Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

without leaks, we just have to make shit up.  I heard from an Amazon delivery driver that drops off packages at my home in Houston, that his buddy in who delivers to Austin, said that a package was delivered to Beard's home and that it was slightly ripped and he could see it had an ice cream scooper inside.  Who buys an ice cream scooper for a home if they are planning to sell and move?  

e43eb6f03f85064ae2ae8bcae8a439c4.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Nivek said:

without leaks, we just have to make shit up.  I heard from an Amazon delivery driver that drops off packages at my home in Houston, that his buddy in who delivers to Austin, said that a package was delivered to Beard's home and that it was slightly ripped and he could see it had an ice cream scooper inside.  Who buys an ice cream scooper for a home if they are planning to sell and move?  

Uh oh... Beard's about to give her the Aunt Jemima Treatment...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm ready to get Beard back. Can this shit just be over already? She walked her words back, so can the DA go forward if she doesn't cooperate?

They can. Occasionally they will only make a greater statement- but typically that would be in a situation where there are other witnesses or the photographic evidence is bad. If the photographic evidence were bad I’d think we’d already know it and he’d already be gone basically. Doubt there’s any other witnesses lined up to testify against. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, chainsaw said:

All of that is going to be a distraction for the team. If Beard comes back I wonder if he will handle it well. If not, that might place him on a hot seat in the following years. If he hasn't broken up with this woman, he will be on a short leash with Bellmont and the slightest peep could be the excuse UT will need to fire him for cause.

Beard's had this crazy relationship going on behind the scenes for years. The team is already distracted - what will make them less distracted and play better is having Beard back on the sideline. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Beard's had this crazy relationship going on behind the scenes for years. The team is already distracted - what will make them less distracted and play better is having Beard back on the sideline. 

They are distracted but there will be even more to contend with when Beard makes his return. The media circus will set its crosshairs on the team. If he can coach them around that, I think it will demonstrate that he was worth the negative publicity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

If we retain him will he be back coaching this season?

If I retain him, he resumes his job duties immediately upon the announcement that he’s being retained. Realistically, it would just be an announcement that the investigation is complete and the suspension is lifted. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean... well...

We're desperate for a resolution to this. This is really stressful to us, as fans. But literally nothing is happening. Speculation is happening because it's the only thing we can do.

The other option is to nuke the thread/delete posts/ban discussion until there is something newsworthy; I used to participate regularly at another message board where this is actually happening; a certain well-liked and respected poster was accused of making videos of torturing and murdering puppies for sexual gratification. The guy's name hasn't been officially released, but people in his hometown subreddit are not showing any such restraint. Needless to say, cutting out all discussion until real facts get known is understandable, even if we wouldn't do that ourselves.

My point is, the discussion does have a point -- we're mentally and emotionally wrestling with the bad news, using this thread to cope with it each in our own way. I am pretty much now in a "let's see what happens" mode, but others are going to need to vent, work through it, etc. JFKFC is being a royal pain in the ass in this thread, but has he been that awful of a poster before/elsewhere? Not really... it's just him trying to cope with the bad news in his way.

We don't have to come to this thread for news. If there is any, I suspect it'll be all over the place. The original arrest made the front page of the NY Times, man.

Meanwhile... people gotta vent and work through it.

Link to puppy vids?

• Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I’ve been told something might drop tomorrow  

No idea what or even how reliable this info might be, but this person has provided me with accurate info in the past  

plus it is a Tuesday!

we shall see though.  

Was this from the same source who told you the Sark pregame tunnel incident was staged?

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

They are distracted but there will be even more to contend with when Beard makes his return.

They will also have one of the best coaches in America back in the locker room. 

I'd rather have a media circus surrounding the team with Beard at the helm than have this thing be sitting in some weird purgatory with Rodney Terry running things. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I haven’t heard anything about something happening tomorrow but I did hear something this morning unrelated to the event at hand that if true would probably determine the outcome and not in a good way depending on your perspective. 
But, we will just have to wait it out. I doubt anything would be announced from UT’s end on game day so there’s that. 

39 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

This isn't you?

Lol where does it say i think it was staged? Sarks a fucking idiot meathead, i was saying the kid gloves have come off and he is no longer being protected/sheltered from his own dumbassary.        

the decision to finally remove those gloves is what was “planned”.  They want to end his artificial “nice guy” image so there is less backlash when they shit can him in 1-2 years.  Look at how Tom herman was handled  

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Lol where does it say i think it was staged? Sarks a fucking idiot meathead, i was saying the kid gloves have come off and he is no longer being protected/sheltered from his own dumbassary.        

the decision to finally remove those gloves is what was “planned”.  They want to end his artificial “nice guy” image so there is less backlash when they shit can him in 1-2 years.  Look at how Tom herman was handled  

The first trickle was when they put it out there about he and his wife having a food fight drunk argument on a donors plane and her trying to open the door in mid air. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I thought everyone knew Herman was a giant douche from day 1.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

so you think Anwar releases or doesn’t release this video based on what UT people want?  He’s pretty much a muckraker regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

so you think Anwar releases or doesn’t release this video based on what UT people want?  He’s pretty much a muckraker regardless. 

Anwar does not report anything not spoon fed to him.  I bet a third of his stuff comes from reading Surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t want to hijack the thread anymore, so I’ll just say this.

I do not think there is a concerted effort to sabotage Sarkles.  The change is that there is no longer as much pressure on media members to turn a blind eye to the dumbassary as there once was. 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO

54 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I haven’t heard anything about something happening tomorrow but I did hear something this morning unrelated to the event at hand that if true would probably determine the outcome and not in a good way depending on your perspective. 
But, we will just have to wait it out. I doubt anything would be announced from UT’s end on game day so there’s that. 

$9.95 for that?

2 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Oh wow, the conspiracy runs deeper than I thought!

Next time you should just say you were shitposting or you were hacked. 

37 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

No way the school announces shit on the same day as the home conference opener. Now Wednesday? Sure I could believe that but honestly I don't think we hear anything until after the Jan 18th hearing 

Nothing will be decided much less announced until the resolution from the DA's office. If they fire him and the DA drops the case due to lack of evidence then Beard is immediately suing for his money given the alleged victim in the case has already stated he didn't attack her. The University isn't going to risk getting dragged into a lawsuit and having to settle and pay millions to make Beard go away. Isn't going to happen. Anyone saying anything else is a complete idiot. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Nothing will be decided much less announced until the resolution from the DA's office. If they fire him and the DA drops the case due to lack of evidence then Beard is immediately suing for his money given the alleged victim in the case has already stated he didn't attack her. The University isn't going to risk getting dragged into a lawsuit and having to settle and pay millions to make Beard go away. Isn't going to happen. Anyone saying anything else is a complete idiot. 

School wouldn’t have to pay Bears because of sovereign immunity but that wouldn’t prevent having to pay lawyers to handle the lawsuits.  The bigger issue in this case would be backlash from donors who supported Beard and then backlash from potential coaches over it.

55 minutes ago, txhorns said:

School wouldn’t have to pay Bears because of sovereign immunity but that wouldn’t prevent having to pay lawyers to handle the lawsuits.  The bigger issue in this case would be backlash from donors who supported Beard and then backlash from potential coaches over it.

They absolutely don't want to be a University that screws a top flight coach out of their contract by invoking sovereign immunity. This isn't Texas Tech. That's a non option. They'll either come to a settlement or pay off his contract before they ever did that. 

That's why they aren't going to make any move until the legal dust settles. When she made the public statement in his favor that completely changed everything. It's going to be a while until anything happens here so just hope Terry can carry this team to a top 3 seed and elite 8+. Would be a successful season under the circumstances and hopefully it's all resolved in time to salvage the recruiting class. 

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Hermanator, you fucking retard, he can be fired for a felony arrest.

Sure he can. But if it looks like he was wrongfully fired because the alleged victim supported him publicly and said she did wrong, which has already happened, and the district attorney drops any charges then he will immediately file suit claiming he was wrongfully accused. He would have a reasonable case that he did not violate his contract and therefore is owed the full amount of the guaranteed deal. He would immediately sue the university and it would become a giant mess, and all for a coach that has the program primed to do big things.

Be careful who you call names when you don't understand the nuances of the situation. The university does not want to deal with that kind of mess so they will not make a move until the dust settles on the legal case. Get that through your fucking head. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just look at the whole Mike Leach Texas Tech fiasco and the same shit would apply here if the charges get dropped. He will file suit for the money and the university will be in a position to either do the Texas Tech bullshit sovereign immunity to weasel out of it or potentially pay him to go away. Years later the only people that look like complete idiots in that whole thing is Texas Tech. They aren't going to take that risk when there's zero reason for them to do so. He's already suspended so it's not like he's coaching right now anyway. I know this JFK fried Chicken dumbass is just an annoying troll but for anyone wondering why they haven't done anything yet that's the reason. 

The whole public perception thing gets way overblown. If they reinstate him after charges are dropped there will be some people that make a stink about it but it'll quickly go away. Do you know who the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns in yesterday's game was? Deshoun Watson. That was a much bigger story than this and they took a lot of shit up front when they signed him but now he's playing and nobody gives a shit because everybody already moved on. If the charges get dropped and no video proof comes out then Beard will be the coach next season. 

I wonder if/when Beard is reinstated, they call a press conference to let Beard and the University tell their side of the stories. If you don't do it, then the media will probably crucify both the parties. If we do it, I guess we would risk Beard not coming off as genuine or saying something to incriminate him publicly. I can see pros and cons of either approach.

15 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just look at the whole Mike Leach Texas Tech fiasco and the same shit would apply here if the charges get dropped. He will file suit for the money and the university will be in a position to either do the Texas Tech bullshit sovereign immunity to weasel out of it or potentially pay him to go away. Years later the only people that look like complete idiots in that whole thing is Texas Tech. They aren't going to take that risk when there's zero reason for them to do so. He's already suspended so it's not like he's coaching right now anyway. I know this JFK fried Chicken dumbass is just an annoying troll but for anyone wondering why they haven't done anything yet that's the reason. 

The whole public perception thing gets way overblown. If they reinstate him after charges are dropped there will be some people that make a stink about it but it'll quickly go away. Do you know who the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns in yesterday's game was? Deshoun Watson. That was a much bigger story than this and they took a lot of shit up front when they signed him but now he's playing and nobody gives a shit because everybody already moved on. If the charges get dropped and no video proof comes out then Beard will be the coach next season. 

This is also stupid. The university needs to move on. If they don't want a lawsuit buy him out and tell him bye. 

The optics of this are not "wait and see if they drop charges then LOL ALL GOOD" 

The only reason they haven't done anything yet is because they are trying to keep him, which is absolutely fucking bonkers. 

He was on video in shackles and fucking prison uniform. His time at Texas should have been sealed then. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is also stupid. The university needs to move on. If they don't want a lawsuit buy him out and tell him bye. 

The optics of this are not "wait and see if they drop charges then LOL ALL GOOD" 

The only reason they haven't done anything yet is because they are trying to keep him, which is absolutely fucking bonkers. 

He was on video in shackles and fucking prison uniform. His time at Texas should have been sealed then. 

According to the alleged victim it's because she was  overreacting and was pissed. 

They can pay off millions left to make him go away then risk looking like Texas Tech sending away the winning coach to be mediocre as shit for a decade. I'd rather give the proven winner who took a program that just lost to ACU to their first tourney win in almost a decade followed by a 12-1 top 10 team a second chance. I'd think a guy like CDC whose job security depends on football and men's basketball winning probably agreees. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, freyguy said:

It was a dick move by ttech, but they sure as hell haven't suffered much because of it.

They've been worse than we have post Mack after running off a guy who had them up around the top 10 several times. Now they have a gimmick HS coach who overachieved his first season but now has to prove he has staying power and can consistently build his own teams. They are way worse off than they were when they fired Leach

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi