Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

The more I think about it, the more I am surprised that we didnt have more middle pressure. Going into the game, we knew Majors had problems with huge interior guys, and Hutson was a true freshman in his second game. Conner was going to be fine, but props to those two for keeping the middle cleaner than I was expecting. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

It's a fucking safety. Period. 

And it wasn't reviewed. Fuck this shit hole conference. 

I’m so tired of posters calling the refs “ incompetent “. 
It has nothing to do with their competence, please use the correct description if you are educated: “deliberate fuckery”

One  would have to be completely obtuse to think the deliberate fuckery didn’t affect the game’s outcome. Whether it’s because they have a boner for Texas or needed a new vehicle, it’s not a random “oops”, so please stop blaming their competence. 

This unfortunately is not going to disappear with relocation to the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

You play #1 within a point, it seems likely that you are a top 20 team. Either they move Texas up or move Bama down. I do not think it really matters. The next 2 weeks will tell us if this is a new Texas. The Herman era can pretty much be summed up as getting up for a big game and losing all momentum vs an inferior opponent the next week. Texas comes out next week playing like this and I will start singing “Don’t stop Believing”. 

I believe it already, the Dline and LB's actually pressured and got multiple sacks on a QB against a good D1 Oline.. Haven't seen that in years.  And our Oline wasn't a total clusterfrick with 2 Freshmen playing.  I don't think the D today was an anomoly...I think Patterson's making a big impact....Hope he looks at this as a good gig before retirement and wants to hang around a couple or 3 years.

Edited by Azbadlands

8 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

I'm sorry, the cult of Traylor is what it is, but UTSA isn't a well coached team.  Traylor recruits well and he out athletes marginal teams but they aren't some well disciplined giant killer.  We could hand it off 60 times to our backs and we will run them off the field.

I'm worried if Card is the QB but I think some were worried about UTSA because of how they played against Houston. 

Houston isn't a top 25 team like they were ranked in the preseason polls. 

I had sportscenter on in the background as I was reading some stuff and nearly spit out a mouthful of soda when I heard Sarkisian say "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time."

lmao I'm surprised I didn't hear the surly groan all the way out here in Arizona.  😂

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

I had sportscenter on in the background as I was reading some stuff and nearly spit out a mouthful of soda when I heard Sarkisian say "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time."
lmao I'm surprised I didn't hear the surly groan all the way out here in Arizona.  

Yeah, I heard that too.

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

I’m so tired of posters calling the refs “ incompetent “. 
It has nothing to do with their competence, please use the correct description if you are educated: “deliberate fuckery”

One  would have to be completely obtuse to think the deliberate fuckery didn’t affect the game’s outcome. Whether it’s because they have a boner for Texas or needed a new vehicle, it’s not a random “oops”, so please stop blaming their competence. 

This unfortunately is not going to disappear with relocation to the SEC. 

Absolutely  deliberate fuckery

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Think about how they looked against Arky last year compared to today.

Yep. I'm not at all conflicted about how to feel after this performance. I'm pumped, and I can't remember ever saying that after a loss. This team is on the right trajectory.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

People, it isn't grounding because it bounces off defender helmet

The refs blew this call. Young was down before he grounded the ball and before it hit a horn.

Young’s ankle was down.

Tackles are reviewable. Safety.

Video pulled from sporting news at 0:56

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/explaining-weird-play-negated-texas-safety-alabama/qfev6c7vhqfpgyugx0ubnll4

7ABD6066-0A7C-41C9-BDE7-361834206087.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Rankings don't matter.  Who gives a shit.  Texas showed that they are not a pushover.  Win out and they control their destiny.

This. Rankings are pure fantasy this early in the season. Just BS for media to use promoting next week’s games. The only poll that means shit is the final playoff top four. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Was at a funeral all day so just watched this game. With Ewers Texas wins by 10 imo. We won’t win another game until he starts again - Card can’t win against any FBS team we face imo. He’s absolutely worthless and every defense can stack the box and we can’t do anything about it. That defensive effort. was amazing. The speed is better than we’ve had in a decade at least. Good signs there. Horrific signs at QB. 

Get well soon, Ewers. Horse tranquilizers work …

Totally disagree with the bolded. This defense with even 75% of the effort it put out vs bama will win the next two games by themselves. Throw in the face that UTSA and tech don’t have the defense we just faced and the running backs will have a field day. Card isn’t at the same level as Ewers but I think the Alabama game might have finally gotten him over his tendency to turtle up under pressure. He leans on Bijan and connects on a few passes we will be in good shape. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Was at a funeral all day so just watched this game. With Ewers Texas wins by 10 imo. We won’t win another game until he starts again - Card can’t win against any FBS team we face imo. He’s absolutely worthless and every defense can stack the box and we can’t do anything about it. That defensive effort. was amazing. The speed is better than we’ve had in a decade at least. Good signs there. Horrific signs at QB. 

Get well soon, Ewers. Horse tranquilizers work …

It’s not like there was a big lead that got whittled away. Giving Ewers credit for the score on the drive he was injured, it was tied when Card entered.

So he is capable of staying within a point of #1 on one leg-and leading a drive that put us ahead with just over a minute to go-but can’t beat the likes of UTSA and Tech? 🤨

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

The refs blew this call. Young was down before he grounded the ball and before it hit a horn.

Young’s ankle was down.

Tackles are reviewable. Safety.

Video pulled from sporting news at 0:56

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/explaining-weird-play-negated-texas-safety-alabama/qfev6c7vhqfpgyugx0ubnll4

7ABD6066-0A7C-41C9-BDE7-361834206087.png

And intentional grounding in the endzone. One guy at our watch party(who isn't a college football fan but likes the NFL) said, "his ankle is down and intentional grounding! That is absolutely a safety! Texas should be furious with the no call. Challenge it Sark!" 

I went to the game. I ended up going back to my hotel after the surly tailgate and sleeping until 2 in the morning. Going to give my thoughts.

If you told me before the game that Quinn would go down and this game would be close, I would've assumed Bijan had a career day or something bizarre happened. Instead our defense played lights out and Card was ok. We asked Card to drive us down the field and score. He actually did it. If we can get our D to play anywhere close to how they did today for the rest of the season, then I think we might be able to go into Cotton Bowl with a 4-1 record. DKR was rocking. The environment was crazier than LSU in 2019.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Proud of this team. Here are a few positives: the big one, no turnovers! Two: Hudson Card actually stepped up even while limping was running for first downs because he understands that pain is temporary, but a loss to Texas is forever. He's improved some(last year he takes too many sacks or fumbles or throws the ball away) and I was pleasantly surprised to see him side step a rush and step up in the pocket to make a throw. Three, our defense. OMG I feel so much better about conference play this season. They're wickedly good. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Tex48 said:

I went to the game. I ended up going back to my hotel after the surly tailgate and sleeping until 2 in the morning. Going to give my thoughts.

If you told me before the game that Quinn would go down and this game would be close, I would've assumed Bijan had a career day or something bizarre happened. Instead our defense played lights out and Card was ok. We asked Card to drive us down the field and score. He actually did it. If we can get our D to play anywhere close to how they did today for the rest of the season, then I think we might be able to go into Cotton Bowl with a 4-1 record. DKR was rocking. The environment was crazier than LSU in 2019.  

With our defense, there should be ABSOLUTELTY NO REASON OR EXCUSE TO COLLAPSE OR NOT BEAT OKLAHOMA THIS YEAR!

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate to go all Satya here but some of you guys are high. Top 15 team at the end of the year? 4-1 going to The RRS? 

If Card is the quarterback, much less if he has a high ankle sprain (and Depp’s info better measure up or he should get net bombed into oblivion), we aren’t getting to RRS at 4-1. 

Big 12 offenses are going to be better than Bama’s was. Not more talented, but more proficient. They will play with faster tempo and will exploit areas—like the middle of the field—that were open against Bama but BoB wouldn’t take advantage of.

I’m thrilled with the apparent improvement on defense but getting up for a game against the #1 team in the nation in front of 105,000 at home is easy. Going to Lubbock is a different story.

Out season always rode on Ewers being healthy. Without him, we’re a 6-6 team. We hope. 

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 12

It’s not like there was a big lead that got whittled away. Giving Ewers credit for the score on the drive he was injured, it was tied when Card entered.
So he is capable of staying within a point of #1 on one leg-and leading a drive that put us ahead with just over a minute to go-but can’t beat the likes of UTSA and Tech?

Oh shut the fuck up Donnie you’re out of your element. Ewers had a rating 30 motherfucking points higher than Card and until the last fucking drive of the game Ewers had more yards on half as many attempts. I appreciate his efforts but we stayed within one point of the #1 team in the country in spite of Card, not because of him you ignorant wretch.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

This game was different. Texas actually played well. It wasn’t like the LSU game. We could tell the defense sucked in that game. Texas looks good like for real. Don’t get me wrong I have PTSD from the decade and am a little worried about next week but this texas team looks different than before. I am worried about card he sucks. I think If Casey was the back up he could’ve won that game. Half of me thinks he can’t win a game and the other half thinks we almost beat bama with him so maybe theres a chance.

Card will start vs UTSA and I'm sure they'll have Maalik and Charles Wright ready to go as well. This game will help Card get out most of the kinks and see what truly works for him. No way does he lead us to the promise land, but it's relieving to see he can step up and actually score us some points. Gotta punch in TDs and not settle for FGs.

7 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Roschon was an all state qb.  Insert him and run a wildcat/spread

On the wildcat they ran on 3rd and short inside the 10 I think after the safety/non safety thing I really would like to know if Roschon had the green light to make the read to throw. The backside end stayed home so he handed off, but if he had the option to read the play to throw there was no one to the side K Robinson leaked out. It would have been a soft toss TD he was so open. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Oh shut the fuck up Donnie you’re out of your element. Ewers had a rating 30 motherfucking points higher than Card and until the last fucking drive of the game Ewers had more yards on half as many attempts. I appreciate his efforts but we stayed within one point of the #1 team in the country in spite of Card, not because of him you ignorant wretch.

It helps if you actually read what I wrote and was responding to before typing a lot of inane, irrelevant drivel. I’m not arguing anything at all about Card vs. Ewers, simply that we’re not incapable of beating any other FBS team with Card at QB, which is literally what was stated.

Edited by formermav43

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Big 12 offenses are going to be better than Bama’s was. Not more talented, but more proficient. They will play with faster tempo and will exploit areas—like the middle of the field—that were open against Bama but BoB wouldn’t take advantage of.

This is really stupid. It's still Alabama. 

This is the most surly shit ever. Texas shuts down Alabma who has been one of the best offenses in the country for years and then you resort to "but ya know they aren't better than Big 12 teams."

Get the fuck out of here. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the most surly shit ever. Texas shuts down Alabma who has been one of the best offenses in the country for years and then you resort to "but ya know they aren't better than Big 12 teams."

Some of you have really short memories.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Some of you have really short memories.

I'm far from convinced Texas will have a great season but come on. 

"Big 12 offenses are going to be better than Bama's was." This is just fucking stupid. Bama has the best QB, RBs, OL, and TEs we will face all year. They've been a top 5ish offense going on a decade. 

19 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’ll reserve till I hear what cards status is, but next week is absolutely a trap game given the atmosphere for the bama game will be half of that. We aren’t good enough to come out that pumped but we will see.

Next weekend will tell us how this team will be going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We held last year's Heisman winner to 20 pts and kept last year's Nagurski winner to no impact until Bijan missed the block on our final offensive play of the game. We more than held our own. We outplayed them but made the little mistakes here and there that kept us out of the end zone and got us beat. 

Regarding the refs this is how Bama plays where they're being outplayed. They commit a penalty on every play and dare the refs to call them all knowing they won't. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People still talk of big 12 like it’s 2008….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Wonder when we will get an idea on Ewers timeline.  

Was it confirmed to be a sprained clavicle? If so that's 2 weeks most likely. Probably a case where he could Toradol it if this was a major end of season game coming up but since it's game 3 in non-conference they'll sit him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

People still talk of big 12 like it’s 2008….

It's not even an offensive league anymore and especially with Riley gone. 

Texas may falter defensively but I bet there isn't a single team in the Big 12 that comes close to Bama's offensive production by the end of the season. 

This game was huge for team buy-in and culture. I will go to my grave knowing that with Ewers the whole way we win that game by double digits, and I am sure the players feel the same way. That is so important for a new coach to have his players believing that he is leading them in the right direction. 

Short term, we will be in trouble if both Ewers and Card are out for multiple games, but long term this team knows that Sark can take them where they need to go. 

• Hook 'Em 4