Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

E. Acho is a total loser douche clown that never achieved shit at Texas. He has no right to talk shit about anyone playing for a Texas team that's actually winning games. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Emmanuel Acho was starting LB on the 2009 Texas team that won the Big 12 and went to the national championship 

I'm pretty sure he wasn't. And if he was he sucked because he had 45 tackles all season in 14 games played.

Either way he's a fucking annoying dickhead just like a lot of posters here with UT degrees are. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

He wasn't wrong in that post. Murphy just stood there in that moment.

Plenty of qbs don’t put effort into among a tackle on an int. While it looks bad, and it pisses me off to no end, I’m not gonna raise a ton of for it. Not like Texas could necessary afford to have any more injuries to the qb room.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't. And if he was he sucked because he had 45 tackles all season in 14 games played.

Either way he's a fucking annoying dickhead just like a lot of posters here with UT degrees are. 

He was a sophomore, he also had 9.5 TFL a int, and a couple sacks. You’re ragey, which is funny but it makes you seem like a psycho lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Maalik did what I expected, struggled especially in the first half. Second half was better. It was first game jitters. Give him some time. There's a lot to work on with him this week, but it wasn't terrible for his first start.  

If I was the coach…..I’d put you in!

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Plenty of qbs don’t put effort into among a tackle on an int. While it looks bad, and it pisses me off to no end, I’m not gonna raise a ton of for it. Not like Texas could necessary afford to have any more injuries to the qb room.

If it’s the difference between a pick 6 and just a long punt? They damn near returned that for a TD bud 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He had the 4th most tackles for loss on the team that season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Tap in?  Okay, I’ll take the points. Im not talking shit. Im calling it like I see it, and frankly everyone I know sees it the same way, but Surly sees it differently. Your obnoxious take is a guy that is 6-1 with 13 TDs and 3 INTs with a 164 rating and literally the highest ranked recruit ever should be scrapped in the midst of a 7-1 season because you saw a few things you liked out of a complete project. That sentiment prevails here. 

Im prob getting negged because I’m not providing the requisite preambles here that I understand MM is a redshirt freshman, etc. I understand that. This isn’t last year. We have a chance to win the conference champ and cannot wait on MM to develop. I understand this isn’t his fault but your hot take is particularly ridiculous. 

+1. Maalik showed me enough that I feel good about him for as long as he needs to play. Once Quinn is health enough to go, he's back. Hopefully for Iowa State at latest. 

As far as this bet goes, my heart is with @ztejas. My brain is with @Jewish Wang. I stopped laying points with texas a long time ago because i try to bet with my brain. it generally works in my favor.

If it’s the difference between a pick 6 and just a long punt? They damn near returned that for a TD bud 
Again, that shit infuriates me. But I understand why a lot of them don’t do it.
Maalik Murphy is dealing with a touchy back and a lingering ankle, why on earth would he potentially hurt himself for that play?
That is a very smart play by a young player.

This is why I’m not super pissed about it.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Maalik Murphy is dealing with a touchy back and a lingering ankle, why on earth would he potentially hurt himself for that play?

That is a very smart play by a young player.

If you're not going to try to make the tackle then don't run down the field and get in the way. If you don't want to risk getting hurt then as soon as the interception is thrown lie down on the ground and get in fetal position so no one will hurt you. 

Or the QB can not be a pussy and try to go keep his fuck up from being a pick 6. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

5 weeks and you already caved? ... Check your man card in and bow your head in shame xD.

I also missed most of the game. Had fence to build and today was the first day of reliably good weather and available time to do it. After the third Texas TD, I resumed work on the fence. Maalik looked about like I expected -- a work in progress.

Same and some mowing. Also, it's the last weekend before the idiots take over. Plus fixing fence is man work unlike pumpkin cuttin' 😁

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

If you're not going to try to make the tackle then don't run down the field and get in the way. If you don't want to risk getting hurt then as soon as the interception is thrown lie down on the ground and get in fetal position so no one will hurt you. 

Or the QB can not be a pussy and try to go keep his fuck up from being a pick 6. 

Obviously he gave it a shot and stopped after feeling pain. Don’t be dumb like Acho.

7 hours ago, freyguy said:

Yes, Ewers is still our starter, and he should be back on the field whenever he is healthy again.  But fuck, you guys are fisting yourselves to death over this.  Let's see what Maalik does next week.

Also, this team is still not complete.  Our OL is bad.

Really just the center and left guard

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Maaliks feet were his worst attribute today. His feet were so clean in the Spring game. The Mormons body slammed the mechanics out of him early. Though I think he showed a lot of promise. He’s got a real challenge ahead of him this week. 

No shit his feet are going to be different. It’s a lot fucking different when you can’t be hit in a spring game or practice than game. 

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

So you think Quinn is a national championship winning QB? 

Don't twist what I'm saying. 

I’ve seen worse QBs win national championships.

6 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

It’s likely Sark knew MM had a high probably of throwing an interception. I mean, he’s seen the guy play a few snaps. It’s also very likely that in preparing him for this event, he was told not to do anything that would risk injury and compound the QB situation.

I mean; it’s possible Cali Swag doesn’t believe in violence, but highly unlikely.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Oh, and for some reason, I’m imagining the same people bitching about MM not making the tackle, would be absolutely roasting him if he got injured during the course of making the tackle. “Stupid MFer, doesn’t he know how important he to the team right now!”

shhh  we want the guy suffering back spazims all week to tackle 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crapinon said:

I don't get paid millions to coach, but I kinda of understand the philosophy behind this.

"Sometimes the best way to get rid of any of the jitters that a guy might have is let him go play," Sarkisian said. "When I was a quarterback, my first time I went out there, give me some throws. Don't make me wait until it's third-and-9 and now I have to throw it to try to make a play."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38767542/texas-maalik-murphy-makes-most-start-ailing-quinn-ewers

That's because it's solid. Good post.

• Hook 'Em 5

59 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Maalik looked absolutely HORRIBLE in his first career start, with a 16/24 2/1 performance.

Unlike Quinn Ewers who shot to Heisman candidacy against the University of Louisiana Monroe, with a 16/25 2/1 performance.

Look, all you need to know is the QB1 spot was awarded to the guy who transformed his body. QE went from 218 to 195.

Murphy was fine. He made a few boneheaded decisions because he was a bit too confident in his abilities. The only shocking thing to me was how immobile he is. Hell, he was worn out after a 5 yard jog in an “attempt” to catch the defender that intercepted that pass. I don’t even know if it was a jog. It’s like his body didn’t know how to move at any thing faster than a slow walk and he gave up after a half dozen steps.

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers