Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Ever wanted to run out of the tunnel at the Cotton Bowl?  Better yet, do it with Quinn? (sound up👆)

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Best video Texas media has ever produced

Should have waited another 5 seconds to catch the next "OU Sucks" on the audio.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Klatt said Texas might be #1 today if Quinn hadn’t gotten hurt vs Bama. Pretty wild.

Yep.  I saw the podcast where he said this on You Tube.   He also warned us after the Bama loss that we might take a loss or even two before the OU Game due to Ewers possibly being out and we’d be back on all cylinders when he got the go to play.   Sure enough.   I like his insight and commentary in games gets to call.   Better than Herbstreet and Gary Danielson  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.  I saw the podcast where he said this on You Tube.   He also warned us after the Bama loss that we might take a loss or even two before the OU Game due to Ewers possibly being out and we’d be back on all cylinders when he got the go to play.   Sure enough.   I like his insight and commentary in games gets to call.   Better than Herbstreet and Gary Danielson  

Yep, and it's not even close. Herbie and Danielson bring the opposite of insight. I come away feeling less informed after listening to them babble.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

Mc is kinda a dildo on radio segments in dfw, but he very much wanted to go to Tx… he bagged on Greg Davis directly for snubbing him. 

Yeah, we've discussed him on The Ticket thread on the "Movies & TV" board. McElroy isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is in his weekly radio appearances. I think he's trying way too hard to be Klatt 2.0, who has been on The Ticket for years. McElroy is pretty good in the booth, though, I must say.

Klatt is great. He's been calling out all of the SEC's little tricks to boost their records, protect their reputations and so on for years and years. He's terrific.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, we've discussed him on The Ticket thread on the "Movies & TV" board. McElroy isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is in his weekly radio appearances. I think he's trying way too hard to be Klatt 2.0, who has been on The Ticket for years. McElroy is pretty good in the booth, though, I must say.

Klatt is great. He's been calling out all of the SEC's little tricks to boost their records, protect their reputations and so on for years and years. He's terrific.

I will always respect that he treats us pretty well after the beating we gave him.  That is the sort of thing that could lead to some long term resentment.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Klatt said Texas might be #1 today if Quinn hadn’t gotten hurt vs Bama. Pretty wild.

Yep, and I already love Klatt, but my love went straight to will you marry me territory. But he's right. With Quinn at the helm, I don't see anyone who can  beat us. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

I’ll never understand his love for texas. It’s really odd.

I saw that segment by him also.

In this scenario, not losing Quinn, beating Alabama and Tech we WOULD be 6-0. Beating the #1 and a beatdown (worse loss in program history) of your arch rival this last weekend would make it pretty easy to put us top 3, maybe 1, which is what his comment was.

So what he said is not really a hard assumption. I believe he is just a good analyst that provides great feedback and color when announcing. He also made some points about how overall, the Big 12 is the best conference in football this year. He just brings good, common sense insight and doesn't let bias (not that he shows any against us) get in his way. 

I've always thought he has been great in the booth.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, wood said:

I'll allow it. Greg McElroy seems to love him some Horns, too.

He's from the DFW area and has said in the past that they were his team as a kid. 

He told a funny story about Leach recruiting him out of HS.  He was committed to TT, but then Alabama wanted him.  So, he called Mike, and told him on the phone he was decommitting. Leach got upset and asked why he wanted to go to a program that throws it 10 times a game and hung up.  CSB, I know. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, markstanco said:

He's from the DFW area and has said in the past that they were his team as a kid. 

He told a funny story about Leach recruiting him out of HS.  He was committed to TT, but then Alabama wanted him.  So, he called Mike, and told him on the phone he was decommitting. Leach got upset and asked why he wanted to go to a program that throws it 10 times a game and hung up.  CSB, I know. 

Yeah I heard him say before the game that he'd wanted to QB at Texas. Going to Bama over Tech seems to have worked out well enough for him.

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That hit made him a better person for it 

Which one? He took so many shots in the B12CG, it started to hurt me. Kept getting back up. I still tell my boys about how he took that beating. Respek!

Edited by wood
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:28 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

SIAP

I was seated probably a section or 2 over from these ladies.  There was a guy in a Sooners shirt up high and at some point in the 4th quarter he gets so frustrated that he takes off his Sooner shirt and throws it over the ledge onto the lower section.  Someone, i assume obe of gis buddies; gives him a texas shirt and he puts it on the the cheer of the crowd wears it with pride.  It was what I imagined living near the North/South Korean border is like. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Greg McElroy was really good, even got a dig at Tessitore at the end of the game. I thought his analysis and telestrator skills brought a lot to the game. He really understands Sarkisian's offensive philosophy.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

I’ll never understand his love for texas. It’s really odd.

I swear it's for the aggy tears.  He looooves reminding aggys they are mediocre at best despite their delusions of grandeur.  He is on a Dallas radio show 1x per week and it's pretty clear he enjoys dunking on the host that has a kid at aggy.

random thought i just had.  sark, herman, strong, and mack all beat ou in their second year of coaching.  mack got blindsided in his...with heupel and stoops coming out of nowhere and jumping out 17-0 before major went hero mode.  strong won a bizarre defensive game that we had no business competing in.  herman caught the few week lightning strike of sam playing really well starting with usc in 2018.  sark just wrecked the worst ou team since john blake roamed around.