Game Week - Oklahoma State

Eggo

I am pissed to the greatest extent of pisstivity! What a bunch of pussies!...We are gonna mudhole those whining wannabe's!...ok...I am an old guy. UT lost a total of 19 games in the '60's and I was there for 12 of em. We didnt start winning again until we got a new QB. The X's and O's helped, but we were not doing worth a shit with em till we got the QB. We have the QB now and we are gonna roll. I dont give a shit about Sark's W-L before he was here. I dont give a shit about the W-L before we got Ewers. What we have is the here and now and we are gonna be the big dog again.

I seriously think we are going to send Mr. "I am a man" into a funk that might send him into retirement. The only obstacle in our path from that point on will be eating the cheese.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just purchased my tickets for the game in Stillwater. It looks like ticket prices are dropping if it helps anyone in making a decision. Seatgeek had reasonably priced seats. I sniped two seats for $150 each on the UT 30 on the third level. Also pm me if you are going to be at the game and want to grab beers at half time. 

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 2

Our QB is broken and his backup is a redshirt freshman who's only on our team because his mom is sleeping with the HC and then behind that is only true freshmen... Our secondary is a downgrade from last year and gimpy, with several RS freshmen in the two deep. Linebackers are a big downgrade from last year. Saturday is not going to be a good day for my Cowboys 😔

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

Just purchased my tickets for the game in Stillwater. It looks like ticket prices are dropping if it helps anyone in making a decision. Seatgeek had reasonably priced seats. I sniped two seats for $150 each on the UT 30 on the third level. Also pm me if you are going to be at the game and want to grab beers at half time. 

I bought mine before last weekend because I figured both teams taking care of business would've led to College Gameday and prices going up.  I got mine for $190 each, probably worse seats than you.  

Edited by 40acredropout

The weather for this game looks quite interesting. Skies will be sunny with temperatures likely in the mid-80s. But winds could be a factor with sustained out of the south at 20 mph and gusts of 30-35 mph. (Per usual, OU sucks). This may take away at least some of the deep balls Quinn is able to throw. 

Our QB is broken and his backup is a redshirt freshman who's only on our team because his mom is sleeping with the HC and then behind that is only true freshmen... Our secondary is a downgrade from last year and gimpy, with several RS freshmen in the two deep. Linebackers are a big downgrade from last year. Saturday is not going to be a good day for my Cowboys 

Nobody believes that shit. We're doomed.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

The weather for this game looks quite interesting. Skies will be sunny with temperatures likely in the mid-80s. But winds could be a factor with sustained out of the south at 20 mph and gusts of 30-35 mph. (Per usual, OU sucks). This may take away at least some of the deep balls Quinn is able to throw. 

To be technical, winds out of the south would mean OU blows.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

To be technical, winds out of the south would mean OU blows.

Err, no. If winds are blowing from the south, it means that Oklahoma is sucking air from Texas, from higher pressure to lower pressure. Technically, this weekend, Oklahoma will be caught between a low pressure system over the west, and higher pressure to the east, driving this southerly flow of air from Texas. 

I can assure you, my friend, that Oklahoma sucks.

gfs-deterministic-oklahoma-wnd10m_stream_mph-6476000.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Doesn't matter its going to be close.

Hard disagree.

With all of the injuries, our WR corp is back to what it was at the beginning of last season... Brennan Presley and a bunch of walkons.  PLUS Spencer Sanders isn't 100% and our defense is way, way worse.

Saturday will be ugly. Mark my words.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JMFP said:

Our QB is broken and his backup is a redshirt freshman who's only on our team because his mom is sleeping with the HC and then behind that is only true freshmen... Our secondary is a downgrade from last year and gimpy, with several RS freshmen in the two deep. Linebackers are a big downgrade from last year. Saturday is not going to be a good day for my Cowboys 😔

I don't believe you. Gundy will work his magic. This game will be close.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hard disagree.

With all of the injuries, our WR corp is back to what it was at the beginning of last season... Brennan Presley and a bunch of walkons.  PLUS Spencer Sanders isn't 100% and our defense is way, way worse.

vs our secondary, advantage....OSU

3 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

I don't get why the computers love Texas and Utah this year and hate UCLA. 

Models favor stats that are indicators of success over a large number of snaps. Success rate, for example, is a stat that is relevant for every snap of every game. Compare that to something like 3rd and long % allowed on defense or 4th down % allowed on defense - those might only be relevant for a couple of plays in any given game so the predictive value is seen as much lower. 

So these models take in a bunch of different stats and give more weight to the ones that are seen as being more important over lots of snaps, then they simulate a game like 1000 times to generate a prediction. So while we freak out because allowing Dekkers to convert a bunch of third and longs is horrible and almost cost us the game, the computers might have only had that happening in 80 out of 1000 simulations, and we still won. So as long as we keep having good results on most plays, they're going to keep liking us. 

We're #13 in offensive success rate and #18 in defensive success rate (not sure if those numbers include ISU). I think tOSU, Michigan, UGA, Syracuse, and Minnesota are the only teams above us in both stats. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JMFP said:

cAln4C.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hard disagree.

Not buying this shit. I’m sure some obscure player on offense will light us up after hearing news of his sister dying or his mom receiving a stage 4 diagnosis. This type of shit always happens to us. Think we claw our way to a close win, thinking 38-33 type of game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Not buying this shit. I’m sure some obscure player on offense will light us up after hearing news of his sister dying or his mom receiving a stage 4 diagnosis. This type of shit always happens to us. Think we claw our way to a close win, thinking 38-33 type of game. 

Listen... as an OSU fan I understand this line of thinking because it's happened to us a bunch of times. But I'm telling you right now it ain't happening.

The only way I see it being close is if Texas comes out and turns it over 2-3 times.  Then... yeah I could see it being like a one-score game.  But if Texas plays a clean game and the turnovers are even or favoring Texas, it'll be ugly.  I'm thinking something like 42-13 or some such.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Haha 3

Cool.  Is there where we drop our reverse jinx posts?  I'll just cross post mine from another thread.  

Responding to:  On 10/15/2022 at 6:46 PM, Valmy77 said:  Yeah well...we'll see. Our fans spent the whole ISU game saying you would destroy us next week.

Our game hadn't started by then and honestly, 10 minutes into our game I would have agreed with them.  Then reality slapped us upside our heads.  Maybe I can reverse jinx us but I don't know how we are going to be able to (1) generate any kind of run game whatsoever or (2) keep Ewers from passing for 400 yds and 5 TDs.  So our QB with some kind of injury to his shoulder is going to have to figure out how to come up with 400-500 yds of offense and 45 points with his HC and OC making him run up the middle for at least 35 minutes of game time.  I was just as convinced we'd get killed the year Tyler Cornelius was our QB and guaranteed you guys would kill us multiple times on here.  Probably my greatest reverse jinx ever.  So I'm down to relying on voodoo and black magic again.  So here we go:   

I see no way we even stay competitive in this game.   Texas will probably win 45-15.  We have a pretty big advantage at kicker and I expect Gundy to spend all afternoon exploiting the hell out of that advantage.  Fuck it.  I'm calling it right now.  Texas 45-18.  Take that bitches!  6 FGs shoved right up your asses!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

I thought I heard they the forecast is for winds of ~20 mph. That is going to affect the deep passing game. That hurts Texas more. If reports on Sanders are reliable, I would expect Gundy to try to take the air out of the ball and take his chances in the 4Q. I think this one might be like ISU, though OSU defense is not the same caliber. If OSU is successful this game it will be played below the 30s. If Texas start fast, this could be a comfortable game. 

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hard disagree.

NOT buying it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

I don't get why the computers love Texas and Utah this year and hate UCLA. 

South Alabama is the second-best team they've played all season and they needed a last minute fieldgoal to win that game.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JMFP said:

Our game plan, with a focus of runs up the gut and passes to stationary receivers behind the line of scrimmage, will balance this out. 

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Our game plan, with a focus of runs up the gut and passes to stationary receivers behind the line of scrimmage, will balance this out. 

Huh.

I didn't know anybody had a problem with the offensive play calling this year. It seems very good to me, outside of our delusion that we could just run over Iowa State's defense at the goal line (but hey, that worked out on 4th down). And usually when people do criticize it, it is for going deep on 4th and short and generally being too aggressive. Even our short passes seem to be set up well with motion and pulling blockers and so forth.

• Hook 'Em 4

Err, no. If winds are blowing from the south, it means that Oklahoma is sucking air from Texas, from higher pressure to lower pressure. Technically, this weekend, Oklahoma will be caught between a low pressure system over the west, and higher pressure to the east, driving this southerly flow of air from Texas. 
I can assure you, my friend, that Oklahoma sucks.
gfs-deterministic-oklahoma-wnd10m_stream_mph-6476000.thumb.png.6038d0f6f5e705b91406bd194346da68.png

I agree with you re: Texas. But OU is south of Stillwater. Perhaps we just agree they suck and blow.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Huh.

I didn't know anybody had a problem with the offensive play calling this year. It seems very good to me, outside of our delusion that we could just run over Iowa State's defense at the goal line (but hey, that worked out on 4th down). And usually when people do criticize it, it is for going deep on 4th and short and generally being too aggressive. Even our short passes seem to be set up well with motion and pulling blockers and so forth.

They're negative about everything to do with the team, just ignore it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Listen... as an OSU fan I understand this line of thinking because it's happened to us a bunch of times. But I'm telling you right now it ain't happening.

The only way I see it being close is if Texas comes out and turns it over 2-3 times.  Then... yeah I could see it being like a one-score game.  But if Texas plays a clean game and the turnovers are even or favoring Texas, it'll be ugly.  I'm thinking something like 42-13 or some such.

Sell that shit somewhere else sir.  We'll be lucky to get outta there with our scalps.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1