Game Week - Oklahoma State

Eggo

3 hours ago, ForTheCorner said:

GIF by Australian Survivor

What's a go-to place in Stillwater for a pregame lunch?

I have been to Stillwater three times and I can't ever remember eating any food except for a late night Whataburger run at 130am after one night game.

I enjoy whatever the bar is across from Eskimo Joe's. Do they have food? No idea I don't go there to eat food. If beer counts as food their food was tasty.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hard disagree.

With all of the injuries, our WR corp is back to what it was at the beginning of last season... Brennan Presley and a bunch of walkons.  PLUS Spencer Sanders isn't 100% and our defense is way, way worse.

Saturday will be ugly. Mark my words.

Your reverse jinx won’t work here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

I have been to Stillwater three times and I can't ever remember eating any food except for a late night Whataburger run at 130am after one night game.

I enjoy whatever the bar is across from Eskimo Joe's. Do they have food? No idea I don't go there to eat food. If beer counts as food their food was tasty.

Eskimo Joes it legit.  It's their Scholz Garten.  Multi-story sports bar.  They serve basic stuff:  burgers, dogs, etc.  Their cheese fries are the tits.  With or without candied bacon.  It's worth a stop.  

Hate to say it but this is going to be a Ricky Williams sophomore season 71-14 type beatdown.  The strength of our team was supposed to be getting to the QB and making them pay the price to be in the pocket and we haven't shown the ability to do that so far.  Ewers will probably set a conference record for passing yards....I'm thinking 650+.
Odds of Sanders playing is 50/50. Without Sanders under center 14 points is an aggressive number for our beat up offense to hit.

Are you familiar with the lord and savior of backup QBs, the Texas defense?
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Err, no. If winds are blowing from the south, it means that Oklahoma is sucking air from Texas, from higher pressure to lower pressure. Technically, this weekend, Oklahoma will be caught between a low pressure system over the west, and higher pressure to the east, driving this southerly flow of air from Texas. 

I can assure you, my friend, that Oklahoma sucks.

gfs-deterministic-oklahoma-wnd10m_stream_mph-6476000.png

.... where's the hot weather girl to distract me from whatever those colors are supposed to be?

23 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Just purchased my tickets for the game in Stillwater. It looks like ticket prices are dropping if it helps anyone in making a decision. Seatgeek had reasonably priced seats. I sniped two seats for $150 each on the UT 30 on the third level. Also pm me if you are going to be at the game and want to grab beers at half time. 

Wish I could make this one, but sadly I can't. Shotgun a few beers for me!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hook me said:

that's how it's done. I have the weather app for actual weather.

I think Mexican TV news stations have the right idea as seemingly all of their weather reporters are models. If you’re a male meteorologist you’re staying off camera and writing the script for the hot woman with no degree to deliver the forecast. It’s great!

I'm fascinated to watch the gameplanning and coaching in this game. Will it be a fast pace shootout type game or will the pace be more like Horns/cyclones game.   Both of these teams tend to have good special teams so that will be fun to watch.

Comments

• Sure seems like okie lite at home might want to slow their pace against Texas, and attempt to exploit our DEs with wide runs and jet sweeps.
  • Curious to see Sark's playcalling this Saturday -- might see Texas throw early to help set up the run.
  • Turnovers are gonna be big in this game.  Watch out for okie lite DEs -- they're good.  Expect okie lite to take more risks on defense.
  • Hope the Horns defense stops trend of substituting multiple LBs and DBs together -- Cyclones offense whipped our 2nd group.
  • Not sure okie lite wants another shootout type game like tcu.  Keep game close for 4th quarter and hope homefield  advantage leads to a win.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Eskimo Joes it legit.  It's their Scholz Garten.  Multi-story sports bar.  They serve basic stuff:  burgers, dogs, etc.  Their cheese fries are the tits.  With or without candied bacon.  It's worth a stop.  

Cheesy tits?  I need pics. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sure seems like okie lite at home might want to slow their pace against Texas, and attempt to exploit our DEs with wide runs and jet sweeps.

Definitely agree OSU will try to slow it down.  On point above-  video you posted upthread had some good tibits on OSU running back (Richardson) being more of a slower bruiser than someone you I'd think is more equipped for wide / outside runs:

• 3rd most rushing attempts in league but only 19th of 20 B12 backs in yards/rush
  • 14/19 in runs over 15 yards
  • Last in big 12 in break away %
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

Good news:

Babers had an interesting comment on the Horn yesterday. He said Texas has been putting Watts in man to man with no help quite a bit, but not so much with Jamison.

Jamison’s been getting safety help over the top. So when Watts is out, it makes it much more difficult for Texas to use the man advantage effectively. 

I have to admit I’ve felt the secondary wasn’t as big of a problem as others on Surly, and have always felt Jamison might make an NFL roster. But if Baber’s comments are true, it shows we need better corners on the field even more than I thought. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Definitely agree OSU will try to slow it down.  On point above-  video you posted upthread had some good tibits on OSU running back (Richardson) being more of a slower bruiser than someone you I'd think is more equipped for wide / outside runs:

• 3rd most rushing attempts in league but only 19th of 20 B12 backs in yards/rush
  • 14/19 in runs over 15 yards
  • Last in big 12 in break away %

Yeah, Gundy is probably gonna rotate other RBs in Saturday to help running in this game.

A few pages back I posted this article...

Gordon, Nixon Going to ‘Start Working In’ as Cowboys Search for Boost in Run Game

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gordon-nixon-going-to-start-working-in-as-cowboys-search-for-boost-in-run-game/

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Babers had an interesting comment on the Horn yesterday. He said Texas has been putting Watts in man to man with no help quite a bit, but not so much with Jamison.

Jamison’s been getting safety help over the top. So when Watts is out, it makes it much more difficult for Texas to use the man advantage effectively. 

I have to admit I’ve felt the secondary wasn’t as big of a problem as others on Surly, and have always felt Jamison might make an NFL roster. But if Baber’s comments are true, it shows we need better corners on the field even more than I thought. 

That’s the basis of the defense we run. Has less to do with Watts v Jamison, and more to do with the boundary v field corner position

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Starting DT.

Wonder if he has been playing through a shoulder or knee that needs to be cleaned up and once they lost to TCU and the team injury situation makes it unlikely they could make the CFP, it’s time to get it done now and be ready for the draft than play a few more games and get surgery after the season and be unable to go full strength at the combine.

44 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That’s the basis of the defense we run. Has less to do with Watts v Jamison, and more to do with the boundary v field corner position

I am not sure about that. Boundary throws are inherently easier (shorter throw). That is why they are pressing in the boundary. That said, if you were going to give anyone help over the top it would be to the boundary. 

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

I, too, am predicting that a team will win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

This looks like a favorable matchup and if we execute we should win. But winning will require two trends to change- Sark’s road record and our defense limiting the dink and passing game. The only thing Oklahoma State will be able to execute right now is the one thing we stubbornly refuse to defend. I hope we break some trends Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Most fans are probably 6-1 by virtue of simply picking a win every time, aside from not quite talking themselves into picking a win against Bama
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2