Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

I’m not as worried about Maalik against KSU as I am about Sarks playcalling droughts and trying to get too cute. Maalik settled down and played fairly well for his first start, after the 5:00 mark in Q2.

This.  Was going to add that Sark’s play calling did the offense no favors.  

Maalik looked better against BYU than Quinn did against Cougar High. Some of that might have been injury, some of that might have been having to play on the road, some of that might have been the lack of a longstanding rivalry, but I don't think we want to rush Quinn's recovery out of a fear that Maalik isn't as good.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm happy for Maalik, and he played good enough for a solid win. He's a QB still in development. He stares down receivers for way too long before delivering the ball. He throws off his back foot often. He panics when pressured.  But, he also made some good downfield throws and hung tough. And, he showed some improvement during the game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Maalik looked better against BYU than Quinn did against Cougar High. Some of that might have been injury, some of that might have been having to play on the road, some of that might have been the lack of a longstanding rivalry, but I don't think we want to rush Quinn's recovery out of a fear that Maalik isn't as good.

I disagree. Quinn was better last week. Quinn is still the better QB but he also has more experience. I'm not convinced he has more upside or a higher ceiling. For starters - Murphy seems to progress through reads more quickly and frankly sees shit that I don't think Quinn does.

Whatever has always bothered me about Quinn isn't there with MM. That doesn't mean Maalik is a better player but he sure as shit has my attention after today. 

I can't wait for next week. I'm fucking excited. We have some real shit to play for and we have a backup QB that might be up to task.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Maalik told all receivers to wear gloves this week, as they’re coming in HOT!

Hook’em!!!

Buddy every receiver everywhere wears gloves even if noodle arm Case McCoy throw to you. 

7 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I remember when James Street replaced Bill Bradley at QB a game and a half into the 1968 season and that turned out pretty well.  Here’s hoping the same for Maalik.

I know this was pre-game wishful thinking but come on man. 

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  The combination of that terrible pick plus the give up pretty much got me ready for Arch to be honest.  

The pick was awful and so was the fumble. He should’ve been picked two other times. He is not ready and won’t be here. There were times he looked like he hadn’t played the position before. 

• Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Insanity. I guess you didn’t see Quinn play against Cougar High. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Yes, Ewers is still our starter, and he should be back on the field whenever he is healthy again.  But fuck, you guys are fisting yourselves to death over this.  Let's see what Maalik does next week.

Also, this team is still not complete.  Our OL is bad.

Watching Connor pull is the softest thing I’ve seen in a while. The one on the goal line was bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I'm happy for Maalik, and he played good enough for a solid win. He's a QB still in development. He stares down receivers for way too long before delivering the ball. He throws off his back foot often. He panics when pressured.  But, he also made some good downfield throws and hung tough. And, he showed some improvement during the game.

All of this, but I thought he actually stayed fairly composed when pressured.  Moreso even than Quinn in some instances.  I was happy overall today.  Next week has me worried, but not only because of Maalik.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I disagree. Quinn was better last week. Quinn is still the better QB but he also has more experience. I'm not convinced he has more upside or a higher ceiling. For starters - Murphy seems to progress through reads more quickly and frankly sees shit that I don't think Quinn does.

Whatever has always bothered me about Quinn isn't there with MM. That doesn't mean Maalik is a better player but he sure as shit has my attention after today. 

I can't wait for next week. I'm fucking excited. We have some real shit to play for and we have a backup QB that might be up to task.

quinn makes a lot of bad decisions and is slow to read the defense. one of those bad decisions is why he's injured.

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

quinn makes a lot of bad decisions and is slow to read the defense. one of those bad decisions is why he's injured.

You mean the bad decision where Sanders missed a block and Quinn got sacked and landed on his throwing shoulder?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Moreso even than Quinn in some instances.

The ball to JT as he was getting hit in the 1Q was unreal and not something I've ever seen Quinn do.

The pick in the 1Q was also not a pass that Quinn would ever make. 

He's a different player - for better or worse.

I'm just glad our QB room is in a place to where we aren't fucked when someone goes down. I mean I bet Arch is good enough to where we wouldn't be totally fucked if Maalik went down. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

perhaps if he'd read the defense faster he wouldn't have been hit

Sanders whiffed on the block. QE never had a chance. Tonite we had a kickoff return for a TD and 3 takeaways and we still only put up the roughly the same points QE puts up when he is running the O.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hahaha at you fucks expecting a guy with 8 passes to come out and light it up in his first start. He did what he needed to do. Bunch of fucking snowflakes around here. @Nicole44 has more testicular fortitude than most of yall.

"This player didn't play well, ergo you are snowflakes and Nicole has balls".

wat?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Sanders whiffed on the block. QE never had a chance. Tonite we had a kickoff return for a TD and 3 takeaways and we still only put up the roughly the same points QE puts up when he is running the O.

He's better at some things but worse at others. He shouldn't rush the recovery because we'll need him 100% for the CCG, if we can make it there.

33 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

He is not ready and won’t be here.

You are a fucking mongoloid. What a stupid fucking cunt you are. 

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hahaha at you fucks expecting a guy with 8 passes to come out and light it up in his first start. He did what he needed to do. Bunch of fucking snowflakes around here. @Nicole44 has more testicular fortitude than most of yall.

This. Miserable pussies just wanting to be miserable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

@Thatguy gracias! Normally, it’s a bunch of posters hating on me for being a chick. You and I disagree on certain things, but I’ve met you and you’re a cool guy and legit. You take a lot of crap to make your point and I do making my point but what’s cool is we know who we are and where we stand. You’re cool! 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

@Thatguy gracias! Normally, it’s a bunch of posters hating on me for being a chick. You and I disagree on certain things, but I’ve met you and you’re a cool guy and legit. You take a lot of crap to make your point and I do making my point but what’s cool is we know who we are and where we stand. You’re cool! 

Yes. It was nice to put a face to the name and despite all the bullshit you are a solid poster. Keep at it and ignore the haters.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers