quinn needs to throw it into the stands and take the grounding penalty.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

How does sliding, and indicating to the defender to back the fuck off, a bigger injury risk to the qb than just getting drilled by some linebacker or headhunting safety?

Because the defenders are coming full speed and often unable to slow down if the QB doesn’t give themselves up early enough 

So the QB makes himself defenseless and then gets fucking rocked 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

Because the defenders are coming full speed and often unable to slow down if the QB doesn’t give themselves up early enough 

Ain't no Texas QB gonna get the call if it does happen. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Plus, the qb is bad about waiting as late as possible, to either gain a few more feet or see if they can get a flag.
  • Hook 'Em 2

If you actually listened you would know it was a decision from Quinn, his family, the doctors.....You think Quinn's dad would allow him to come back sooner than he should and risk hurting his future more?

lol I mean I thought it was pretty obvious I was being tongue in cheek but whatever. You are right. Everything said at a press conference should be taken at 100% face value, it’s crazy to even entertain the possibility of there being more to the story.

8 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Germany once had the world's best wine, cheeses and bread.  It was only for the early 1940s, and really just far western part of Germany, but still.

We go to a village (~1500 people) in the far western part of Germany every 3 or 4 years. Eat fresh bread every day with cheese & salami or homemade jellies for breakfast and beef or pork and potatoes for dinner, and drink a shit ton of Bitburger Pilsner.  Can't compare it to 40's but thinking of spending the summers over there.

Back to football ...

Ewers' last 78 minutes of football, before he got hurt (from 2nd Qtr v. OU until 3rd Qtr v. Houston):

Oklahoma 26/28 92.9% 341 yds 12.2 yds/att
Houston 19/20 95.0% 182 yds 9.1 yds/att
Totals 45/48 93.8% 523 yds 10.9 yds/att

Too bad against OU he left his fastball in the locker room after banging Millie ... (he started 5/9 for 13 yds and 2 picks).

TCU, with everybody healthy, including Brooks & Baxter, I expect we'll see a run heavy, ball control passing offense, with occasional deep shots against 1 on 1 coverage.

We are past due for a complete football game.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, tbone_ said:

How does sliding, and indicating to the defender to back the fuck off, a bigger injury risk to the qb than just getting drilled by some linebacker or headhunting safety?

You see guys hit home runs on balls on a fast ball above the strike zone from time to time, sure.  But, they are a lot more likely to crush the fuck out of a shitty middle/middle breaking pitch, and that's exactly what a sliding QB is doing with his head and neck area when he slides feet first.  He's taking it from being 5.5-6.5 feet high up in the air and on the move to squarely in the strike zone, slowing down and defenseless.  The guy who was trying to drive all his energy into your midsection to bring you down now has it all directed at your head and neck.  WHAMMY!

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

You mean like Turner against Daniels last Sat night (LSU @ Bama)?

That was in the pocket so not really the same thing.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The grades of sprain in this injury are related to how much separation of the soft tissue occurs at the joint. Usually you can see this damage on MRI but a arm weighted xray can show the relative soft tissue damage from normal vs abnormal gaps between bones. 

I don’t like the grading system as grades 1 and 2 encompass everything short of a complete tear. But for his return this fast, I would assume he had a higher grade 1 and not a true grade 2 sprain or he was visited by Jesus in order to heal this quickly.

Well I heard VY did in fact visit him
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Plus, the qb is bad about waiting as late as possible, to either gain a few more feet or see if they can get a flag.

Dillon uses it to draw calls. Just like Baker used to try and scam calls. 

Sliding is stupid, Ewers has actually been "giving himself up" much better this year just diving forward early. 

Whatever you do, just do it early and the guys will have time to pull up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

You see guys hit home runs on balls on a fast ball above the strike zone from time to time, sure.  But, they are a lot more likely to crush the fuck out of a shitty middle/middle breaking pitch, and that's exactly what a sliding QB is doing with his head and neck area when he slides feet first.  He's taking it from being 5.5-6.5 feet high up in the air and on the move to squarely in the strike zone, slowing down and defenseless.  The guy who was trying to drive all his energy into your midsection to bring you down now has it all directed at your head and neck.  WHAMMY!

That was in the pocket so not really the same thing.  

champ-kind-wham.gif

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Dillon uses it to draw calls. Just like Baker used to try and scam calls. 

Sliding is stupid, Ewers has actually been "giving himself up" much better this year just diving forward early. 

Whatever you do, just do it early and the guys will have time to pull up. 

I hate the recent trend of QBs tiptoeing on the sidelines and acting like they are gonna go out of bounds, so nobody hits them, only to turn upfield and steal a few extra yards. There is nothing the defense can do in that situation. If they hit the QB the ref will call a penalty. I think those guys should get lit up when they try that stuff.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Your Mom said:

And also please tell me that Quinn is practicing with the baseball team to learn how to slide.  

Also, also please tell me Surly has been practicing their overreactions to every play and deciding that Texas will never win anything ever again, Sark needs to be fired and is always going to be mediocre, PK is a disaster, Ewers can't win championships, the O Line is garbage, StAhP Worthy ... wait no that's great WAIT NO just StAHp doint that!  etc ad infinitum and so on.

It's crunch time. We are all really gonna need to be performing at our bests this weekend.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I hate the recent trend of QBs tiptoeing on the sidelines and acting like they are gonna go out of bounds, so nobody hits them, only to turn upfield and steal a few extra yards. There is nothing the defense can do in that situation. If they hit the QB the ref will call a penalty. I think those guys should get lit up when they try that stuff.

image.png.94eefd8d133fc7f77fa1a104cee8140f.png

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

01cb-slide-superJumbo.jpg

• Like 1